• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question When to Buy

Historically, is it cheaper to preorder/buy at launch or wait until Black Friday for Pixels?

• Preorder/Buy at launch

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Black Friday

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9
I have a feeling this will go out of stock quickly. I'd say decide from now which one you want and the second the pre-order is live, jump on it. Every phone launch I've hesitated with has lead to me waiting weeks after the first ones are delivered before I get mine

bobby janow

Jun 15, 2010
The question being is it cheaper to buy at launch or on BF? No doubt on BF and with carrier deals you might get it half price or buy one get one free. But, as noted above, you will wait. Last year the P5 was half price with any qualified trade-in at Verizon on BF. We got one for $400 with the P4 trade.

Reactions: mruno

cyberdionisio

May 7, 2013
Bariloche
Google Pixel 6
I really don't care and can't wait. I pre ordered yesterday. I can't stand my S20FE any more (Exynos). When the Kinda Coral arrives, I'll pass the Samsung to my wife, who still have a S8+ with a broken screen....

el56

I have a feeling that in fall/winter 2021 all sorts of things are going to be in short supply. Pictures are all over the news about container ships stuck in LA harbor waiting for a chance to unload. Some are advising to buy Xmas stuff early rather than wait for Black Friday to ensure there's stock in what you want. So I oredered my P6 as soon as I know this is what I wanted.
If Google sells out its first run quickly, will it be able to get the components needed to do future batches easily? Even new car sales are being impacted by availability of components. I just didn't want to risk waiting till Black Friday to go phone shopping, only to find out that the only things left in stock are TCLs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The question being is it cheaper to buy at launch or on BF? No doubt on BF and with carrier deals you might get it half price or buy one get one free. But, as noted above, you will wait. Last year the P5 was half price with any qualified trade-in at Verizon on BF. We got one for $400 with the P4 trade.
    I just pre ordered the pixel6 for my wife as she's due an upgrade. I'm sooooo jealous :) I need to wait for another 6 month... :(