What's up with the TWRP backups restore

Search This thread

harisyks

Jul 12, 2013
Sarajevo
Hi guys,

I've been using TWRP on nearly all my devices and never had problems doing nandroid backups and restores.

Well today, I've been to a near-hard brick and barely managed to get back to boot after I attempted to restore a backup.

My steps:
1. Backup all partitions available
2. Restore those

After that I end up in the bootloader and couldn't boot into anything. Anyway, I solved it but want to know:

Did I do something wrong? What would be the correct steps and/or partitions to backup and restore?

Thanks

ashokabs

Mar 9, 2011
New Delhi
Hi guys,

I've been using TWRP on nearly all my devices and never had problems doing nandroid backups and restores.

Well today, I've been to a near-hard brick and barely managed to get back to boot after I attempted to restore a backup.

My steps:
1. Backup all partitions available
2. Restore those

After that I end up in the bootloader and couldn't boot into anything. Anyway, I solved it but want to know:

Did I do something wrong? What would be the correct steps and/or partitions to backup and restore?

Thanks

I did the same thing and ended up in a worse problem. It would not even go into recovery or be recognized by the computer. Gave me a near heart attack and took several hours and some luck to read the right article to recover. I think one has to only save and restore system, vendor, boot and data. One article on TWRP website has recommended that one should only save system image and vendor image and restore them. What would happen to the data partition then? I am not willing to try again unless someone can give a step by step description for fear of hard bricking my Pixel 2.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone