Where are the Android 9 ROMs at?

Search This thread

Cpt. Strawberry Crepe

Mar 11, 2018
Seriously. ROMs used to be available on the Nexus withint 3-4 days. Now we got treble(have ported the image from a Pixel as well) and yet there are NO custom Android 9 ROMs. It's hit AOSP for 5 days already.

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
Seriously. ROMs used to be available on the Nexus withint 3-4 days. Now we got treble(have ported the image from a Pixel as well) and yet there are NO custom Android 9 ROMs. It's hit AOSP for 5 days already.

Maybe not many devs for Oneplus devices compared to nexus i guess. Aosp builds hit nexus devices within few hours those days. Suprised to see completely working Pie build already for Xiaomi note 4 though.

freyrnygaard

May 23, 2017

vekenti

Jan 16, 2015
Google Pixel 4a
I refuse to use mokee to get proper treble support. For two reasons. One, OnePlus needs to implement it properly so that drivers are stable and etc. Two, Mokee has a terrible kernel which results in terrible SoT.

There are custom kernels to flash. With custom kernel it's actually pretty efficient. Getting same SOT and idle time as I wad getting in 8. 1 custom roms.

unrealmac

Oct 12, 2014
Our prayers have been answered. And the best part is that the rom is not featureshitbuggybloated, it is pure AOSP!

True! But atm the new gesture navigation and NFC isn't working yet and those 2 things are mandatory for me before I start flashing :(

2 short questions:
1. Is treble needed for the AOSP Rom?
2. Can I root my 5t without loosing my data and keeping my bootloader?

Reactions: Xokoz

Aswin08

Dec 31, 2012
True! But atm the new gesture navigation and NFC isn't working yet and those 2 things are mandatory for me before I start flashing :(

2 short questions:

1. No.
2. No. Unlocking bootloader will erase your data.

Reactions: unrealmac

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it is best to wait for official Pie from OnePlus and official kernel source for Pie
    the hard work will be on them this way
    developers will work hard to get a stable Pie port then all this work will go away when official Pie is available as it will be a btter base
    I must admit that I am generally a bit disappointed in the ROM situation with the 5t.

I always thought that Oneplus phones were among the most hacked ones out there and I expected A LOT more than what there is...
    I'm just surprised the OnePlus 3/3T got Android 9 before we did (considering it's an older phone and all)
    We have, and working fine. Using it as my daily driver since 2 weeks.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...ment/rom-android-p-developer-preview-t3816659

Well, its not built from AOSP I guess. Its just a system image from different pie device ported. So cannot be optimised and have bugs.
    Our prayers have been answered. And the best part is that the rom is not featureshitbuggybloated, it is pure AOSP!

2 short questions:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone