Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Search This thread

king718

Jun 20, 2012
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

Gaana Product

May 5, 2014
Songs caching on Gaana

When you download songs on Gaana app, they are stored on the device but are DRM protected so they are accessible only from Gaana application. You cannot take them out of Gaana app.

ReX-Hell2heAven

May 25, 2013
Hyderabad
Do This.....

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
U will find one folder files open that
They are your downloaded files .........
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
now you can play this files in ur default player ..

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:

ishaang

Mar 24, 2009
Theres an app by Airtel called Wynk Music which you should also check out for listening free, they seem to have whatever I search for (and not just Hindi)

But you cannot download songs unless you purchase which I haven't tried. If you are on Airtel you can make a song your hello tune too.

iambhavin

Oct 18, 2014
location of gaana app downloaded songs

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:
Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

andy40358

Oct 29, 2014
Need Rooted Now

Now file are in root folder. All you need is rooted device and app call "root explorer". Go on youtube and get your device rooted. Files are in root-data-data-com.gaana-files
These files are saved in the form of numeric numbers. Copy them on your pc or just play on your device using player. Solid drawback is you need to rename all song names because numbers are given to the files.

ReX-Hell2heAven

May 25, 2013
Hyderabad
Im using upgraded only

Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

Im talking about upgraded app only and im successful in getting the files as I explained before and FYI - mine is not rooted it's MOTO E:rolleyes:

amit shah

Nov 14, 2014
how to find songs downloaded by GAANA APP

Im talking about upgraded app only and im successful in getting the files as I explained before and FYI - mine is not rooted it's MOTO E:rolleyes:

FOUND SUCCESSFULLY (IN MY ROOTED DEVICE).!
GET UR DEVICE ROOTED. OPEN ES FILE EXPLORER & GET THE ROOT PERMISSION (i.e. turn on the root access) & ALSO TURN ON THE 'SHOW HIDDEN FILES ' OPTION. NOW GO TO SDCARD->ANDROID ->DATA-> COM.GAANA->FILES. THAT'S IT!!!! THERE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE SONGS WHICH ARE ONLY NUMBERED :victory:

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

GET UR DEVICE ROOTED. OPEN ES FILE EXPLORER & GET THE ROOT PERMISSION (i.e. turn on the root access) & ALSO TURN ON THE 'SHOW HIDDEN FILES ' OPTION. NOW GO TO SDCARD->ANDROID ->DATA-> COM.GAANA->FILES. THAT'S IT!!!! THERE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE SONGS WHICH ARE ONLY NUMBERED :victory:

king718

Jun 20, 2012

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

I tried it and there is nothing in that folder. Gave it roote permission and hidden files and still nothing there. :(

theharshada

Aug 24, 2014
can location be set to external sd card?

This works fine. Found the files. could rename and play on device media player.

But this app eats up internal memory. Is there any way to move the storage to External SD card?

rk9144

Dec 7, 2014
memory usage app

I tried it and there is nothing in that folder. Gave it roote permission and hidden files and still nothing there. :(

I had the same issue for my MOTO G.
My problem was, I downloaded around 250mb of songs through the app but could not play it in the music player other than the app!

Solution:
Download an app named "Memory Usage" and see which folder is consuming big size. Open it and see each file size ( normally 4-6 mb) to confirm its the same folder used by the app for songs storage
>>find your folder and extract it through es explorer.

Just follow the other user's comments for extraction

Thanks

deadbody2014

Dec 4, 2014
Thanks for the help. Did find the file in Android/ Data/ com.gana/files with help of EZ exlporer.

thanks buddy... my phone is not rooted still found the files here...
Android/ Data/ com.gana/files
with the help of "es explorer" ofcourse... In ES explorer, setting choose "show hidden files"... than it finds the file numbered files there...

To find it via PC cable though you have to rename the ".gaana" folder to "gaana" folder via "es explorer" only.... thanks hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do This.....

location of gaana app downloaded songs

Hi,
    Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

So wrote a small Java utility program.

https://github.com/PathriK/GaanaExtractor

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You

I Did So
    And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
    Please Tell Me What To Do Now

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
    now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php