Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Search This thread

king718

Jun 20, 2012
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

reachsofi

Jul 6, 2015
Found files but cant reload into gaana

I just did a backup of my HTC M8, i found the files before the backup and made a copy to my SD Card. but now i cant seem to get those files to show again in my gaana app :(
Any clue how i can do that or i ll need to download the playlists again?

keertikumar_ws

Apr 20, 2011
Chennai
Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

So wrote a small Java utility program.

https://github.com/PathriK/GaanaExtractor

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You

intelligentking

Mar 27, 2011
Mississauga
Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You
I am getting an error while I try to run the app. Look at the screenshot

keertikumar_ws

Apr 20, 2011
Chennai

intelligentking

Mar 27, 2011
Mississauga

1791dbest

Aug 22, 2015
Gurgaon
Gaana App Songs Download

Hi,
I recently installed gaana app but I'm unable to get downloaded data
If anyone has any idea, please help.

Guys no need to root the device .... I just connected it to my computer and went to data card rather than internal memory. I found all the songs like in This PC\YU5010\SD card\Android\data\com.gaana\files\.gaana :good::good: Do reply if anyone gets this.

freakyvrk

Sep 3, 2012
Find location of songs downloaded from gaana.com app for android

Gaana.com is a website that offers free streaming of Indian and International music. Gaana.com provides mobile applications on various platforms like Android, IOS, Windows & Blackberry. Gaana.com app allows users to download songs so that they can listen songs offline. Do you want to play downloaded songs with other music applications? But many of you must have wondered where the downloaded song files are stored. Here’s is how to find the location of downloaded songs.

Go To File Manager –> Android –> data –> com.gaana –>files
Here you will find nothing initially.
Click on menu button & select “Show hidden files”
Now, you will see a folder named “.gaana”.
Inside this folder you will see all the songs downloaded from gaana.com.
But you will notice the downloaded songs are named with random numbers having unknown file extension. To use these files in other music applications, you must copy them in some other folder & rename files & add “.mp3” extension to every file.

Courtesry: digitais.in

HarishIniyarajan

Nov 1, 2015
Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.
It will be there in the same location in your sd card(if u have inserted one). Just turn on hidden files option in es file Explorer and go to Android>data>com.gaana>files>.gaana where the last folder is a hidden one. The songs with be in different format and in numerical names. Just rename them with a .mp3 extension.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do This.....

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
    Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
    go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
    U will find one folder files open that
    They are your downloaded files .........
    Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
    now you can play this files in ur default player ..

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:
    location of gaana app downloaded songs

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
    Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:
    Hi,
    the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
    i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
    has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.
    Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

Thank You

I Did So
    And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
    Please Tell Me What To Do Now

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
    now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php