What's the smoothest experience for our device?

Search This thread

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
Just ordered a Pixel as a backup phone, and I wanna get a headstart and know what the smoothest possible experience is at the moment for our phone.

I don't care what Android version I'm on, don't really use any new features past Android 8. I just want the smoothest experience for the phone.

Should I run the stock Android 7 or 8? Or is the Android 10 update actually smoother on this old device?

Don't mind flashing a custom ROM, but not just to be on a higher Android version or to get more features, only if it's nice and smooth and stable.

Anyone's recommendations or 2 cents is welcomed let me know! I'm excited to tinker with the device.

Reactions: Armentanzirian

FoxyDrew

Aug 18, 2014
East Taunton
If anyone is looking for an answer to this after some trial and error LineageOS 17.1 seems to be the smoothest experience. Android 11 ROMs aren't there yet. Unless you go back to Oreo or Nougat this seems to be the smoothest option. Shoutout Lineage DEVs

Reactions: Armentanzirian

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just ordered a Pixel as a backup phone, and I wanna get a headstart and know what the smoothest possible experience is at the moment for our phone.

I don't care what Android version I'm on, don't really use any new features past Android 8. I just want the smoothest experience for the phone.

Should I run the stock Android 7 or 8? Or is the Android 10 update actually smoother on this old device?

Don't mind flashing a custom ROM, but not just to be on a higher Android version or to get more features, only if it's nice and smooth and stable.

Anyone's recommendations or 2 cents is welcomed let me know! I'm excited to tinker with the device.
    PE 10 is great choice
    If anyone is looking for an answer to this after some trial and error LineageOS 17.1 seems to be the smoothest experience. Android 11 ROMs aren't there yet. Unless you go back to Oreo or Nougat this seems to be the smoothest option. Shoutout Lineage DEVs