Question Where does this hate come from - Pixel 6 Pro?

Search This thread

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
No i dont. if you dont want a curved screen, dont buy a phone that was clearly advertised as a curved screen then moan that, you know,... it has a curved screen.

Buy something else. The standard pixel 6 for example which doesnt have one.

Youre entitled to complain about things just as im entitled to call the complaints ridiculous if they are.
But the Pixel 6 doesnt have the same camera array which, for me at least was the reason why i bought the Pro. Had the 6 had the same camera array i'd have just bought that, the curved screen is utterly pointless other than it is atheistically pleasing to some people.

Reactions: yyz71 and dimm0k

skimminstones

Feb 7, 2010
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
But the Pixel 6 doesnt have the same camera array which, for me at least was the reason why i bought the Pro. Had the 6 had the same camera array i'd have just bought that, the curved screen is utterly pointless other than it is atheistically pleasing to some people.
missing the point. I said the pixel 6 as an example. The person i quoted was complaining about curved screens. I said if you know you hate curved screens beforehand then dont buy a phone with a curved screen and complain about it. its not that hard really. Just buy something different or keep the phone you currently have until something else comes out you think is right for you.

There could be things that can be rightly complained about with this phone but not liking a curved screen when it was known about prior to purchase is not one of them.

MrBelter

Apr 10, 2011
missing the point. I said the pixel 6 as an example. The person i quoted was complaining about curved screens. I said if you know you hate curved screens beforehand then dont buy a phone with a curved screen and complain about it. its not that hard really. Just buy something different or keep the phone you currently have until something else comes out you think is right for you.

There could be things that can be rightly complained about with this phone but not liking a curved screen when it was known about prior to purchase is not one of them.
Saying don't moan about known things is fair enough if you have another option that is an equal to what you want, in this case there isn't.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is there app like one handed for non Samsung phones?
I've never needed to use one-handed mode on any phone, so I don't know from experience, but do these built-in options in the P6P help?

1636385441060.png

Reactions: EeZeEpEe

EeZeEpEe

Aug 13, 2010
Tampa, FL
www.twitter.com
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've never needed to use one-handed mode on any phone, so I don't know from experience, but do these built-in options in the P6P help?

View attachment 5452759
I like it. Started using it for practice on my 4 XL with 12 Beta. Definitely very helpful. I do the bottom edge gesture for the screen reach and I have the back tap for the notifications.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

manners400

Jun 27, 2012
The reality is everyone won't ever be happy, hell there are still people who complain about no expansible storage each year as if that will ever be available as an option from a company specializing in cloud storage.... I overall think the phone is Great yet not without some faults like many others phones. The hate just may be a sign of progress, many hate Apple yet they embraced the hate & keep on doing what they do.

solarus2011

Jan 9, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If I had posted this a week or two ago I would have said battery life was not good on my Pro, but it's called Adaptive Battery for reason. It's fine now. The screen curve...I went to an AT&T store after I pre-ordered to make sure I wanted to keep my pre order.. camera is great as expected. The guy on the first screen about the three different types of posters said it best.

The number of negative posts I see on Reddit are probably directly proportional to the number of people you have apps that haven't been updated in 2-3 years or are rooted and have stuff going on that haven't quite caught up to Android 12.

Teio

Sep 27, 2009
London
When people complain about the curved screen, I imagine them opening the box and going: "Holy sh*t! This motherf*cker has a curved screen! What a terrible surprise!"

90% of the complains are not about problems or bugs, but about 'features' that they don't like, but knew they were there, yet they still bought the phone.

It's like buying shoes with the colour you hate the most, then complaining that it looks horrible.

I for one, prefer flat screens, but don't hate curved screens enough to stop me from buying the Pixel. You won't see me complaining about it.

Superxdaer

Nov 12, 2013
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 6
warning... this is super petty

but just to complete my original thought about random hate in the Android world...

no premium Android watch is a rectangle. why??? all circles. circles are stupid for this kind of thing.

Attachments

• tqzylezdtd181.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23

somethingsomethingroot

Nov 8, 2013
Google promised a premium experience, and I imagine that sort of thing heightens expectations.

My biggest complaint is 5G, both signal and battery life, in comparison to my wife's iPhone 13. We're on the same provider, but LTE pops up on my screen much more than it does on her's. And the battery drains so much quicker that I just stick to 4G.

My FPS works fine (if a bit slower than my Pixel XL), but the input process was indeed finicky and worth some of the consternation. If it's not outright bad, it's at least inconsistent judging by the amount of complaints and the fix methods.

And as others stated, I'd prefer the flat screen style of the regular 6. Not enough to give up the other benefits of the Pro, but it's a lament.

Other than that, I've mostly been enjoying the phone. The update and charging debacles would be legit gripes, but didn't bother me as I update manually and prefer the slower charge for battery preservation.

It's still the best of my available options, as I prefer Android to iOS and like "stock + updates" better than the other Android flavors. Some people are trolling sure, but Google claimed they were stomping with the big dogs here. I should be allowed to say if there's a hitch in their step.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think we first have to differentiate a bit.

1. There are people here flaming or being negative, without ever having owned the device in the first place. Simply for the sake of being negative. The reasons for that... are multiple. Maybe they dont like the Pixels having good press, maybe they are lonely, maybe they are bored, maybe they are just as*h*les by nature. I do not know. Those criticisms you can ignore.

2. Then there are people that have certain fixed expectations from other phones that are of no significance in nature, take the guys as an example that flame the Pixel for having the power button on "the wrong side" - for them, it's a dealbreaker. But it is not. It's a design decision by a manufacturer and neither good or bad, it just "is". Personally for me, it's a) a good place, because it helps me shoot photos an b) doesn't bother me. So there are very subjective reasons that are void of reasoning or "depth" to the argument/flame, it's "muh don't like, because don't like". Those you can also ignore.

3. Then there are people who make application errors/ manual errors, like people that do not understand what adaptive charging means, or that have AOD enabled all day long and wonder that 10% of battery is lost overnight; or have a terrible 5G connection at the edge of town and do not understand that their phone is constantly trying to make connection, burning through the battery; or that have ****ty providers that do not enable 5G deactivation - that's not on Google, that's their carrier. Making the phone responsible because your contract partner is sh*t, is just, well, another point you can ignore.

4. Then there are people who compare apples to bananas - like the ones coming over from Samsung and OnePlus, expecting the exact same battery life - even though their phones are notorious app killers (https://dontkillmyapp.com/), and those phones don't run good 24/7 background stuff, like Now Playing - with a negliable battery drain. If the Pixel only has 5% less battery time, for those people, that's a massive "muh will send phone back" - those you can also ignore, because their expectations are simply unrealistic.

5. Then there are people that actually know their sh*t and try to compare features and problems of a phone on a balanced, reasonable basis - they try to compare things that can be compared with, try to find a middle ground amongst expectations, without sounding unreasonable - they try to balance their feedback by differentiating between personal/subjective "likings" and objective/ defacto pros'n'cons, those you should heed. The problem is: Those people are in the minority. So for you as a "bystander" you first have to sift through a hundred comments, until you can find the 10 or 15 decent ones that are actually helpful.
    I've been using my pixel 6 pro for a week now and I have to say it's great, despite the incomprehensible hate from people. So far I can't complain about anything, at first the battery was running average and now it's great, I don't know how it happened. My former Oneplus 9 is a complete wipeout in almost every category except for the fingerprint reader and faster charging. In my opinion it's also a little better than the iphone 13 which I had for 1.5 weeks, however the iPhone wins in the gaming performance category, because I really can't find a difference in the speed of these phones in normal use. It's true the iPhone is reliable, however a bit handicapped and definitely badly priced compared to the Pixel. This is where my question arises, where is the hate from the media and users coming from as if the Pixel 6 pro is a complete failure?
    I do prefer the fingerprint scanner on the back but they all seem to think in screen means premium, a backward move in my opinion
    yes, i agree with backwards name guy up there....

yes, people will complain, but also, also a lot complaints are valid IMO. Not all.
    my list:
    curved screen. yes, not so bad it is tolerable, but i hate curved screen period. There is absolutely no benefit to it. I don't understand why NO android phone makes will make non curved flagship phones anymore. Bunch of nonsense. Flat is best, always. you don't see iphone ever going curved right? Also, along these lines, why wont a single android phone be rectangular?? circle is super dumb, curved screen dumb. because its a watch?? its not a watch, its a mini phone. its a display on your hand that does smartphone stuff, rectangle is best, circle is stupid. would you want a circular phone?? no circles, no curves. please for the love of god.

fingerprint sensor. i did kind of like the pixel5 behind phone sensor, esp with smooth pull down tickling (naughty) features. but in screen is more convenient. and yes, it is slightly spazzy, so valid complaint there. no big deal, but valid.

it better be twrp-able soon. this is my complaint.

camera, crazy huge bump on the phone. totally valid complaint. if you dont mind, fine, but lets not act like this is some elegant design, lolll. I always say this, if we are going to have big ol battery bumps, why not just make the entire phone depth bigger, and have room for bigger battery, headphone jack, and whatever else you can shove into that space. but that's just me.
    You don;t get the curved screen complaint??? It's not that they are surprised by the curve screen, lolll. It's that the flagship offering is curved screen. We get it begrudgingly because it's the latest pixel phone.
    No i dont. if you dont want a curved screen, dont buy a phone that was clearly advertised as a curved screen then moan that, you know,... it has a curved screen.

Buy something else. The standard pixel 6 for example which doesnt have one.

Youre entitled to complain about things just as im entitled to call the complaints ridiculous if they are.