Where is app Gaana downloading music?

Search This thread

king718

Jun 20, 2012
I just downloaded this app called Gaana. It's an Indian music app that allows you to download and listen to music. I want to play music downloaded from this app with other music apps (shuttle+). But I can't find the directory where it is saving all the songs. Can someone tell me where this app is saving all the music?

Hammad079

Nov 9, 2016
I hope I helped u!!

Open ES File Explorer and enable Show hidden files ON ....
go to ANDROID/data/com.gaana
U will find one folder files open that
They are your downloaded files .........
Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right corner tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want
now you can play this files in ur default player ..

keertikumar_ws

Apr 20, 2011
Chennai
@keerthikumar_WS

Thanks a ton. Works like a charm. But the album art quality seems a bit low. Could you please consider using hig-res on next update?

Yup. Its one of the enhancements that will be available in the next release. :) Also If you find any issues or any more suggestions, please do raise a new issue in the github page so that it will be easy for me to track and work on it..

Thank You

Gkr001

Nov 30, 2016
Yup. Its one of the enhancements that will be available in the next release. :) Also If you find any issues or any more suggestions, please do raise a new issue in the github page so that it will be easy for me to track and work on it..

Thank You

Thanks much for the latest 2.0 Stable update. Works flawlessly. And the album art quality is much better now. Will be testing more and keep updated on Github and here.

Latest 2.0 Update: htttps://github.com/Pathrik/GaanaExtractor/releases

ninad2531

Jan 15, 2017
Thanks much for the latest 2.0 Stable update. Works flawlessly. And the album art quality is much better now. Will be testing more and keep updated on Github and here.

Latest 2.0 Update: htttps://github.com/Pathrik/GaanaExtractor/releases

Hi,
I used your app recently but i was unable to convert that gaana song. Are you able to still convert this songs.

Hari2208

Jun 24, 2017
Hello everypne there's an update to this question.
In my Redmi note 3 i have the files but the problem is the files are saved in ".e" format which upon changing to ".mp3" doesn't do anything. I tried playing it on MIUI music player and vlc media player with no luck.

keertikumar_ws

Apr 20, 2011
Chennai
Hello everypne there's an update to this question.
In my Redmi note 3 i have the files but the problem is the files are saved in ".e" format which upon changing to ".mp3" doesn't do anything. I tried playing it on MIUI music player and vlc media player with no luck.

I think they have started to 'encrypt' the files/ use DRM to protect the files. :crying: But still the old version of the App downloads un-encrypted files I think.

devang98

Jun 14, 2011
yep I am having the same issue the files are with .e extension and changing it does not work. they also do not convert, thus is the only solution to install the old version of the app ?

hakki01

Nov 13, 2016
Gaana songs to mp3

I will give the information just download old version of gaana and edit using es file explorer pro ,it works!!!!! Show hidden files on es explorer> Find sd/internal memory>android>data>gaana>files>you can find un named file with no extension>copy to internal memory>rename with .mp3 as file extension and
Try Gaana version 6.6.6
Es file explorer pro from google

akhilrbzmi

Jun 24, 2016
Hi,
the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.

New Updated Location is ROOT/STORAGE/SDCARD/ANDROID/DATA/com.gana/FILES/media_cache

SandyTiwari

Nov 11, 2018
Location of gaana.com downloaded files was never a problem, the problem is they are encrypted .Exo files ....Which can't ve played elsewhere without gaana app, which sucks the internal storage if phone...bullshit!

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Location of gaana.com downloaded files was never a problem, the problem is they are encrypted .Exo files ....Which can't ve played elsewhere without gaana app, which sucks the internal storage if phone...bullshit!
Well, in that case, dont use crap apps like Gaana, use a different music app, one that doesn't encrypt its media files.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

desktopuser

Feb 12, 2015
Guys i found the files and it is in the same folder as mentioned in above answers.
Simply copy those .e extension files to your pc but its encrypted. So even though u can copy those e files.
It is unreadable from any player or editor. Only Ganna can play it and it sucks.
Code:
ANDROID/data/com.gaana

So the only solution is download some other streaming music site and purchase from there.
Make sure it can be downloaded in mp3 or mp4 format.
I myself will be disusing this Ganna app, because they don't want me to rip the benefit of my money.
Using older apps like Gaana version 6.6.6 is not sufficient enough. That is why they keep updating there player.
Even if u could get Gaana version 6.6.6, it will not recognize that files as readable. Basically it cannot access that file.
So both ways the user will not benefit in any ways.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Do This.....

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
    Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:
    location of gaana app downloaded songs

Gaana allow us to play the downloaded songs in their app only:rolleyes:...But we can change this and can get downloaded files:p
    Select one file by long holding ,,then mark all by using select all(top right coener tick mark) option and tap RENAME(below) in that select "rename extension name" type .mp3 and hit OK and u can move all these files to a folder wherever u want

But the problem is in ur player u wont see the names and album arts for these songs n it'll be PIUA;):mad: I hope I helped u:angel::good:
    Hi,
    the location is accurate. this is where it used to be. but i think they have now upgraded the app and changed the location.
    i tried searching all the folders but i could not find the files now.
    has any one else been successful getting the files then please share the location.
    Utility to convert Gaana songs to MP3

Hi Guys,

I see that there have been lot of discussion on where to locate the downloaded files. Though locating the files was not a problem for me, naming them and arranging them into albums WAS A BIG PROBLEM.

So wrote a small Java utility program.

https://github.com/PathriK/GaanaExtractor

The JAR can be found in the binaries folder and usage instructions are there in the readme on that page. Please use it and let me know your comments

Thank You

I Did So
    And At First it got done but later now it shows ""tast failed""
    Please Tell Me What To Do Now

absolutely correct location, new app has made some changes and been added a hidden folder named .gaana and all the songs in side that folder.
    now the new location would be /sdcard/ANDROID/data/com.gaana/files/.gaana

so you just need to open browser (here I user X-plore) go to configuration > tick Show Hidden Files as shown in below image. done now you can able to find all the songs file and can copy to the folder in your choice and add extension .mp3

picture.php