Where is the lte antennas located?

Search This thread

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
I'm planning on installing magnetic plate under the back plate (circled in red) for my car mount and I was wondering where the antennas were for LTE. I didn't want the plates to interfere

PhilipL

Jun 2, 2007
Hi

Its a bit more complex than that unfortunately. The transmit cell antennas are at the bottom, this places them away from the ear. Receive antenna for cell calls are at the top along with Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS.

Regards

Phil

Reactions: trevmar

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
According to the full ifixit teardown they are one of the orangey-gold areas at the top, on the inside of the rear case.
https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/LKmLDjCoZLJLj2Jk.huge

It says "the Wi-Fi, MIMO, and GPS antennae still reside on the rear case, along with the NFC antenna which formerly lived on its own control board. Unfortunately, those super convenient labels from the Nexus 5 have transformed into cryptic codes."

so the antennas are not near the area right under the fingerprint sensor right?

Hi

Its a bit more complex than that unfortunately. The transmit cell antennas are at the bottom, this places them away from the ear. Receive antenna for cell calls are at the top along with Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS.

Regards

Phil

do you think sticking a metal plate under the fingerprint sensor on top of the battery is a great idea or do you think it'll affect with my lte and wifi? I don't care about NFC, I just care about my signal

Reactions: trevmar
Oct 3, 2011
Moscow
Hi. Can someone tell, which antenna this leg on the motherboard goes to? (Highlighted with a red arrow on the pic)
Or point me at the data sheet for 5X. Thank you in advance!

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Regards

Phil
    According to the full ifixit teardown they are one of the orangey-gold areas at the top, on the inside of the rear case.
    https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/LKmLDjCoZLJLj2Jk.huge

It says "the Wi-Fi, MIMO, and GPS antennae still reside on the rear case, along with the NFC antenna which formerly lived on its own control board. Unfortunately, those super convenient labels from the Nexus 5 have transformed into cryptic codes."

so the antennas are not near the area right under the fingerprint sensor right?

Hi

Regards

Phil

do you think sticking a metal plate under the fingerprint sensor on top of the battery is a great idea or do you think it'll affect with my lte and wifi? I don't care about NFC, I just care about my signal
    ...do you think sticking a metal plate under the fingerprint sensor on top of the battery is a great idea or do you think it'll affect with my lte and wifi? I don't care about NFC, I just care about my signal

Why not get an app like SignalCheck to monitor your signal strength while holding the metal piece in the spot you're considering?