• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Where does Oneplus provide the Stock ROMs for Nord CE?

Search This thread

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Ok, thanks.

I guess this is the official place, right?

but the Nord CE isn't there yet. I really hope it only takes "a day or two" like you mentioned, I don't have much use for the phone before I can restore my Titanium Backup on it, and for that I need root, and for that I need Magisk, and for that I need the stock ROM download :)

Apr 19, 2018
Hey! Congrats on the new device! I bought it too!
https://www.oneplus.in/support/softwareupgrade
This is the official oneplus link to download software but for some reason the nord CE isn't listed on there. I wanted the latest update too because there were some bugs in my device which were installation errors mostly. They were fixed with the OTA released a few days ago. My advice is stick around and post on the oneplus community forums since it's much more device-centric.
Thanks
lunatic

MightyAnky

Apr 6, 2013
I got this update today and installed.
After rebooting oneplus launcher is crashing and not opening.
I cleared catches and data for the application but issue not resolved.

Anyone else getting same issue
Yes. Same issue. Had to download Nova launcher for a workaround, until they sort it out. I wonder if this is the quality software integration with OPPO they were talking about!

Reactions: anil2653

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Ok I got offered the upgrade today, so this is what we have so far, for OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Oxygen 11.0.5.5

Link from post above, labeled as "India": https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/package/859261842665e42a5faed2f53b225362bb7cce85.zip

Offered to me in Portugal: https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/package/00582185175f63a9ff947b637d9a4a38c21a5c2b.zip
(OnePlusNordCEOxygen_16.E.05_GLO_0050_2106300043)

Method to retrieve URL: I used Method 2 from https://ihax.io/capture-ota-update-...ture_OTA_Update_URL_using_Mobile_No_PC_Needed

Does anyone know how to use this in order to patch it with Magisk so the phone gets rooted?

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
Ok I got offered the upgrade today, so this is what we have so far, for OnePlus Nord CE 5G, Oxygen 11.0.5.5

Link from post above, labeled as "India": https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/package/859261842665e42a5faed2f53b225362bb7cce85.zip

Offered to me in Portugal: https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota-api/package/00582185175f63a9ff947b637d9a4a38c21a5c2b.zip
(OnePlusNordCEOxygen_16.E.05_GLO_0050_2106300043)

Method to retrieve URL: I used Method 2 from https://ihax.io/capture-ota-update-...ture_OTA_Update_URL_using_Mobile_No_PC_Needed

Does anyone know how to use this in order to patch it with Magisk so the phone gets rooted?
The method for OnePlus 8T here should work for Nord CE 5G:

Reactions: pgorod

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Damn, my package is only 146MB, so I guess it can't be a full package, it's just an incremental update... so I can't use for patching Magisk...

I'm angry at OnePlus for not releasing the Nord CE 5G Stock ROMs, why do they have to make this more difficult than it already is?

I literally only switched from Samsung to OnePlus because it was supposed to be more root-friendly...

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
Damn, my package is only 146MB, so I guess it can't be a full package, it's just an incremental update... so I can't use for patching Magisk...

I'm angry at OnePlus for not releasing the Nord CE 5G Stock ROMs, why do they have to make this more difficult than it already is?

I literally only switched from Samsung to OnePlus because it was supposed to be more root-friendly...
The Oxygen Updater app has the option to download full OTA.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-100246.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-100246.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 96

pgorod

Dec 19, 2012
Hooray 🎉 !

I just successfully rooted my OnePlus Nord CE 5G!

I used the method that @sanangel recommended above.

Essentially it involves:
- an unlocked bootloader (I had done that on the first day I received the phone, to avoid losing data later)
- getting a full OTA package (I got this using Oxygen Updater app recommended above)
- use Payload Dumper python script to unpack that
- move boot.img to the phone and use Magisk Manager app to patch it there
- move the patched boot.img back to PC and use fastboot to boot from it
- inside that temporary boot, use Magisk to execute a direct install

Thanks to all for their help!

sanangel

Jul 12, 2014
Burgos
Hooray 🎉 !

Essentially it involves:
- an unlocked bootloader (I had done that on the first day I received the phone, to avoid losing data later)
- getting a full OTA package (I got this using Oxygen Updater app recommended above)

I'm glad to read that everything went well.

Reactions: Sony make.belive

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

pretty much what the title says - I need to download the stock ROM for my new OnePlus Nord CE 5G, so I can patch it with Magisk, I went looking for it and couldn't find it.

Does anyone know where it is made available by OnePlus?

Thanks!
    Hooray 🎉 !

Essentially it involves:

Thanks, I didn't know about that app! Cool.

Downloading 2.72 GB now...

Tip for anybody not familiar with the app: you have to go into Settings, turn on Advanced Mode, to get it to allow you to download a full update even if your phone is already up to date.
    welp the day or two wasnt meant literally
    it might take a long time lmao

and yes that looks like the official