• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question When will we get december update?

Search This thread

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
When will we get the december update. In europe even fingerprint is not updated yet. Is there a date google usualy release the updates. I thought it is the 5th!?
Traditionally Google releases its monthly Android update for still-supported Pixels on the first Monday of each month, with the only exceptions being when that Monday happens to be a holiday in the US.

Texan1

I'm in Aus...how many hours til we expect to see something come through?

I've giving my 6 Pro a chance to improve after this update but if it doesn't will seriously consider returning (worse 5G reception, wifi and bluetooth than my Oppo Find X2 Pro).

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Less than 24 hours from now. You might have to manually download it and apply the OTA yourself to get it that fast, but we'll see. No idea if or how much of a delay it would be before you would actually get it over the air.

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies

I've giving my 6 Pro a chance to improve after this update but if it doesn't will seriously consider returning (worse 5G reception, wifi and bluetooth than my Oppo Find X2 Pro).
I've found that it's usually about 10am Pacific Time (California).
Edit: Reddit seems to think that it's more around noon PT. Now that I think about it, that sounds about right. I seem to get the update during a busier time at work rendering my device somewhat temporarily neutered until it's done updating.

Last edited:

numbnutsuk

Mar 30, 2012
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Crappy old 1st Gen Samsung modem there using that is why. 5g download freeze is a nightmare and yes signal on wi-fi and mobile a lot weaker

Izy

Crappy old 1st Gen Samsung modem there using that is why. 5g download freeze is a nightmare and yes signal on wi-fi and mobile a lot weaker
"until you realise the exynos 1st gen modem is actually more capable than the same years snapdragon modem"

Which is literally just a year ago

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Why not use the 2nd gen Sammy modern?
Maybe Samsung refused to sell it for Google's use in the Pixel. Maybe they would've charged too much and Google would've had to charge hundreds of dollars more. I have long suspected that Samsung has certain stipulations about Google's devices so that they're not too competitive except where it counts (to me), the software. We'll probably never know why.

Izy

Why not use the 2nd gen Sammy modern?
probably supply issues , its also an external modem
chip shortage is real also the tensor is newer than the exynos used in the s20 ultra but also customised for google
the gpu is faster but obviously some things lacking and i dont think samsung would have been able to supply their current flagchips components alongside the google launch which had stock issues of its own

that said the price range for this phone is insanely low compared to others so some cut corners are fine

for me i dont even get to enjoy 5G in 90% of the situations im in due to slow rollout

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

LLStarks

Jun 1, 2012
There is no 2nd gen modem unless Samsung wants to surprise everyone.

All rumors point to an on-die modem, likely a 5123c instead of anything new.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Just checked, the update has not posted yet. It is due today as the 1st Monday of the month, but is occasionally a few days late.

Remember, if you are rooted, DO NOT take the OTA.
Well, according to the man above, the update usually drops at 10 AM PST. That's still 15 minutes away.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Gone past that time tik tok , only reason you buy this phone is for the camera, software and UPDATES 🤠
The update was released the minute you made your comment, lol. At least that's the timestamp of 9to5.

Top Liked Posts