• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question When are Custom Roms available

Search This thread

Cati1

Nov 29, 2021
Hello first, I am new here.
I bought the smartphone Realme GT Neo 2 since 1 week. Now I wanted to ask when can we expect custom roms?:)

Reactions: KD6-3.7
See, We got our kernel sources on November 2 if i am not mistaken.

Now our development team is only waiting for the bootloader to get unlocked [ realme is delaying it].

Once we can unlock our bl, things will be pretty easy and you can expect custom support pretty soon.

Join the official telegram channel of the group to know more. ;)

Cati1

Nov 29, 2021
Sorry for asking so stupid?
Is the kernel and the bootloader separate.
What I wonder is how does that work?
Where does the team get the kernel and drivers?
And how does the team unlock the bootloader?

Yep, kernel and bootloader are different.

The kernel is the main stuff in a device. It is a bridge between the hardware and the software. Basically we can control the hardware of a device using software through kernel.

Kernel is released by the device manufacturer [realme github page].

here is a simple image showing how kernel works:

kernel-android.png

bootloader is hmm, let me attach result from web heh -

Rich (BB code):
In the simplest terms, a bootloader is a piece of software that runs every time your phone starts up. It tells the phone what programs to load in order to make your phone run. The bootloader starts up the Android operating system when you turn on the phone. This is a pretty important job, so it’s very important that nothing goes wrong with it.

unlocking it allows the user to flash different roms onto the device.

realme github official page -
and our device, that is, gt neo 2 kernel [basically just a repository under realme ] - https://github.com/realme-kernel-opensource/realmeGT_Neo2_AndroidR-kernel-source

But the bootloder does not unlock realme or on github?
There is an app called- deep test apk . It is provided by realme. By installing it we can check if our device is capable of unlocking bootloader or not.

The company has to allow the device to be able to unlock its bootloader , which realme is not allowing as of yet.
We dont know why they are doing it and have asked them end number of times in twitter as to when they will allow for us to unlock, but they said we should wait as they dont have much information regarding it.

Cati1

Nov 29, 2021
And only then can the Lineage Os team program their system so that it runs for the Smartpohne without problems.
The drivers have been programmed in the C programming language.
But can not the drivers themselves programming halt with a programming of Xda forum. there you can but that directly from Qualcomm herbekommen since the SoC is from Qualcom.
With Mediathek SoC you can not program a Custom Rom.

• Sad
And only then can the Lineage Os team program their system so that it runs for the Smartpohne without problems.
But can not the drivers themselves programming halt with a programming of Xda forum. there you can but that directly from Qualcomm herbekommen since the SoC is from Qualcom.
i couldnt understand much of that part, but mdk based devices have customs roms now. ;)

Cati1

Nov 29, 2021
I think they will release it when they release their own software for Android 12. Only then, or not at all.:)
Can you program in any language :)

Cati1

Nov 29, 2021
Yes you told me that.
What I meant was whether you as a person can actually program in any programming language. Can you code

• Wow

arcreactor81

Apr 2, 2021
See, We got our kernel sources on November 2 if i am not mistaken.

Now our development team is only waiting for the bootloader to get unlocked [ realme is delaying it].

Once we can unlock our bl, things will be pretty easy and you can expect custom support pretty soon.

Join the official telegram channel of the group to know more. ;)
Could you share the link for the group?

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
[Mod Announcement] Friendly reminder on our stance related to Telegram links as outlined in our [INFO] Guide to OnePlus Device Forums (Please Read before Posting):
We only allow one Telegram link on a development thread by the ROM's developer and only if thorough support is still provided in the ROM thread on XDA.

Oh and the keto spam has been addressed. We're working hard to fight this; thank you for bearing with us. Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to discuss any of the above (or just anything really).

Stay safe y'all!
Timmy

Reactions: Oswald Boelcke
[Mod Announcement] Friendly reminder on our stance related to Telegram links as outlined in our [INFO] Guide to OnePlus Device Forums (Please Read before Posting):

Oh and the keto spam has been addressed. We're working hard to fight this; thank you for bearing with us. Feel free to drop me a line if you'd like to discuss any of the above (or just anything really).

Stay safe y'all!
Timmy
Oh ok. So is it ok if i share the link in personal conversations? Or is it restricted there too?

Timmmmaaahh!

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Sep 11, 2012
Bruges
OnePlus One
OnePlus 6T
Oh ok. So is it ok if i share the link in personal conversations? Or is it restricted there too?
You don't think we are able to read along in private conversations, do you? That would be madness! The only PMs that are displayed to our team are those that are being reported (in order to fight PM spam and such) and those are only for Senior Moderators and above. So please feel free to share anything you like via PM.

You don't think we are able to read along in private conversations, do you? That would be madness! The only PMs that are displayed to our team are those that are being reported (in order to fight PM spam and such) and those are only for Senior Moderators and above. So please feel free to share anything you like via PM.
Thank you signor. :)

Reactions: Timmmmaaahh!
Hi , I'm a Mediatek custom rom developer, booted custom rom on various mediatek devices, so stop speaking nonsense. thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello first, I am new here.
    I bought the smartphone Realme GT Neo 2 since 1 week. Now I wanted to ask when can we expect custom roms?:)
    But the bootloder does not unlock realme or on github?
    Thank you signor. :)