WHERE IS THE N9860 ANDROID 11 UPDATE?

sean22922

Dec 1, 2016
Taipei
This morning I checked Samsung Member app, the OneUI 3.0 upgrade device list update again.
Screenshot_20210122-095741_Samsung Members.jpg
So the rumour says the update is delayed for N9860 model has been confirmed. We will wait for update with S10 users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: n1ko.t

cyberz

Jul 19, 2005
Sorry for the o.t. Think carefully about who you are defending. We're talking about a company that continues to mount obsolete/mis-designed socs in their top of the range phones and then resell them for around 1300 Euros. Or am I the only one who thinks that even in this amazing Note 20 Ultra, because the phone is really amazing, they mounted the older stock (exynos variant) and then overclocked it? This resulted in a much lower performance and a phone that heats up like a cast iron stove.
Going back to the SM-N9680, it's a phone that's barely 5 months old. Oneplus with OP6 and OP7 in the first year of life, but also in the second year with some slight delay, has always been on time with updates. Above all, it hasn't sold inefficient hardware at a high price, as some others continue to do. I'm not defending Oneplus, just pointing out the facts. I could say the same for other companies, as the "much loved" Apple. Some people compare phones that are 4 and 2 years old with a phone that after just 5 months of life seems to have been forgotten by Samsung.
But that's up to you, I don't like dealing with other people's wallets.
I haven't bought a Samsung in years and I don't regret having bought, a week ago, this wonderful Note 20 Ultra 5G, but I had to buy it abroad, because in my country they only sell the exynos variant. And now, I feel like I'm going back in time, when Samsung used to distribute updates to their phones with droppers, at least in my country.
I could go on for hours, but I think I've already bored a lot of people, so I'll stop here.

Excuse me for my bad English

Reactions: brkemre and pafc66

darsh79n1

Jun 7, 2015
This is become a true nightmare... I moved from OP to Samsung coz of updating monthly and they respected their promises and clients... But its really so shameful now to buy a device 1200$ and should be a damn flagship device... Many sam midrange devices got the updates while we still waiting... This pure P.S

Reactions: pafc66

Suntaina

Oct 1, 2020
I'm suffering with you all, I also got the same model but to be honest.

The hardware is very good and it's a stunning device, it sucks to be waiting for 3.0 while others model already got it but.. it doesn't make our model useless or anything. We don't actually miss out anything special but not having 3.0 at the moment.

it's still one of the best phone (not model though lol) out there.

Like mkhd said, buy the device for the features it has now. Not for what can come in the future.

Reactions: Hazem Hani

n-j-f

Aug 26, 2008
Panama City
What particularly annoys me is that we are still on the 1 November 2020 security patch. They could at least have updated our security patches. We are now two months behind all other versions of the Note 20 Ultra and who knows what vulnerabilities we may be exposed to.

tdodd

Nov 13, 2005
London/Essex
What particularly annoys me is that we are still on the 1 November 2020 security patch. They could at least have updated our security patches. We are now two months behind all other versions of the Note 20 Ultra and who knows what vulnerabilities we may be exposed to.
As well as my imported N9860 I also have a Tab S7+, supplied direct from Samsung UK. That is also stuck on November security updates. I guess Samsung is pretty indifferent to security on their flagship products.

Android 11 update is not planned till March for the S7+. I wonder if there will be any more security updates before then.

Mooatreides

Dec 9, 2018
Beersheva
I'm suffering with you all, I also got the same model but to be honest.

The hardware is very good and it's a stunning device, it sucks to be waiting for 3.0 while others model already got it but.. it doesn't make our model useless or anything. We don't actually miss out anything special but not having 3.0 at the moment.

it's still one of the best phone (not model though lol) out there.

Like mkhd said, buy the device for the features it has now. Not for what can come in the future.
"suffering"????? calm downnnnnn this isnt suffering, its still and amazing phone and update will come.