Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Search This thread

king718

Jun 20, 2012
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

Paras_Desai

Aug 17, 2015
After few latest updates, the downloads are no more there , they are hidden somewhere in system directory and one need to root phone to reach there,

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

Z

zeomal

On the latest version(s), the app stores the downloaded files to the external SD card (if present - dunno what happens if it isn't present), To get access to the files there, enable viewing of hidden files in your file manager (yes, Show Hidden Files in ES File Explorer), and navigate to the same directory, viz.

External SD Card/Android/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

and you'll find files with random numbers without any metadata (album artist, album covert art). First, you'll have rename the files by appending a .mp3 extension (for example, filename is 123456, then you have to rename it to 123456.mp3). You can automate this using a file renaming software (File Renamer Basic comes to mind). You'll have to individually figure out which file corresponds to which song and add the metadata yourself, or with any third party app (MediaMonkey claims to be able to do that, though it often does a very poor job of it, then there's a slightly better MusicBrainz Picard). I'd suggest you download the songs yourself through some other means instead of going through all this trouble.

In addition, if you want the cover art for the songs, you can check the same location on the internal memory, but the folder filesApp_Images.

Last edited:

DK_GIONEE_E7

Apr 16, 2014
Mumbai
i did find a solution to name all downloaded files. it will not add any tags but just name files appropriately.. reply if you are looking for such solution...

Sent from my NX511J using XDA Forums

anandmore

Nov 30, 2015
Aurangabad
www.anandmore.gq
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

Go to File manager -> Android -> Data -> Gaana. Here you can see the downloaded files. To play this convert it into mp3 by adding .mp3 extension or transfer it into the computer or by mobile music player.

tjhackz

Oct 28, 2014
Ahmedabad
Simple App for gaana songs to regular mp3

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
U will find one folder files open that
They are your downloaded files .........
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
now you can play this files in ur default player ..

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:

I've managed to build one simple app for converting Gaana songs into regular mp3.
Just pull out the mySql db from your gaana app. COnvert it to xlsx (as the package contains my songs).
Open up the apps and you're good to go.

URL : PM me to get the share URL as being a new member xda is not allowing me to post it.:cyclops:

Let me know if it doesn't work. :)

kiranat1181

Dec 27, 2015
Go to file manager in your android phone. (My device). In that you will find all folders of all apps. Go to android folder then data folder. In that you will find gaana folder. Go to files and select show hide files in option. You will find all the downloaded songs files. Rename the extension of all files to .mp3 and enjoy listening.

avdheshgoyadi

Feb 5, 2015
Same problem here

i did find a solution to name all downloaded files. it will not add any tags but just name files appropriately.. reply if you are looking for such solution...

Sent from my NX511J using XDA Forums

I found out one of the Java codes written on earlier page, but I was able to name only about 15 songs out of the total 600 songs, rest all resulted in error.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

I've managed to build one simple app for converting Gaana songs into regular mp3.
Just pull out the mySql db from your gaana app. COnvert it to xlsx (as the package contains my songs).
Open up the apps and you're good to go.

URL : PM me to get the share URL as being a new member xda is not allowing me to post it.:cyclops:

Let me know if it doesn't work. :)
How to do that? Can you add a video showing all the steps.

I want to use Gaana App's premium version for free is there any hack if yes plz provide

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I want to use Gaana premium for free plz suggest me how

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

How you find it. I want to use gaana premium version.

Reactions: hemanth86

tjhackz

Oct 28, 2014
Ahmedabad
Steps to rename the songs automatically

I found out one of the Java codes written on earlier page, but I was able to name only about 15 songs out of the total 600 songs, rest all resulted in error.

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

How to do that? Can you add a video showing all the steps.

Here's the link for my source folder : drive / open?id=0B7JtzOY95m4lRWs4TnJXRXNSWTA

Things to do to run this : Get your sqlDB file where all your songs are stored in db3 format.
Extract them in one excel (See the 'gna' folder from this link and go to excel to see the template)
Done. Open the exe file (Which should be in 'debug', if not, compiler the project to get one) and
run. UI is pretty easy to understand.

If you face any issues, do let me know.:)

rose2114

May 4, 2016
This is how you save songs from Gaana app

For Android users:

Goto : SD card/Android/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana/

You can see your downloaded songs but these are not recognizable files.

Next step:-

select all these files and copy and save to other location, rename all these files as .mp3.

All Done!!!!.

Cheers!!!

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
I have signed up for one year of Gaana's premium service, and primarily listen to it via the Windows 10 app. Would anyone know where this app saves the downloaded songs?
I checked under AppData\Local\Packages\TIMESMOBILELIMITED.Gaana_randomstring but do not see the downloads in any of the subfolders.

EDIT:
I see the songs under the LocalState subfolder. These have a .mp4 extension, but filesizes are too small! Just 1.4mb for what is supposed to be the HD version. For comparison, I have the same song in FLAC, with a filesize of 28mb!
Also, I am getting an "unable to parse" error in JRiver Media Center. So I assume the Windows app uses DRM on the downloaded files.

Last edited:

oshopaul

Sep 2, 2016
Thanks bro ... it worked

Thanks bro ... it worked

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:

seriusblack

Mar 28, 2013
For Android users:

Goto : SD card/Android/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana/

You can see your downloaded songs but these are not recognizable files.

Next step:-

select all these files and copy and save to other location, rename all these files as .mp3.

All Done!!!!.

Cheers!!!

I am using moto g 1st gen. I installed gaana app today. But I am not able to find the folder com.gaana under the folder :(.

Any moto g user can confirm ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do This.....

location of gaana app downloaded songs

Hi,
    the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
    i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
    has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.
    Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

So wrote a small Java utility program.

https://github.com/PathriK/GaanaExtractor

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You

I Did So
    And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
    Please Tell Me What To Do Now

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
    now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php