Question What's the most stable and least problematic custom ROM for SPES?

Search This thread

mxdxl

Mar 9, 2017
HI all, what do y'all think is the most stable and least problematic among all the custom ROMs for SPES? I'd like to know 'coz I'm tired of backing up my files and switching to other ROMs when there's something wrong with my current ROM, thanks!

NeoSDAP

Mar 2, 2016
Guatemala City
Redmi Note 11
In my case it is Evolution X (both Android 12 and Android 13) for a simple reason:

It is one of the few ROMs that has solved a bug with the Goodix fingerprint readers, which is that it does not let the screen turn off correctly, since it takes the FP as a button. Well, I know that Pixel Experience also solved it but I had a bad experience with that ROM.

Used Pixel Experience for 2 months. It's smooth
Been using Evolution X for a week, my only complaints are some bugs like fingerprint not working until I unlock the phone on some instances
Planning to move to CrDroid sometime next week tho, idk I'd recommend use them all and decide what you should use

In my case it is Evolution X (both Android 12 and Android 13) for a simple reason:

It is one of the few ROMs that has solved a bug with the Goodix fingerprint readers, which is that it does not let the screen turn off correctly, since it takes the FP as a button. Well, I know that Pixel Experience also solved it but I had a bad experience with that ROM.
But maintainer said this is the october build will be last due to him preparing for university

so no more evo x for this phone :(

NeoPreacher

Dec 4, 2012
Bielefeld
Moto G5 Plus
Redmi Note 8
HI all, what do y'all think is the most stable and least problematic among all the custom ROMs for SPES? I'd like to know 'coz I'm tired of backing up my files and switching to other ROMs when there's something wrong with my current ROM, thanks!
Well, then back to official MIUI I suggest. Nobody can assess what "something wrong" means to you. Rom development is an ongoing process, bugs happen. For some a (slightly) lower sot is "wrong" for others the gaming performance is "wrong". I find this kind of questions difficult since more people want just ready to use roms without the more or less hassle that may come with software in development from and for the community and developed by learning hobby developers, enthusiasts or semi professionals or as often seen tech students. This is not how this all here works. I'm using pa sapphire beta for weeks now, which definitely has its pros and cons (for example). But I'm cool with it since it's stable in case of random reboots and its overall performance (nearly no sudden performance drops in general usage). Where for others the small hiccups it has are unacceptable I'm clearly happy with it (until another interesting rom or update comes up ☺️). Long story short, it depends on what "something wrong" means individually since there are several stable and 'well performing' projects out there. Cheers

mxdxl

Mar 9, 2017
Till now the most stable rom is undoubtedly crDroid 8.8 or 8.9 Android 12... You should give a try
I actually was on cdDroid since 8.7 but then 8.9 has the goodix bug, which made the phone incredibly annoying to use, so I tried Evolution X on Android 13 and its stable, for now, but I'm probably gonna get back to crDroid when the goodix bug will be fixed.

Reactions: Kevohmuinde

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
I tried all of them from XDA and out of XDA, from the lot of available ROMs, the simpler, less customizable seems to run smoother than all the rest, PixelOS v13 takes the credit. I personally prefer something more customizable, and the better for that is AncientOS-Shield, of course, it could have its cons, as the battery consumption within other things, so, finally, you'll find that you should give it a try in your own, the experience from others also can help you, to decide, not to use it, but to try it (or not)

Last edited:

freakoutski

Mar 18, 2011
I tried all of them from XDA and out of XDA, from the lot of available ROMs, the simpler, less customizable seems to run smoother than all the rest, PixelOS v13 takes the credit. I personally prefer something more customizable, and the better for that is AncientOS-Shield, of course, it could have its cons, as the battery consumption within other things, so, finally, you'll find that you should give it a try in your own, the experience from others also can help you, to decide, not to use it, but to try it (or not)
Thank you for this information, Subway.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to search and find either of the ROMs you mention specifically for spes or spesn, which is a pity because I was hoping to take a look at PixelOS.

Would you be able to help with a link please?

EDIT: I found PixelOS, but it is unofficial and from July 22

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Thank you for this information, Subway.

Unfortunately, I'm struggling to search and find either of the ROMs you mention specifically for spes or spesn, which is a pity because I was hoping to take a look at PixelOS.

Would you be able to help with a link please?

EDIT: I found PixelOS, but it is unofficial and from July 22

The sites where Usually I take a look are: SourceForge, AFH and PlingOS (it stores in SF anyway).

Here is: https://sourceforge.net/projects/spes-roms/files/PixelOS/

Plus, these are the ones, I didn't try it yet, from the "Pixel-ish" line https://download.pixelexperience.org/spes

Reactions: freakoutski

Top Liked Posts