WHERE IS THE N9860 ANDROID 11 UPDATE?

kimern

Jul 4, 2015
Zug
I'm in Swtizerland on a N9860, i got this notice in the Samsung members app a while back:

photo_2021-01-21_09-19-32.jpg

Todays the day but nothing's shown up yet:

photo_2021-01-21_09-22-12.jpg

Worth noting as well. When i first got the phone around October, my samsung members app was the Hong Kong version, i could tell. It changed around November i think to the Swiss version.

reycosare

Apr 27, 2012
I'm in Swtizerland on a N9860, i got this notice in the Samsung members app a while back:

View attachment 5194255

Todays the day but nothing's shown up yet:

View attachment 5194257

Worth noting as well. When i first got the phone around October, my samsung members app was the Hong Kong version, i could tell. It changed around November i think to the Swiss version.

Maybe it means January 2021

efecyp

Mar 18, 2016

That happened happened to me as well. Curious.

tdodd

Nov 13, 2005
London/Essex
I'm in the UK and the members app switched from Hong Kong to UK some time ago, as others have noted.

Here they really like to rub salt into the wound, claiming the update was completed last year. No it bloody wasn't! As we all know, it hasn't even started yet.

Screenshot_20210121-124603_Samsung Members.jpg

Contacting support via the app is useless as it's UK support that reply and they just fob me off. Hong Kong support just seem to go out of their way to misunderstand the issue.

For a global company they are demonstrating a complete lack of competence in supporting the global market. This is on them for the Exynos processor, not the customer for importing.

sw1000

Aug 19, 2014
I've been waiting for this for a while, decided to move to the S21 Ultra Exynos UK edition as they appear to have remedied a lot of the 990 issues, seems to build on the Note 20 Ultra and will regularly get updates unlike the HK edition.

Shame as the SD chip is brilliant

Last edited:

Suntaina

Oct 1, 2020
I've been waiting for this for a while, decided to move to the S21 Ultra Exynos UK edition as they appear to have remedied a lot of the 990 issues, seems to build on the Note 20 Ultra and will regularly get updates unlike the HK edition.

I would too but it's not worth it since I already paid a lot for my n20u.

Selling my n20u and buying s21u, the total cost of money wasted would be almost like buying fold 2.

Reactions: dhelevangelista
Jan 6, 2021
I would too but it's not worth it since I already paid a lot for my n20u.

Selling my n20u and buying s21u, the total cost of money wasted would be almost like buying fold 2.
Agree. This phone is still excellent despite the update fiasco - build and design wise. Although I also want to try S21 series, if I am to go for a phone upgrade it will be much sensible to wait for N21. Which I believe will pack new tech. So I still want to hold on to this device for the moment while waiting for that FREAKINGGGG UPDATE.

Reactions: Suntaina

Flyarnk

Jun 15, 2010
Toronto

That's exactly what samsung wants and I think it's the reason for delay on update. If it wasn't for spen, I would move to oneplus in a heartbeat.

sw1000

Aug 19, 2014
That's exactly what samsung wants and I think it's the reason for delay on update. If it wasn't for spen, I would move to oneplus in a heartbeat.
It's a very fair point, thinking of it I don't use my S-PEN that much, it is great for capturing specific screen snips with the pen. It's amazing for that.

I had a OnePlus 7 pro, they are bad with updates or wAs. The S21 probably fits me nicely with the enhanced camera etc.

Irrespective, next phone needs to be a keeper.

May hold onto the Note 20 ultra as a spare to see how they patch. Wish they had the same consistency of Apple/Google for updates .

cyberz

Jul 19, 2005
It's a very fair point, thinking of it I don't use my S-PEN that much, it is great for capturing specific screen snips with the pen. It's amazing for that.

I had a OnePlus 7 pro, they are bad with updates or wAs. The S21 probably fits me nicely with the enhanced camera etc.

Irrespective, next phone needs to be a keeper.

May hold onto the Note 20 ultra as a spare to see how they patch. Wish they had the same consistency of Apple/Google for updates .
What?? I had OP7 pro(and OP6) from the day one and was surely very good/fast with the update. But today it is 2 year old. However, short time and OP7/OP7Pro gets Android 11(the beta is available).

sw1000

Aug 19, 2014
What?? I had OP7 pro(and OP6) from the day one and was surely very good/fast with the update. But today it is 2 year old. However, short time and OP7/OP7Pro gets Android 11(the beta is available).
From experience in the UK I wasn't that impressed with their updates, probably as I came from a Pixel. Mine was SIM free direct from OP.

Maybe it improved, only had it for around 6 months

Samsung in the UK at least have gotten very quick at security updates , still not great but improving with Is upgrades.

tdodd

Nov 13, 2005
London/Essex
From experience in the UK I wasn't that impressed with their updates, probably as I came from a Pixel. Mine was SIM free direct from OP.

Maybe it improved, only had it for around 6 months

Samsung in the UK at least have gotten very quick at security updates , still not great but improving with Is upgrades.
Yeah, my girlfriend has a 6T from Oneplus in the UK. When Android 10 came out it was slow to arrive on the 6T and security updates for android 9 dried up for months while focus was on 10. It wasn't the experience I was expecting. It is currently on the November security patch.

Back to Samsung and, even though my S10+ is still on 10, at least it has December security updates. For the N9860 to be stuck on November is disgraceful.

Last edited: