• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Whatsapp Web not connecting when phone is locked

Search This thread

Mirkinen

Feb 23, 2021
Hey guys,

I just bought the S21+, overall great phone except couple of issue with Android Auto and Whatsapp.
I was able to fix the Android Auto issue (wouldn't connect, had to remove the latest Google Chrome updates) but the whatsapp issue is above my paygrade.

I scanned the QR code and everything works but as soon as the phone screen goes black, whatsapp is slow and disconnects often. Not completely disconnected as after I send a message perhaps 10/15 seconds later it gets set but still not responsive as before (S8+)

Any idea?

Attachments

• 2-23-2021 11-08-39 AM.png
    2-23-2021 11-08-39 AM.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 143

It_ler

Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hey guys,

I just bought the S21+, overall great phone except couple of issue with Android Auto and Whatsapp.
I was able to fix the Android Auto issue (wouldn't connect, had to remove the latest Google Chrome updates) but the whatsapp issue is above my paygrade.

I scanned the QR code and everything works but as soon as the phone screen goes black, whatsapp is slow and disconnects often. Not completely disconnected as after I send a message perhaps 10/15 seconds later it gets set but still not responsive as before (S8+)

Any idea?
Hard to say.
Have you network/internet connection issues?
Are you connected via WiFi or mobile data?
You should check connection settings. Try if it makes a difference if you are connected via WiFi or mobile data.
And if you have installed an adblocker, try disabling. Just to be sure that this is not the culprit.
And I would check for system and app updates.
After you running stock Samsung firmware? Hopefully not disabled any system app.
And the issues with WhatsApp are in the Android app or using WhatsApp desktop on a PC?
EDIT:
Now I have seen the title with WhatsApp web.
Do you have the same issue with WhatsApp desktop app on PC?
The smartphone needs internet access, so if it's locked, it still should be connected to the internet. So you should check the (energy saving) settings that WhatsApp and internet access well not be set to standby when the phone is locked.

Last edited:

pbhat25

Feb 9, 2014
Mumbai
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I think I have been able to resolve this issue for me. I have Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and due to WFH, it is connected over WiFi. Once the phone gets locked due to idle timeout, the Whatsapp Web would get disconnected on my Laptop.

Resolution:
I followed the following steps
  1. Go to Settings -> Connections -> WiFi.
  2. Click on Settings Icon for the Current Network that you are connected on.
  3. Expand the Advanced menu.
  4. Change option for Metered Network as "Treat as unmetered"
This should solve your Whatsapp Web Disconnect issue.

Jun 26, 2021
Hey guys,

I was able to fix the Android Auto issue (wouldn't connect, had to remove the latest Google Chrome updates) but the whatsapp web issue is above my paygrade.

Any idea?
I have the same error and I still can't solve it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think I have been able to resolve this issue for me. I have Samsung Galaxy S20 FE and due to WFH, it is connected over WiFi. Once the phone gets locked due to idle timeout, the Whatsapp Web would get disconnected on my Laptop.

Resolution:
    I followed the following steps
    1. Go to Settings -> Connections -> WiFi.
    2. Click on Settings Icon for the Current Network that you are connected on.
    3. Expand the Advanced menu.
    4. Change option for Metered Network as "Treat as unmetered"
    This should solve your Whatsapp Web Disconnect issue.