• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Where are the battery troubles in the LTE models coming from

Search This thread

user822

Apr 6, 2013
There seems to be some sort of consensus that the LTE versions of the watch have more battery trouble
Has anyone actually given it some thought as to why?

When LTE is off it should not make a difference, but it does seem to exist.

Is the emergency service always connected, is there a bug where the modem drains power even when it should be off?

Curious to hear what you think

MilgeS

May 13, 2013
Smart Watches
Android Wear
There seems to be some sort of consensus that the LTE versions of the watch have more battery trouble

Is the emergency service always connected, is there a bug where the modem drains power even when it should be off?

I have discovered my mistake was thinking that I needed to have the LTE button in the quick menu lit up blue to work away from the watch, my battery life has improved since I discovered it doesn't need to be lit up blue as that is permanently "on", by having the button grey it's on "auto"

Reactions: galaxys

XorZone

Jan 19, 2009
Walnut Creek, CA
I have discovered my mistake was thinking that I needed to have the LTE button in the quick menu lit up blue to work away from the watch, my battery life has improved since I discovered it doesn't need to be lit up blue as that is permanently "on", by having the button grey it's on "auto"
What is "LTE button in the quick menu"?
I only see Mobile Data. Afair there was mobile network button in the Tizen, but I do not see it in the GW4

I got mine the other day replacing my 1st gen galaxy watch. I set it up in the same way as my old watch and was amazed to see the battery drop 10% in one hour, since then I have made one change... I disabled the option for the screen to come on via gesture, settling for a tap if the screen... I took it off charge this morning at 5:30am and it is now 21:21BST... It has 58% remaining... a significant improvement over day 1

efrank99

Feb 15, 2021
I have the same problem with LTE. Whenever I use "auto" for LTE settings, the watch would keep trying to find signal and that would drain the battery. Which is insane, especially because: 1) the phone is always nearby, bluetooth connected 2) i haven't set up any carrier yet!

donjamal

Jan 25, 2010
OnePlus 7T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I have the network connection on. For me, i have a good 2 days of battery life. Compared to my previous WearOS watches, it's excellent...
Screenshot_20210926-093706.png

stickydonkey

Nov 28, 2007
Far far away...
Did some testing and disabled everything (HR, Stress, Exercise detection, notifications, LTE/Mobile data, Wifi, NFC) all that was left on was the BT connection and I was still getting about 8% per Hour drain (12 hr 30 min life). Disabled BT and enabled Wifi for connection and drain now at 3.6% /H. (Stats as per Battery and Charge Monitor for Wear OS). So it doesnt appear to be a drain from any of the health monitoring or notifications etc, but possibly from the OS, which hopefully Google/Samsung will resolve/improve with updates.

stickydonkey

Nov 28, 2007
Far far away...
Did some testing and disabled everything (HR, Stress, Exercise detection, notifications, LTE/Mobile data, Wifi, NFC) all that was left on was the BT connection and I was still getting about 8% per Hour drain (12 hr 30 min life). Disabled BT and enabled Wifi for connection and drain now at 3.6% /H. (Stats as per Battery and Charge Monitor for Wear OS). So it doesnt appear to be a drain from any of the health monitoring or notifications etc, but possibly from the OS, which hopefully Google/Samsung will resolve/improve with updates.
There was a Health Services update yesterday and since then, my watch battery lasts WAY better. at 17hrs 33min i still have 64% left and i had re-enabled everything again as it should be. Continuous monitoring, sleep with SPO2, location, LTE, etc.

Reactions: MilgeS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There was a Health Services update yesterday and since then, my watch battery lasts WAY better. at 17hrs 33min i still have 64% left and i had re-enabled everything again as it should be. Continuous monitoring, sleep with SPO2, location, LTE, etc.