What's up with the battery life and "Cell standby" percentage?

Search This thread

TLxda-d

Oct 25, 2017
I bought this 9T a few months ago. I think the SOT I had at first was about 10 hours, which is OK but I've seen better, but now after 3 months of usage it barely achieves 5 hours and the "Cell standby" rating—which I'm not sure what it stands for—is always at the top of the battery drainage list.

What's wrong with this phone? This makes no sense.
Screenshot_2020-01-16-18-43-01-412_com.miui.securitycenter-540x1170.jpg

Last edited:

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
I bought this 9T a few months ago. I think the SOT I had at first was about 10 hours, which is OK but I've seen better, but now after 3 months of usage it barely achieves 5 hours and the "Cell standby" rating—which I'm not sure what it stands for—is always at the top of the battery drainage list.

What's wrong with this phone? This makes no sense.
View attachment 4927979
This is the cell/modem connexion 4G network.

You made use 2 times 20% of heavy data use in very short time (check it on the curve).
Check the same application you did with a wifi connexion because it can be your network 4G that is weak and lead to this heavy drain.

mejgs

Jul 16, 2015
There are some draining problems in Miui lately. Something is causing this, that's the reason I skipped Xiaomi this time after years of using it.

"TechTablets" review of MiNote 10 also confirmed this. Basically you buy a phone with a beefy battery, but not getting the expected battery life.

I tried everything to sort this out, but it wasn't giving me any results. This was not the case with previous Xiaomi devices, like Mi8...

lolo9393

Dec 28, 2011
Chau Doc Vietnam
There are some draining problems in Miui lately. Something is causing this, that's the reason I skipped Xiaomi this time after years of using it.

"TechTablets" review of MiNote 10 also confirmed this. Basically you buy a phone with a beefy battery, but not getting the expected battery life.

I tried everything to sort this out, but it wasn't giving me any results. This was not the case with previous Xiaomi devices, like Mi8...
You said "lately". Yes but latest android 10 eu rom have a much better behavior.
Nlp wakelock is almost stopped and standby drain is lower than 0.5%/h (without AOD)
AOD at day consume some 1% additional.
MiNote10 was reported heavy consumer because of the camera needs.
they will improve at Xiaomi, not overnight but surely.

You'll come back to MIUI.