When Android 10 custom rom will landed on Mix 3 ?

Search This thread

I'm-Swiftie1989

Oct 20, 2014
Anyone working on it ? I'm happy to test it

Waiting so long since AOSP is officially announced, and seeing other phone like Mix 2/2s Mi8 already got a custom rom made me sad

Rockmadeofrock

Apr 14, 2016
Xiaomi released a timeline for MIUI 11 beta and global ROMs which can be found here.
TLDR; The Chinese beta ROM should be rolling out to the Mix 3 starting Sept 27th. The global ROM should be rolling out mid-October.

Last edited:

I'm-Swiftie1989

Oct 20, 2014
Xiaomi released a timeline for MIUI 11 beta and global ROMs (pretty sure this is based on Android 10) which can be found here.
TLDR; The Chinese beta ROM should be rolling out to the Mix 3 starting Sept 27th. The global ROM should be rolling out mid-October.

tested already

its base on Android 9

Attachments

• DSC045712222.jpg
    DSC045712222.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 761

Rockmadeofrock

Apr 14, 2016
So..if our device has been confirmed to get Android 10, and MIUI 11 will still stick to Pie...when we will get it? When Android 11 will be avaible? Just saying..

MIUI's naming convention doesn't necessarily align with Android's. Hence why some devices running MIUI 11 are based off Pie while others are based off Android 10. Xiaomi will probably update MIUI 11 to Android 10 in future updates for the devices which aren't already.

Reactions: Giuskiller

Giuskiller

Jun 22, 2014
Caivano (NA)
MIUI's naming convention doesn't necessarily align with Android's. Hence why some devices running MIUI 11 are based off Pie while others are based off Android 10. Xiaomi will probably update MIUI 11 to Android 10 in future updates for the devices which aren't already.

I knew about MIUI acting differently from EMUI. But not updating OS makes almost no sense, because Mix 3 is a device with one year of life. Should have priority in major updates or am i wrong? Anyway, i think it should get at least 2 majors when time will come. Thanks for the answer

samusamu2304

Oct 22, 2013
Did you wipe data before flashing it?, I flashed ir right away without knowing it was android 10 based and it is glitched as hell, with apps crashing and such.

Znuf

Jun 10, 2008
Sion
Dirty flash

All my stuff is working. No force close, but slow with multi-tasking. battery life is amazing

Bug I found :
assistant don't work with the ai button.
Loud speaker don't work

Rockmadeofrock

Apr 14, 2016
Did you wipe data before flashing it?, I flashed ir right away without knowing it was android 10 based and it is glitched as hell, with apps crashing and such.

I just updated from MIUI 10.3.2.0 global stable (android 9) to MIUI 11.1 Xiaomi.eu weekly beta (9.12.12 based on android 10) without any issues. I was rooted with TWRP installed on 10.3.2.0, here's what I did (this will wipe all your data so make backups beforehand):
  • Put Xiaomi.eu 9.12.12 on a USB-C flash drive (not necessary but a little easier than transferring it via cable)
  • Booted to TWRP
  • Wipe > Factory reset
  • Wipe > Format data (then typed 'yes' to confirm)
  • Wiped dalvik & cache
  • Went back to reboot options > booted to TWRP (recovery) again
  • Flashed 9.12.12 zip from flash drive
  • Wiped dalvik & cache
  • Booted to system. No app crashes or lag or anything

Also you can downgrade from the Xiaomi.eu android 10 ROMs. It's not super clear whether the Mix 3 has active anti-rollback or not (some sources say yes but plenty of people have been able to go back and forth without issue with an unlocked bootloader). I checked the ARB versions just to be safe and for 10.3.2.0 and 11.1 they are both 2 so there should be no issue downgrading with an unlocked bootloader.

PWn3R

Dec 10, 2010
Flagstaff
Devs are waiting for this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiao...e-poco-f1-mi-mix-2s-mi-mix-3-mi-8-series/amp/

It is release now so we can expect android 10 custom rom soon.

Unfortunately the kernel they are referencing has to be for the 5G Mix 3. The perseus still only has a pie branch. I know a lot of people have been working on this, myself included. I got something to compile the other night, however it does not boot. I know there are smarter people than me working on this and I know how long it took to build a tree (with full kernel source) for the LG G3 when I was working on that device.

Edit: so poking around for the first time not on my phone, I found this: https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/dipper-q-oss

That tree is now tagged like it's for many devices o_O - I think a n00b made that commit, cause that makes NO SENSE AT ALL.
Kernel: Xiaomi kernel changes for MI 8, MIX 2S, MI POCO F1, MI 8UD, M…

…IX 3, MI 8 Explorer Edition Android Q.

The Patch based on QualComm release TAG: LA.UM.8.3.r1-05800-sdm845.0
The kernel config file used are dipper_user_defconfig,polaris_user_defconfig,beryllium_user_defconfig,
equuleus_user_defconfig,perseus_user_defconfig and ursa_user_defconfig.

Change-Id: Iaf4d5a3957eecd6ea182bdc4352c6343a13c0921
Signed-off-by: hehao <[email protected]>

I suppose it's possible /shrug.

Last edited:
Reactions: GVN.Gallus

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
Unfortunately the kernel they are referencing has to be for the 5G Mix 3. The perseus still only has a pie branch. I know a lot of people have been working on this, myself included. I got something to compile the other night, however it does not boot. I know there are smarter people than me working on this and I know how long it took to build a tree (with full kernel source) for the LG G3 when I was working on that device.

Edit: so poking around for the first time not on my phone, I found this: https://github.com/MiCode/Xiaomi_Kernel_OpenSource/tree/dipper-q-oss

That tree is now tagged like it's for many devices o_O - I think a n00b made that commit, cause that makes NO SENSE AT ALL.

The kernel config file used are dipper_user_defconfig,polaris_user_defconfig,beryllium_user_defconfig,

As a normal user, i can't understand what language you are speaking lol, just seen that post on xda news and i though that's a great news.

Great to know that there are devs still working on this phone!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its simple. First we will get MIUI 11 based on Pie, later we will get update to newer Android still with MIUI 11.
    Those devices (most of them) have Beta ROMs from Xiaomi with updated drivers. That's why they have full 10 ROMs.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 using Tapatalk
    People are working on it, be patient.
    So..if our device has been confirmed to get Android 10, and MIUI 11 will still stick to Pie...when we will get it? When Android 11 will be avaible? Just saying..

Devs are waiting for this:

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiao...e-poco-f1-mi-mix-2s-mi-mix-3-mi-8-series/amp/

It is release now so we can expect android 10 custom rom soon.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone