Question Where does this hate come from - Pixel 6 Pro?

Search This thread

wulfgarfang

Feb 15, 2014
Nice. I'm thinking of rooting any minute now. So no negative consequences? I know we're all waiting for TWRP, but googly pay, etc. (all the things we're not supposed to mention in the root thread) all that stuff is working?
was never a google pay user but for me as long as i can flash my monthly updates through adb im good. as far as negative consequences not a one. not even one random reboot. just waiting on custom roms now.

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
No one can please everyone. :) I'm happy with my P6P, especially the 512 GB part. If there was one thing it could have that it doesn't already is a flat screen, but I know there are at least a few people who like the curved screens. Just makes finding tempered glass screen protectors that work with the in-screen optical fingerprint reader rare or non-existent.
Not at all true. I've had curved edge screens with under display fingerprint readers for years. Never had a problem. Getting a glass screen protector that worked with the fingerprint sensor. It just takes a little longer for them to come out from the quality brands

GiggitySage

Nov 6, 2021
Had my Pixel 6 Pro for little over a week, and after a few small hiccups, everything is going fine. First mistake was transferring all data from my old OnePlus 8 Pro to my new Pixel, which caused random reboots & phone kinda felt sluggish at times, and battery def was not that great.
I factory reset my phone, did an OTA update (manually), then manually downloaded all apps & manually restored the database files for specific apps and since then, battery has been great, no reboots (still monitoring) and no other issues. And the way I see it, with all new early adopters, the kinks and bugs have to be ironed out.

Reactions: daniel2744

400ixl

Its the few who don't like it being vocal and the masses who do (or at least are not bothered) not making any noise. Not that they shouldn't have a say, just pointing out when people are usually more vocal.

Used both, prefer the under screen, although the OnePlus version is slightly better. One the back was always too awkward in some circumstances, especially as the phones got larger.

Reactions: 94b20gsr

Davey Dual Sim

Oct 4, 2017
You don;t get the curved screen complaint??? It's not that they are surprised by the curve screen, lolll. It's that the flagship offering is curved screen. We get it begrudgingly because it's the latest pixel phone.

I have no intention of defending billion dollar companies. The phone is fine, ok. But we're allowed to complain!! Frankly, pixel5 was overall better. that thing is beautiful. Flat screen, still fast as hell, good enough cameras. Bad storage, but also cheaper. I think if they just made the pixel5 bigger with the tensor chip and in screen fingerprint, everything else the same (more storage too), even the same p6pro price, and it would have been more perfect than what they did. Pixel5 is beautiful.
Pixel 5 was great for the market it was aimed at, as is the P6P. Thing is many people didn't like the 5 and it's easy to forget the drop off ed calls, poor reception and other issues, not to mention screens coming away. I liked it though. Lets not kid ourselves it's in the same league as the 6 though, it isn't.

Reactions: 94b20gsr

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Not at all true. I've had curved edge screens with under display fingerprint readers for years. Never had a problem. Getting a glass screen protector that worked with the fingerprint sensor. It just takes a little longer for them to come out from the quality brands
I disagree. When my wife and I bought the Pixel 1, good quality tempered glass screen protectors were available nearly from day one. When we bought the Note 10+ when it was half a year old, I couldn't find any good quality tempered glass screen protectors for the curved screen that worked with the in-screen fingerprint reader. There aren't any good quality tempered glass screen protectors for the P6P. Hence why I said "rare". Certainly rarer than those without a curved screen.

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I disagree. When my wife and I bought the Pixel 1, good quality tempered glass screen protectors were available nearly from day one. When we bought the Note 10+ when it was half a year old, I couldn't find any good quality tempered glass screen protectors for the curved screen that worked with the in-screen fingerprint reader. There aren't any good quality tempered glass screen protectors for the P6P. Hence why I said "rare". Certainly rarer than those without a curved screen.
Not sure what the pixel 1 has to do with it unless it was a curved screen, which I don't recall it being. The Note 10+ I have and there are a few good tempered glass where fingerprint works. Whitestone makes one. You're also comparing apples to oranges here as that is an ultrasonic fingerprint reader. It would be far more fair to compare to recent OnePlus phones and phones like the S8-S10 I believe that had optical scanners. Many of which I've had, and good glass protectors are always a few months after release, but they come. And they don't interfere with the fingerprint reader

Reactions: blackhawk

DinarQ8

Nov 23, 2010
Kuwait City
I would like to mention one thing which is the “curved screen” When you hear about the curved screen you will think of how curved the screen is? But when the phone fell into my hand, it was not the same curve you could worry about. It is very comfortable in my hand

Reactions: manners400

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Not sure what the pixel 1 has to do with it unless it was a curved screen, which I don't recall it being. The Note 10+ I have and there are a few good tempered glass where fingerprint works. Whitestone makes one. You're also comparing apples to oranges here as that is an ultrasonic fingerprint reader. It would be far more fair to compare to recent OnePlus phones and phones like the S8-S10 I believe that had optical scanners. Many of which I've had, and good glass protectors are always a few months after release, but they come. And they don't interfere with the fingerprint reader
It was a contrast of situations. No curved screen. No in-screen fingerprint reader. Quality tempered glass screen protectors at launch or within weeks. I'm not going to bother to argue with you.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I would like to mention one thing which is the “curved screen” When you hear about the curved screen you will think of how curved the screen is? But when the phone fell into my hand, it was not the same curve you could worry about. It is very comfortable in my hand
The curve doesn't effect viewing except for reflected glare. It does effect using the touch screen particularly cut/paste operations on the curve. With no or the wrong case unwanted touches are a potential issue. Bare phones tend to get broke, sooner or latter... and can be slippery fish.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211106-154636_DV Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211106-154636_DV Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 55

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It was a contrast of situations. No curved screen. No in-screen fingerprint reader. Quality tempered glass screen protectors at launch or within weeks. I'm not going to bother to argue with you.
Yes, flat screen devices typically have quality tempered glass protectors at launch. Curved screens do not. As I said, you're comparing apples to oranges. The fingerprint sensor has nothing to do with it.

ilmar72

Aug 30, 2009
Where do we begin?
First and foremost is the lack of face recognition.
2) horrible finger print sensor
3) subpar battery life
4) terrible wireless charging performance
5) glitchy. ( Numerous glitches) worse one I've had was the screen went completely black and I had to hold the buttons to force a reboot. Today I had to reboot because the keyboard stopped working
6) sub par soc chip
7) joke of a speakerphone. Crappy speakers
8 ) can't even answer a phone call because I can't unlock the phone in time. Fails as a phone

Only pros I can think of is the camera and the looks

ilmar72

Aug 30, 2009
Complainers complain, there is always something to nitpick. Didn`t used to be on XDA but some people changed. They are over entitled (Karens and Kenns) and have less to no boundries anymore.
There used to be a time that most Android flagship phones blew iPhone out of the water. Each year the Android phones would introduce new features.
Now iPhone blows the hardware of every Android out of the water. Then Google releases a phone with less features in it than a previous model( no face recognition)

Flippy125

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 14, 2010
Las Vegas
Google Pixel 6 Pro
My only non-Android 12 related complaint is the lack of a physical keyboard. The phone feels solid, performs just as well, if not better than my S21U, and the battery life has been 10/10.

I swear some of the early complaints coming up have been a smear campaign by Qualcomm or other phone manufacturers. Like who actually sits there with their phone turned off mashing the power button?

Reactions: galaxys

varcor

Jul 15, 2017
San Diego
Samsung Galaxy S10+
Mod Edit: Quote removed since post deleted.

xxxxxx [Mod Edit] But back on point the Pixel 6 Pro is a step above Google's earlier devices, not quite in the top tier of mobile phones but a good move forward. Smartphones are an insignificant slice of Google's revenue streams and until they invest more resources into their Smartphone Division it's not likely they'll see Pixel grow beyond their current worldwide market share of 2%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think we first have to differentiate a bit.

1. There are people here flaming or being negative, without ever having owned the device in the first place. Simply for the sake of being negative. The reasons for that... are multiple. Maybe they dont like the Pixels having good press, maybe they are lonely, maybe they are bored, maybe they are just as*h*les by nature. I do not know. Those criticisms you can ignore.

2. Then there are people that have certain fixed expectations from other phones that are of no significance in nature, take the guys as an example that flame the Pixel for having the power button on "the wrong side" - for them, it's a dealbreaker. But it is not. It's a design decision by a manufacturer and neither good or bad, it just "is". Personally for me, it's a) a good place, because it helps me shoot photos an b) doesn't bother me. So there are very subjective reasons that are void of reasoning or "depth" to the argument/flame, it's "muh don't like, because don't like". Those you can also ignore.

3. Then there are people who make application errors/ manual errors, like people that do not understand what adaptive charging means, or that have AOD enabled all day long and wonder that 10% of battery is lost overnight; or have a terrible 5G connection at the edge of town and do not understand that their phone is constantly trying to make connection, burning through the battery; or that have ****ty providers that do not enable 5G deactivation - that's not on Google, that's their carrier. Making the phone responsible because your contract partner is sh*t, is just, well, another point you can ignore.

4. Then there are people who compare apples to bananas - like the ones coming over from Samsung and OnePlus, expecting the exact same battery life - even though their phones are notorious app killers (https://dontkillmyapp.com/), and those phones don't run good 24/7 background stuff, like Now Playing - with a negliable battery drain. If the Pixel only has 5% less battery time, for those people, that's a massive "muh will send phone back" - those you can also ignore, because their expectations are simply unrealistic.

5. Then there are people that actually know their sh*t and try to compare features and problems of a phone on a balanced, reasonable basis - they try to compare things that can be compared with, try to find a middle ground amongst expectations, without sounding unreasonable - they try to balance their feedback by differentiating between personal/subjective "likings" and objective/ defacto pros'n'cons, those you should heed. The problem is: Those people are in the minority. So for you as a "bystander" you first have to sift through a hundred comments, until you can find the 10 or 15 decent ones that are actually helpful.
    I've been using my pixel 6 pro for a week now and I have to say it's great, despite the incomprehensible hate from people. So far I can't complain about anything, at first the battery was running average and now it's great, I don't know how it happened. My former Oneplus 9 is a complete wipeout in almost every category except for the fingerprint reader and faster charging. In my opinion it's also a little better than the iphone 13 which I had for 1.5 weeks, however the iPhone wins in the gaming performance category, because I really can't find a difference in the speed of these phones in normal use. It's true the iPhone is reliable, however a bit handicapped and definitely badly priced compared to the Pixel. This is where my question arises, where is the hate from the media and users coming from as if the Pixel 6 pro is a complete failure?
    I do prefer the fingerprint scanner on the back but they all seem to think in screen means premium, a backward move in my opinion
    yes, i agree with backwards name guy up there....

yes, people will complain, but also, also a lot complaints are valid IMO. Not all.
    my list:
    curved screen. yes, not so bad it is tolerable, but i hate curved screen period. There is absolutely no benefit to it. I don't understand why NO android phone makes will make non curved flagship phones anymore. Bunch of nonsense. Flat is best, always. you don't see iphone ever going curved right? Also, along these lines, why wont a single android phone be rectangular?? circle is super dumb, curved screen dumb. because its a watch?? its not a watch, its a mini phone. its a display on your hand that does smartphone stuff, rectangle is best, circle is stupid. would you want a circular phone?? no circles, no curves. please for the love of god.

fingerprint sensor. i did kind of like the pixel5 behind phone sensor, esp with smooth pull down tickling (naughty) features. but in screen is more convenient. and yes, it is slightly spazzy, so valid complaint there. no big deal, but valid.

it better be twrp-able soon. this is my complaint.

camera, crazy huge bump on the phone. totally valid complaint. if you dont mind, fine, but lets not act like this is some elegant design, lolll. I always say this, if we are going to have big ol battery bumps, why not just make the entire phone depth bigger, and have room for bigger battery, headphone jack, and whatever else you can shove into that space. but that's just me.
    You don;t get the curved screen complaint??? It's not that they are surprised by the curve screen, lolll. It's that the flagship offering is curved screen. We get it begrudgingly because it's the latest pixel phone.
    No i dont. if you dont want a curved screen, dont buy a phone that was clearly advertised as a curved screen then moan that, you know,... it has a curved screen.

Buy something else. The standard pixel 6 for example which doesnt have one.

Youre entitled to complain about things just as im entitled to call the complaints ridiculous if they are.