• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question What's the ideal setup for ACC (Magisk or AccA)?

Search This thread

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
So I have been playing with Advanced Charging Controller for 1 week now and I am trying to find a good setup for it specifically for this phone. I have seen dev's recommendations on github (limit to 3920mV up to 60% and 4100mV up to 75%) but I wanted to know your opinions on this. Maybe add cooldowns too (stop charging for 1 minute to lower the temperature).

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Personally I use ACCA (from Magisk "store") since ± 1year (on OnePlus 6 previously) in order to keep my battery in the healthiest shape.
My regular settings is to stop charging when reaching 80% and restart at 75%; but also to avoid to go lower than 20% and to use the fast charger provided in the box only exceptionally.

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Personally I use ACCA (from Magisk "store") since ± 1year (on OnePlus 6 previously) in order to keep my battery in the healthiest shape.
My regular settings is to stop charging when reaching 80% and restart at 75%; but also to avoid to go lower than 20% and to use the fast charger provided in the box only exceptionally.
Why would you restart at 75%? You wouldn't really be advised to go over 75% let alone letting it restart charging at 75% (when you plug it overnight for example).

michelD

Jan 12, 2009
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire 820
Why would you restart at 75%? You wouldn't really be advised to go over 75% let alone letting it restart charging at 75% (when you plug it overnight for example).
In fact, I recharge quasi exclusively during the night, and with 75%, I'm sure that, in the worst case, I start my day with 75% which is in general largely enough for my usage.
I hope it clarifies.
This being said, temperature is also very destructive for batteries, it's why I tuned ACCA to keep it below 45°C.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
shutdown capacity 35%, cool down capacity 20% resume capacity 50%, pause capacity 55%

cool down temp 35°C
cool down ratio 20 10
cool down current 100
maximum current 400

ArrowOS
Screenshot_20210620-174221.png

Last edited:

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
In fact, I recharge quasi exclusively during the night, and with 75%, I'm sure that, in the worst case, I start my day with 75% which is in general largely enough for my usage.
I hope it clarifies.
This being said, temperature is also very destructive for batteries, it's why I tuned ACCA to keep it below 45°C.
I get what you mean. It sounds interesting but for my case I won't really sweat it for that extra 5% (recharging from 70 to 75%) because I don't really use it at work and it has like 0.5%/hour discharging rate overnight.

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Oh I see. This is probably too much Hussle for me. I guess I will try to use your other options (cool down and stuff).

Make sure you know what each parameter means and does.

You need to have a bit knowledge of physics.

The settings posted previously will significantly slow down the charging speed. It will stop charging at 55%. Phone will shutdown at 35%.

After configuration set, reboot to see the effect.

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Make sure you know what each parameter means and does.

You need to have a bit knowledge of physics.

The settings posted previously will significantly slow down the charging speed. It will stop charging at 55%. Phone will shutdown at 35%.

After configuration set, reboot to see the effect.
Wouldn't setting most of those settings from AccA work without rebooting?

stavrosbin

Mar 14, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
The change of "current" need reboot to take effect.

This information is written by the author in his README file.
Well yeah that's why I said most. Hopefully I can make the calculation so that I can let it go up to 75% since I don't want it just charging to 55%. Maybe trial and error will work for that I guess. If you have any insights on that feel free to help I guess. My ideal charge would be 25-75%.

Right now I have set a 750mah charging limit with 4100mV limit so that it finally reaches around 75% but I haven't really implemented any cooldowns at all. But, I am pretty sure the 4.1V cap makes the cooldown redundant. What do you think?

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
Well yeah that's why I said most. Hopefully I can make the calculation so that I can let it go up to 75% since I don't want it just charging to 55%. Maybe trial and error will work for that I guess. If you have any insights on that feel free to help I guess. My ideal charge would be 25-75%.

Right now I have set a 750mah charging limit with 4100mV limit so that it finally reaches around 75% but I haven't really implemented any cooldowns at all. But, I am pretty sure the 4.1V cap makes the cooldown redundant. What do you think?

The charging indication will not change rapidly while cooldown.

You need some apps to observe the current change,
ampere app for example.

Personally did not set voltage limit, so those are blank.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LMAO, that's calling taking battery health conservation to the extreme.

Live a little and use your phone...nothing lasts forever.

Well, recently always in front PC. Larger screen better. So phone stay mostly standby for phone calls.

That's the reason set that profile.