WhatsApp bans WhatsApp PLUS users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

fiz:ik

MOD EDIT: Please remember not to link to WhatsApp Plus APKs or download sources due to copyright issues (DMCA).

The time has come. The moody WhatsApp team does not like themeable apps with much more comfort for users than there own little app without customization options.

That's what you'll see
attachment.php

Why am I banned for using WhatsApp Plus and how do I get unbanned?

WhatsApp Plus is an application that was not developed by WhatsApp, nor is it authorized by WhatsApp. The developers of WhatsApp Plus have no relationship to WhatsApp, and we do not support WhatsApp Plus. Please be aware that WhatsApp Plus contains source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe and that your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties without your knowledge or authorization.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version of WhatsApp from our website or Google Play. Then, you will be able to use WhatsApp.
Source: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/105

I don't know if this thread here is "legal" because it is concerning WhatsApp PLUS.. but I just wanted to let you know guys :good:

light at the end of the tunnel

R.I.P. WhatsApp+
Very sad of WhatsApp Inc., or should I say Facebook? I think it was ****erberg's idea to shut down the better brother of WhatsApp.
Very very sad, instead of partnering up and exchange features they kill one of the best app ever.
Normal WhatsApp wont be as good as the PLUS version... never.

Legends may sleep, but they never die.

Last edited:

Army92

May 3, 2011
The time has come. The moody WhatsApp team does not like themeable apps with much more comfort for users than there own little app without customization options.

That's what you'll see
attachment.php

I don't know if this thread here is "legal" because it is concerning WhatsApp PLUS.. but I just wanted to let you know guys :good:

Thanks :) I was about to create a thread like this, but then I've just seen your post.
Today I also have been banned for 24 hours because I'm using WhatsApp Plus.
Now, I have installed WhatsApp from the Play Store and I guess I just have to wait 24 hours before I can use it again.
See screenshot attached.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 14,126
Last edited:

Army92

May 3, 2011
I backed up my WA+ data and escaped the ban I guess, running the original version :angel:

But to be honest.... it's a weird feeling seeing the original whatsapp.. I don't know.. but the design and the functionalities of the original app aren't contemporary anymore in my eyes :p

Yeah, you're right. I've used WhatsApp Plus with material design theme and it looked so awesome. :D The original one is just ugly :silly:

Edit: I honestly think they should have pushed a little message or a warning like "Your account will be banned in X hours because you may have violated our terms of service. Please install the original WhatsApp from the play store" or something like that.

Edit 2: I've wrote an email to WhatsApp regarding a possible unlock before the end of the 24 hours.
Surprisingly I just got an answer which is just a basic information about payment and stuff. Not a single word about the ban.

Last edited:

Paradoxumical

Jan 20, 2015
Yeah, you're right. I've used WhatsApp Plus with material design theme and it looked so awesome. :D The original one is just ugly :silly:

Edit: I honestly think they should have pushed a little message or a warning like "Your account will be banned in X hours because you may have violated our terms of service. Please install the original WhatsApp from the play store" or something like that.

Edit 2: I've wrote an email to WhatsApp regarding a possible unlock before the end of the 24 hours.
Surprisingly I just got an answer which is just a basic information about payment and stuff. Not a single word about the ban.

+1
I wrote them a nice long angry email, I find the ban to be ridiculous. They should have at least released a notification or something before handing out the ban. They're just pushing their user database.

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Got me too lol.. Oh well I rarely use it anyway and im sure alot of people will be upset about this.. The makers of whatsapp+ don't even charge for their work and ya still need a valid account with WhatsApp to even use it.. Either the official app starts allowing users to freedom of customization that + does or I'm taking my 99 cents elsewhere!!! Lol

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I wonder what happens if you keep using whatsapp plus, perma ban or what? They will probably bypass it anyway again but will they give a harder punishment then 1 day? I would really miss all the plus features which you can't get on the normal version. Well 22:22:53 Hours:Minutes:Seconds to go. Thankyou Whatsapp:good:

Reactions: ssachu94 and aha360

wulsic

Aug 21, 2013
Nijmegen
OnePlus 8 Pro
I am still use whatsapp+ without banning bullsh*t:)......guess I'm the Lucky one:fingers-crossed:
Maybe it will come later at a specific time.
Any fix on a short time?

I am not sure but I think that whatsapp plus developers would think of a solution. But if whatsapp can see it again they might give a heavier punishment. There's nothing wrong with the original whatsapp but I just like the theming ability and to remove some retarded limits which just screws the whole audio files and images. Also it's nice to see when someone is online :cowboy:
@mihir.mehta they won't talk about this with mail.

miroid

Oct 26, 2010
Almere
bye bye whatsapp

if they still ban me after 24 hours i dont give a
For me hangouts is better then stock whatsapp. its backups my pictures and i can use gifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Please remember not to link to WhatsApp Plus APKs or download sources due to copyright issues (DMCA).

That's what you'll see
    attachment.php

Why am I banned for using WhatsApp Plus and how do I get unbanned?

WhatsApp Plus is an application that was not developed by WhatsApp, nor is it authorized by WhatsApp. The developers of WhatsApp Plus have no relationship to WhatsApp, and we do not support WhatsApp Plus. Please be aware that WhatsApp Plus contains source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe and that your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties without your knowledge or authorization.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version of WhatsApp from our website or Google Play. Then, you will be able to use WhatsApp.

R.I.P. WhatsApp+
    Very sad of WhatsApp Inc., or should I say Facebook? I think it was ****erberg's idea to shut down the better brother of WhatsApp.
    Very very sad, instead of partnering up and exchange features they kill one of the best app ever.
    Normal WhatsApp wont be as good as the PLUS version... never.

Legends may sleep, but they never die.
    This is hilarious, i love how they warn us on their page about whatsapp plus being potentially unsafe due to privacy and that our information may be leaked to other sources.

for refernce:
    Please be aware that WhatsApp Plus contains source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe and that your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties without your knowledge or authorization.

I was like, wait, wut? Facebook, that's the concept of your site, that's what your WHOLE company is built upon. Stealing data from the masses, and you! YOU feel the need to to warn me about the METHODS with which YOU ACTUALLY EARN YOUR GOD DAMN MONEY?

Holy hell..

I just gave them one star. Screw them! I don't even give a damn about the ban, replies can wait. It's just that irony that kinda got to me.
    Thats no good..do we have anyone else that are done with their 24 ban to report on if everything is back to normal after?

My ban just ended. Been using WhatsApp+ for the last 11 minutes. No ban, yet... Will continue to update.
    I know that they are only giving normal copy&paste answers but still i wroted this to them, also gived 1 star on Play Store to Whatsapp.

"Hi,

I wrote this feedback to Play-store with 1 stars to yours app.

"This app is worthy of 1 star because Whatsapp force users to use original Whatsapp. Whatsapp Inc. is banning all users for 24 hours without even warning them if they are using 3rd party Whatsapp app example Whatsapp+. Reason is that Whatsapp+ is lot of better app with more customization because Whatsapp Inc. cant do better app than this crap so they choosed to ban Whatsapp+ and all of their issues. Disgusting. Shame on you!"

It's sad that you guys force people to use yours crap and ugly **** UI when you can't do better app than that crap. You lose yours face and i hope that you guys go to corner to shame on you.
    Normal Whatsapp UI is outdated. It's sad that you guys can't even update it to better usable, only choosing to ban users which are using much better Whatsapp client. And you guys ban they even without any warning which is disgusting. Now i'm forced to use crap normal Whatsapp with crap UI. Fortunately i have only 2 weeks use left and i'm not paying other year before you piece of **** heads update your app better.

And i don't want original normal copy&paste answer. I wan't good answer which is handwrited and thinked also.

Regarding,

Ziggy Hulden"
    Modded WhatsApp+ to get undetected from banning.. Hoping it lasts and I will release it. :)