Where is my user.conf file hiding?

Search This thread

staunty

Nov 9, 2009
I can't find it in /system/sd nor /system/bin. I am trying to get my linux swap working but the user.conf app is a bit too advanced for me.

I am running Cyan 4.2.11 / darkstar .6.7. Fat 32, EXT3, Linux Swap =128MB.

staunty

Nov 9, 2009
Check out this thread
I am running CM 4.2.11 with 10mb CFS hack and, imho, it does not have a need for a swap but your mileage may vary.

Yeah, It's not necessarily running slow but I want to insure that everything is working properly. If I don't need the swap, should I delete that partition and just run fat32 and ext3? If so, can I just rm the partition in adb? Or will that screw up the ROM?

borodin1

Jan 3, 2009
Minneapolis MN
Don't delete that partition. You will need it when you switch to Android 2.1 most likely. It's only few MB right? Just let it be, it's not touched unless you specificaly tell the system to touch it.
If you do decide to get rid of it the this thread should help you out.
Good luck.

borodin1

Jan 3, 2009
Minneapolis MN
Don't delete that partition. You will need it when you switch to Android 2.1 most likely. It's only few MB right? Just let it be, it's not touched unless you specificaly tell the system to touch it.
Good luck.

staunty

Nov 9, 2009
Good luck.

OK, I'll keep it. But, its not doing anything. Here is the result when I run 'free' in terminal:
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 107076 103120 3956 0 508
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 107076 103120 3956

borodin1

Jan 3, 2009
Minneapolis MN
As I said, it will not do anything untill rom-maker puts a script in his rom (such as manup's eclair rom) in or you push your own script(by creating user.conf). Just let it be and don't worry about it. You'll use it when time comes.

J.a.M

Jul 31, 2009
Queens, NY
Thanks. I used that tutorial but I am still getting zeros when running 'free'. I know I am messing up somewhere.

I used the app for making it and just left everything as is except for:

put a check on apps2sd
put a check on swap_file_en
and under that where it says "linux_file_size" I put the size of my swap partition

i hit push and it takes a few seconds then rebooted the phone.I now have 93 MB of swap.I probably did something wrong or left something out but it works.