What's the most stable Android phone of all time

Search This thread

hosejim956

Jan 8, 2022
Hi, I am in search of the android phone with historically least documented hardware problems.
I am trying to make sort of a DIY hardware crypto wallet but instead I want to use an old Android phone. I will completely wipe its storage, flash a safe custom ROM and even remove its (some) antennas for extra safety.

But first I need to find a very stable device that has historically performed really well, hasnt had many hardware issues, bootloops etc. and preferrably an old device because it would be much cheaper :)

Thank you!

Reactions: GeniusTechman20
Jan 10, 2022
I have had Samsung Galaxy S series in the past have been very reliable. I recently switch to the Pixel 6, and so far have not had any problems. My brother has had his for over a year and had had no problems either.

Reactions: GeniusTechman20

DGL2033

May 2, 2016
I used HTC phones for nearly a decade, and they have all been great phones. Not only that, but, used, they can be had for very little. The M9 was my last model and has some awesome hardware still. I switched to LG V40 thin Q, just before the pixel 6 I'm now on, only because TMobile forced me to, coming from Sprint. But, the pixel 6 was free, so I'm not complaining too loudly. The point is, the LG was by far the best phone I've ever owned. It's really too bad they decided to quit when they were finally producing some really great hardware/software. I left HTC because back then, it looked like they too, we're getting ready to close down. But, the HTC Evo 4G LTE I probably used the longest. Loved that phone too, but, it never moved to KitKat, stuck on jellybean due to a partition issue I think. The only issue I ever had with HTC, was the M9, and it was well known to run hot at times, but, it never affected performance.

pastorbob62

Mar 29, 2013
Springfield
Get the Nokia G50, very good value.
I recently reviewed it against my Nokia 8.3 5g

I just bought 2 G50 phones for my wife and I in the USA. I am extremely impressed and pleased. For the last 10 years we have used Motorola phones and recently tried out the Moto One 5G Ace. But the support has gone to nil. And the 5G Ace is only on Android 10 with no plans to upgrade further. Needless to say, when we tried the G50 it was a no brainer. Before it even proceeded with setup, it upgraded to Android 12. Returned the 5G Aces and we are now cruising with our new Nokias. The bang for the buck beats any phone we have owned to date. Great features and performance. (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Get the Nokia G50, very good value.
    I recently reviewed it against my Nokia 8.3 5g

Hi, I am in search of the android phone with historically least documented hardware problems.
    I am trying to make sort of a DIY hardware crypto wallet but instead I want to use an old Android phone. I will completely wipe its storage, flash a safe custom ROM and even remove its (some) antennas for extra safety.

But first I need to find a very stable device that has historically performed really well, hasnt had many hardware issues, bootloops etc. and preferrably an old device because it would be much cheaper :)

Thank you!
    I have had Samsung Galaxy S series in the past have been very reliable. I recently switch to the Pixel 6, and so far have not had any problems. My brother has had his for over a year and had had no problems either.
    I've had my galaxy S10e for almost three years and still going strong!