Whatsapp on Mate 40 Pro

Search This thread

evenshop

Aug 24, 2013
Lausanne
www.evenshop.ch
Hello, was anyone able to make Whatsapp work on Mate 40 Pro global ? I tried to install it but it keeps saying that "Google Services" are needed, then a circle keeps turning and I can't do anything....

Edit : Sorry, the reason for the issue is that I installed MicroG, once I uninstalled it, everything worked fine.

Last edited:

Thanos88

Hello, was anyone able to make Whatsapp work on Mate 40 Pro global ? I tried to install it but it keeps saying that "Google Services" are needed, then a circle keeps turning and I can't do anything....

Edit : Sorry, the reason for the issue is that I installed MicroG, once I uninstalled it, everything worked fine.

Hi,microg is needed for youtube vanced. So what happens if you install microg after you have installed WhatsApp ? Does WhatsApp still work ? Are you able to use both WhatsApp and youtube vanced ?

Also, any idea how to install google services on mate 40 pro?

TylerDurben

May 14, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Hi,microg is needed for youtube vanced. So what happens if you install microg after you have installed WhatsApp ? Does WhatsApp still work ? Are you able to use both WhatsApp and youtube vanced ?

Also, any idea how to install google services on mate 40 pro?
Vanced and WhatsApp is working fine!
Atm thers no known way to get the Google services to work.

Gesendet von meinem NOH-NX9 mit Tapatalk

Thanos88

Vanced and WhatsApp is working fine!
Atm thers no known way to get the Google services to work.

Gesendet von meinem NOH-NX9 mit Tapatalk

Thank you ! Another question, I want to transfer my WhatsApp chats over from my Asus rog Phone 3 to the mate 40 pro, how can I do this seeing as I don't have google drive backup on the mate 40 pro? Normally I back up to goggle drive and download the WhatsApp chats from google drive , but the mate 40 doesn't have google.. so how can I download or move my WhatsApp chats backup over to the Huawei so I don't lose all my chats ?

lolopolo

Aug 23, 2008
Hi, just make a backup on the old device, on the new Huawei copy the entire WhatsApp directory to the internal memory. Install WhatsApp in Huawei, enter the number, dta restore that backup and you're done.

Shymmy

Feb 22, 2014
Bucharest
Huawei P9
Huawei P10 Lite
We currently have no viable options for installing Google services on this phone.
With VMOS some applications are installed, but it is not a real option to use; banking applications don't even work with VMOS ...