When will Google start posting the factory images?

Search This thread

SexySOnic23

Apr 15, 2011
Yes, I do, too. But I roughed it out setting up the phone without it. Most of my apps had data in the cloud or their own backup file. I transferred other files manually. I'll root, but I don't need to setup my phone twice because I unlocked the bootloader first.

No I totally get it, I exaggerated a little. I'm just being a little whiny, I know I won't have to do a full setup. I've been rooting my phone for ten years, I'm just annoyed that I'm being held up by Google's lack of transparency kind of

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Yeah I hear ya,,,I too am a little annoyed that the images are not out yet and if you go by what Google has done in the past the first Monday of Sept is the 7th when it will possibly get released. Seems pretty long for a Pixel device.

No I totally get it, I exaggerated a little. I'm just being a little whiny, I know I won't have to do a full setup. I've been rooting my phone for ten years, I'm just annoyed that I'm being held up by Google's lack of transparency kind of

digger16309

Yeah I hear ya,,,I too am a little annoyed that the images are not out yet and if you go by what Google has done in the past the first Monday of Sept is the 7th when it will possibly get released. Seems pretty long for a Pixel device.

We could be lucky in that someone may do a ROM dump and get us to root faster.

I looked up the instructions and it's fairly involved. I was thinking of trying it but not sure I have the skill to not screw it up.

Reactions: SexySOnic23

PhobiaSoft

Aug 6, 2015
www.youtube.com
I'm in the same boat. My device actually arrived on the 19th and I feel a bit guilty for getting it a little early and not being deep enough into Android development to do much of anything at this stage.

TheSayaMan

Sep 12, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
OnePlus 11
We could be lucky in that someone may do a ROM dump and get us to root faster.

I looked up the instructions and it's fairly involved. I was thinking of trying it but not sure I have the skill to not screw it up.

I've always thought that you need root to do that because you need root to have access to system files which includes system.img, boot.img, etc.

SexySOnic23

Apr 15, 2011
I've always thought that you need root to do that because you need root to have access to system files which includes system.img, boot.img, etc.

Same, I'm kind of handy with a terminal so I'm willing to try if someone has a good tutorial. I've been searching, but everything that looks credible seems like it requires su

Also it's been a few days, so I'm sure people smarter than me would have done it (if it can be done)

Last edited:

Zlatty

Same, I'm kind of handy with a terminal so I'm willing to try if someone has a good tutorial. I've been searching, but everything that looks credible seems like it requires su

Also it's been a few days, so I'm sure people smarter than me would have done it (if it can be done)

I'm surprised that there is not a working Magisk by now. I miss ad away and tethering so much.

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I am pretty sure unless we have the system images not much if anything can be done by way of rom making until the factory images are released, unfortunately.

I can confirm, images are available now!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200824-105142.png
    Screenshot_20200824-105142.png
    224.7 KB · Views: 164
I was able to enroll in the beta a little while ago, as well. No OTA ready yet.
Both the factory image and full OTA image are available.

I understand OTA is over the air, but how does the OTA differ from the factory image? OTA I would image would be more like to rolling releases. Factory image obviously comes on the phone from the factory, where OTA are pushed, right? More up to date for OTA? But in this case, I believe both are the same for August 2020 and Android 10. Please help me understand ?

HolyAngel

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Both the factory image and full OTA image are available.

I understand OTA is over the air, but how does the OTA differ from the factory image? OTA I would image would be more like to rolling releases. Factory image obviously comes on the phone from the factory, where OTA are pushed, right? More up to date for OTA? But in this case, I believe both are the same for August 2020 and Android 10. Please help me understand ?

The ota is a smaller zip and meant to be sideloaded. does not contain all the partitions that the full factory image does.

Reactions: xxTECRAxx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And 10 source is out finally.

Still waiting on the kernel manifest to get updated, but I'm at least able to start working on a kernel now.
    Goodies incoming within the next couple days..
    i started tweeting at @madebygoogle & @googledevs asking them to upload factory images & kernel source lol maybe itll get someones attention but not counting on it
    Amazing! Magisk works great, but now I need to deal with ctsProfile false :crying:...

1. Enable Magisk Hide
    2. Install MagiskHide Props Config
    3. In a terminal emulator, run props and select Force BASIC key attestation
    4. Use the default settings and say yes to restart
    reached out to google support team after making a fuss & finally got a pretty good answer...

In regards to Factory image availability on our developer page, the image would be updated post security patch of Sept. As it's a new device we are shipping the devices with August update, once the device specific builds are released it will reflect on Developer images.
    The factory images are up now.