Question When will Red Magic 6 get Android 12 update

Search This thread

rere24110

Feb 24, 2011
After some research, i just find the CN updates ( can install over EU rom in my case, just have to select the update file manually ) with android 12 for the Red Magic 6 / 6 Pro on https://ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/68 , just selected the last one, installed it without problem from V328, english / french supported after install

Hope it can help some of you !

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french

Hi!

Thank you for your help, but I have already tried the Chinese version and since it disables NFC, paypass does not work. The google applications didn't always work either, installed afterwards, etc...:/ I would like to somehow get the UNCommon_V6.10 version... whoever gets it via OTA next time, could save the update file before installation! :)

rookf15

Oct 2, 2022
Guys,I got the update like a week ago and I really do not recommend upgrading yet.
I have faced so many issues with it.
Firstly, the network connection is so laggy after the update especially on 5G Networks.
Secondly, the game space is always on. Whenever u open a game it's on and u can't trun it off... The button is for no use now and I really hate it .. sometimes I don't need these extra settings for gaming and I can't control it now.
In addition, I had an issue with Bluetooth audio output, when I play some videos on YouTube even though I had turned Bluetooth off and disconnected from my earphone ..the sound gets directed to Bluetooth. at first I thought I had low volume but when I tried raising it up I saw the Bluetooth icon on the sound bar.
Also the gallery got missed up and now All the videos are at the top and photos are down at the bottom, so they aren't arranged from the newest to oldest.. even though I selected the option to sort by new.
Also I noticed that the device isn't as smooth as it was in some areas.. even though I did a complete factory reset twice after the update.
edit: also the new UI for game space is so complicated and the things are not easily accessible as they used to be.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-02-04-03-25-743.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-02-04-03-25-743.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 86
Hi!
How did you get the update? Did you write to support, or did it just arrive on OTA? I would try it because I liked the CN android 12 rom, I switched back to global because of the lack of NFC. :) By the way, if there are so many errors in it, you can go back to the older version with Mitool. :)

NeoHassan

Oct 3, 2022
Hi!
How did you get the update? Did you write to support, or did it just arrive on OTA? I would try it because I liked the CN android 12 rom, I switched back to global because of the lack of NFC. :) By the way, if there are so many errors in it, you can go back to the older version with Mitool. :)
I'm using a Global device, want to switch to CN, not sure if I can switch back to Global.

Last edited:

NeoHassan

Oct 3, 2022
After some research, i just find the CN updates ( can install over EU rom in my case, just have to select the update file manually ) with android 12 for the Red Magic 6 / 6 Pro on https://ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/68 , just selected the last one, installed it without problem from V328, english / french supported after install

Hope it can help some of you !

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french
I'm using a Global device, want to switch to CN, not sure if I can switch back to Global.

You can switch back. I tried it, it worked for me like this:
1. https://xdaforums.com/t/rm6-6pro-unbrick-tool-edl-flash-switch-from-cn-to-eu.4284797/
2. You download the latest ROM from the official website and update it manually

/For some reason it kept restarting from EDL mode after I installed Chinese android 12. That's why I made an EDL cable from a simple usb cable, it worked. It is easy to make, you have to disassemble the cable cover and touch the data+ and GND cables to each other and thus plug the usb cable into the switched off phone, then after a few seconds separate the data+ and GND cables from each other. This will automatically switch the phone to EDL mode./

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will never buy a Nubia phone again!!!
    I have the redmagic 6s pro...problem with signal...and software it's full of bugs!.
    And no updates...
    I wouldn't be surprised if it never gets it lol. They have moved on to the Red Magic 7 now so just like with what happened to the 5, the 6 is just gonna be a forgotten old relic now in the eyes of Nubia.
    Nhiều hãng điện thoại có chương trình beta cho Android 12 nhưng không có dấu hiệu nào cho thấy Red Magic 6 beta
    If you live in China or have a Red Magic 6 (With the Chinese version of the rom), it'll be soon but unsure when it will arrive. Usually you can go to Nubia's main site and they will upload beta roms for Chinese users.

As for North Americans, the Red Magic 6 will NOT be getting Android 12 (at least for North American phones). Nubia has a history of not having any development support for U.S. based phones which is sad. Don't be expecting Nubia to release an OS version upgrade for the Red Magic 6 anytime soon.

If I were you, I'd sell it and go for a OnePlus, Google, or Samsung branded Android phone. At least they support U.S. users.