whatsapp for windows mobile

Search This thread

Psinok

Jul 17, 2009
it is possible...
we can actualy look thru the code of whatsapp for wp7 and make the same for wp6.5
but neither i have wp6.5 on my phone nor the efforts are worth it...

well ... it could be interesting to have a 6.x version, compatible with both 6.1 and 6.5 wimo ... please think about it

Last edited:

MMartini65

Apr 21, 2008
MIDP 2.0

Some WM6.5 phones support also MIDP 2.0.
Is the symbian S40 version of whatsapp MIDP 2.0 compliant ?
Maybe it works also on WM phones with MIDP 2.0 support.

Last edited:

maxpay

May 17, 2010
HTC HD2

Hi to every one,

i have a HTC HD2 , and i remmber when it come out .. it was like the best mobile phone i ever seen.. :cyclops:

i think we should not give it up so easily ............. come on we need Whatsapp on it too :crying:

octing62

Feb 19, 2013
Java useless jar files

Hello!

Might I point out what I have found:

Many posts exist on the internet also in this forum. Every lead I have found
points or to a jar file wich gives an error message:

com.nokia.mid.s40.io.Connector.localmsg

or

Root certificate for this application is not found.

The other apps appear to be Qute messenger. That is not what I asked for.
They have a nice whatsapp splash screen, but ar far from whatsapp in the
main appliation.

So to point out in short:

Who wants to have whatsapp, spend money and effort to buy a supported phone OR
get whatsapp 2.10 jar from Aryk and strart with stripping the nokia locals and convert
them to every platform.

Best Regards!

** update: Whatsapp starts on Esmertek jbed 2008 with security overwrite,
after unpacking the jar and editing the meta.mf file to simply delete the permission.
however It is not able to come further then the warning of the always on application.
If I only knew how to accept it in the jbed java client, I could test the verification *****

Last edited:

robrazil

Nov 6, 2010
try to use Viber. It works well on window phone
Is being talked about windows mobile and not windows phone.
Don't exist a viber version to windows mobile too. Neither in Java.

Well, I have a Omnia 2 (I800) with WM 6.5 professional.
I downloaded the file .jar of the message http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35057777&postcount=3 and I used 2 java emulator: JBED and JAVA FX
In both I have the same result.
In JAVA FX...
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

In JAVA FX, after installed and run the whatsapp...
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

FileDownloadHandler.ashx

... we have this screen, but using the JBED JAVA emulator the warning message not appears:
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

I put the data but always the message error about network always appears when I click on "Get Verify Code" button:
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

I installed on my PC(windows XP) the Android emulator "Youwave". I installed the "whatsapp.apk" for Android and I caught my "verify code" but when I used it in mobile phone, this message appeared:
FileDownloadHandler.ashx

I tried to follow some tutorials about convert the file .apk to .jar, like in these pages...
http://droiddudes.com/howto-extract-apk-into-readable-java-source-code-and-xml-files/
http://packmany.blogspot.com.br/2012/07/how-to-convert-apk-files-into-readable.html
... but appeared a error message saying that the java file was corrupted.
I tried too search on internet about "convert .apk to .jar" or "convert .apk to java" but no positive result.

Someone tried some other thing ?

Last edited:

lukes91

Aug 20, 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
this is a simple workaround, and you all might find it stupid, but solves the problem:
install android on HD2
android is faster, more advanced, saves more battery and you can run whatsapp without having to change your phone... give android a try, you can always revert back to WM6.5...

nubail raja

Feb 11, 2006
Honourable Senior Members: Don't let WM6.5 die

Dear lukes91,
Wise idea switching to Android. I own 2 HD2s, one I'm currently using & the other one is in my safety locker, kept for posterity

Android may be faster, more advanced, saves more battery & may be the best thing happened to the human civilization since invention of wheels! yet for people like me its an unknown Angel dangerous than the known devil WM (not WP)

I've been with windows handhelds since WinCE2 days (HP Jornada 720, Universal, O2 xda/ XDA II, Diamond, Touch pro). I have been tinkering & tweaking my devices since early 2000 with serious reg edits, Mortscripting & have finally found my perfect soul-mate in HD2 Leo.

Believe me Mr.Lukes its such a heart wrenching sadness that MS decided to abandon a treasure trove of software developed over a period of 15 years (most of them still work) to face competition from IOS & Android, which are in fact illegitimate offspring of WinCe, MS also abandoned WinXP. Today 40% of Pc users worldwide still very productively work them!! .

I still predominantly use my Leo for WM6.5.3 & only out of compulsion for using Whatsapp & Dropbox I switch to my NativeSD Android, which is a pain in my a---

I have wowed to stick with WM6.5 for as long as I can. but in life change is the only constant! if you can, help us old timers to keep WM alive, please.

Any further advice from you on getting Whatsapp & Dropbox run in WM6.5 will be highly appreciated, irrespective of our mutual hatred for Microsoft capitalist Corp

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: parthabhatta

Mister B

Sep 14, 2006
Ratchada (Bangkok)
Dear lukes91,
Wise idea switching to Android. I own 2 HD2s, one I'm currently using & the other one is in my safety locker, kept for posterity

Android may be faster, more advanced, saves more battery & may be the best thing happened to the human civilization since invention of wheels! yet for people like me its an unknown Angel dangerous than the known devil WM (not WP)

I've been with windows handhelds since WinCE2 days (HP Jornada 720, Universal, O2 xda/ XDA II, Diamond, Touch pro). I have been tinkering & tweaking my devices since early 2000 with serious reg edits, Mortscripting & have finally found my perfect soul-mate in HD2 Leo.

Believe me Mr.Lukes its such a heart wrenching sadness that MS decided to abandon a treasure trove of software developed over a period of 15 years (most of them still work) to face competition from IOS & Android, which are in fact illegitimate offspring of WinCe, MS also abandoned WinXP. Today 40% of Pc users worldwide still very productively work them!! .

I still predominantly use my Leo for WM6.5.3 & only out of compulsion for using Whatsapp & Dropbox I switch to my NativeSD Android, which is a pain in my a---

I have wowed to stick with WM6.5 for as long as I can. but in life change is the only constant! if you can, help us old timers to keep WM alive, please.

Any further advice from you on getting Whatsapp & Dropbox run in WM6.5 will be highly appreciated, irrespective of our mutual hatred for Microsoft capitalist Corp

Thanks

+1 on that, amazed no one ported whatsapp or got a java fix.
Probably more amazed at MS dropping WM completely as it did for the useless crap called WP .
WindowsMobile was superb & indeed the real birth of the smart phone, Android & apple could see the market gap but unfortunately MS was way too slow on development with WM & it never got the mainstream success it deserved.

It is a huge loss of knowledge & great software when completely abandon a platform.
MS done similar error with pc W8-8.1 :-S never learn :-/

dgunn1956

Mar 16, 2009
Melbourne
Today is 2 April 2020, & I'm still using HTC HD2. Smartphones has changed a lot less in the last 10 years than most people realise. I've had no difficulty logging on to XDA-Developers, reading all 18 pages of this discussion & leaving this comment. Cheer

Reactions: GalUnDrux

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Planning to make it supported by WM 6 - 7

I am busy developing a version of whatsapp that will support all windows mobile formats, please if you want to help please support me (do not donate please)

email any ideas to [email protected]

have a nice day :)
    sigh again

And once again i have spoken to the whatsapp developers (not the bot this time)
    and it will take months to re-develop whatsapp for windows mobile, yes it is worth it and yes they want to do it, but really the creators did not expect whatsapp to be so big, they wont be able to manage the work that is needed to make whatsapp, supported by wm. If we can get some developers maybe we will have a potability of succeeding.

It is not really their fault...

Thanks Brody Vernon
    email: [email protected] (please email me if you think you can help with development for Whatsapp Windows-Mobile edition)
    No one buys apps for 6.5, we just download cabs. If you're looking for someone to blame for the lack of development blame yourself.

sent from my hd2 using the xda app
    I am very happy with my HD2 WM side,until WP7 gets matured enough I will keep on using it,since android,and most probably I am in very small minority here,is not much to my liking.
    BTW as for an alternative to WhatsApp Im using Glympse on my WM HD2,you can even set the time intervals from drop down menu ,from Immediate to any.The only downside is that will send SMS with your location as well.
    cab below.
    Today is 2 April 2020, & I'm still using HTC HD2. Smartphones has changed a lot less in the last 10 years than most people realise. I've had no difficulty logging on to XDA-Developers, reading all 18 pages of this discussion & leaving this comment. Cheer