Question WhatsApp won't receive calls when screen is off and locked

Search This thread

sauudmir

Jul 22, 2009
London
Got Samsung Galaxy A33 last month, and suddenly WhatsApp calls won't come through when the screen is locked

Have tried uninstall and reinstall

Completely unrestricted access to whatsapp in battery and data

However, nothing seems to work

Mrfaann

Account currently disabled
May 11, 2022
from which platform you download whatsapp? play store or Samsung store?

sauudmir

Jul 22, 2009
London
from which platform you download whatsapp? play store or Samsung store?
Downloaded it through playstore,
Checked all permissions, all notifications are on both in system settings and in app settings, unrestricted access selected but still the call won't come through no matter what.

Even hard resetting the phone didn't help at all

rombitombi

Dec 2, 2022
hi, did you solve the problem?
like you, i have problems with calls on my galaxy a33 5g
when the screen is locked I don't receive normal calls, video calls or whatsapp notifications

sauudmir

Jul 22, 2009
London
hi, did you solve the problem?
like you, i have problems with calls on my galaxy a33 5g
when the screen is locked I don't receive normal calls, video calls or whatsapp notifications

Nope, never found a fix for this.
Had to hard reset the phone after wiping everything off still faced the issue, updated the phone to latest android 13, the issue is somewhat gone as the messages are delayed but goes through most of the times but experience the same a few times

Mozie

Sep 21, 2015
Xiaomi Mi A1
OnePlus 7 Pro
It might be there with another name but it is there

I have used lineage os for quite sometime and there is one setting with the same function, sorry can't remember the name
I don't know, but I tried literally everything; enabling unrestricted background access, disable battery optimization settings, turning off do-not-disturb, resetting notification settings .. but nevertheless. I have a Xiaomi Mi A1.

sauudmir

Jul 22, 2009
London
I don't know, but I tried literally everything; enabling unrestricted background access, disable battery optimization settings, turning off do-not-disturb, resetting notification settings .. but nevertheless. I have a Xiaomi Mi A1.
maybe try reflashing from scratch, I don't see any other option for you

Reactions: Mozie

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe try reflashing from scratch, I don't see any other option for you