• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

where to buy mi10 global version

Search This thread

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-03-30-13-55-15-218_com.opera.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-03-30-13-55-15-218_com.opera.browser.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Reactions: bigoliver

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
I'm going off this which I believe is correct, so no problems with 5g, 4 g can be issue in some cases not to bad with Vodafone
It looks to me that band 42 is simply another name for the n78 band?

Looks like this has just been a misunderstanding. I just wanted to make sure all bands are included before purchase. Which it seems they are.

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Reactions: james1089

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
It looks to me that band 42 is simply another name for the n78 band?

Looks like this has just been a misunderstanding. I just wanted to make sure all bands are included before purchase. Which it seems they are.

Thanks for your help.

I must warn you and take this extremely seriously. Do not buy a Chinese phone with the Global Rom flashed. This will hurt you when you want to upgrade. Xiaomi Phones work just like Apple phones, and the owner needs to bind their device to their own personal MiCloud account. These nefarious vendors, flash global roms attempting to get a kickstart on the Global market by selling to the world before Xiaomi is ready.

If you dont have the phone bound to you, it is worthless if ever bricked there will be no way to fix it. On the other hand, if the phone is bound to you, all Xiaomi phones are extremely easy to repair. Without a doubt Xiaomi phones are absolutely stellar.

Back to the bands, I am also seeing conflicting reports as well. The global devices will in fact have more bands than I thought and yes, it is possible to use the global modem and have more bands available.

But dont buy a Chinese phone unless it comes with the OEM Chinese software and with a locked bootloader. You can still unlock it yourself, and the Chinese phones work with 2 languages Chinese and English. If you own a Chinese version, you can always use the Global Xiuaomi.EU rom which globalises the China Beta rom and Xiaomi.EU is usually the bleeding edge of the Miui software.

Once again, if you buy the device, spend more money and buy a Global device, that you unlock yourself. Also FYI there is usually a two week wait before you can unlock the bootloader. This is a policy made that Xiaomi made that intended to deter unscrupulous vendors from exploiting western consumers. nonetheless, they are still cheating consumers!

Last edited:

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
I must warn you and take this extremely seriously. Do not buy a Chinese phone with the Global Rom flashed. This will hurt you when you want to upgrade. Xiaomi Phones work just like Apple phones, and the owner needs to bind their device to their own personal MiCloud account. These nefarious vendors, flash global roms attempting to get a kickstart on the Global market by selling to the world before Xiaomi is ready.

If you dont have the phone bound to you, it is worthless if ever bricked there will be no way to fix it. On the other hand, if the phone is bound to you, all Xiaomi phones are extremely easy to repair. Without a doubt Xiaomi phones are absolutely stellar.

Back to the bands, I am also seeing conflicting reports as well. The global devices will in fact have more bands than I thought and yes, it is possible to use the global modem and have more bands available.

But dont buy a Chinese phone unless it comes with the OEM Chinese software and with a locked bootloader. You can still unlock it yourself, and the Chinese phones work with 2 languages Chinese and English. If you own a Chinese version, you can always use the Global Xiuaomi.EU rom which globalises the China Beta rom and Xiaomi.EU is usually the bleeding edge of the Miui software.

Once again, if you buy the device, spend more money and buy a Global device, that you unlock yourself. Also FYI there is usually a two week wait before you can unlock the bootloader. This is a policy made that Xiaomi made that intended to deter unscrupulous vendors from exploiting western consumers. nonetheless, they are still cheating consumers!

Excellent reply, thank you.

I had already given up on a Chinese version, due to the missing band 20 and apparently Netflix and Google pay issue. Your reply makes me even more content that I'm making the right choice.

I did wonder why unlocking the bootloader take so long, your explanation makes sense.

The Mi 10 pro that I wanted is more expensive than I expected, I'm now probably going to get the Mi Note 10 whilst it's on offer £379. The Mi 10 pro isn't currently available through the official UK website, but judging the price in EU countries it'll cost €999 which currently converts to £891. I just wouldn't feel comfortable carry such an expensive phone around with me.

Reactions: tsongming
G

GuestD2784

Be carefull when buying the global version - both, Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro Global are only Single SIM, no DualSIM-support!

Taking nearly 300€ than in China and the phone is worse due to lack of DualSIM isn't acceptable... China Version also fails because of the lack of 4G Band 20, so I think Mi 10 completly fails for me...

Last edited:

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
Excellent reply, thank you.

I had already given up on a Chinese version, due to the missing band 20 and apparently Netflix and Google pay issue. Your reply makes me even more content that I'm making the right choice.

I did wonder why unlocking the bootloader take so long, your explanation makes sense.

The Mi 10 pro that I wanted is more expensive than I expected, I'm now probably going to get the Mi Note 10 whilst it's on offer £379. The Mi 10 pro isn't currently available through the official UK website, but judging the price in EU countries it'll cost €999 which currently converts to £891. I just wouldn't feel comfortable carry such an expensive phone around with me.
Google pay working fine on Chinese version, maybe occasionally I only get h+ instead of 4g on Vodafone, 90% I'm getting lte

Last edited:

bigoliver

Aug 22, 2011
Bridlington
www.ostones.co.uk
I've ended up ordering a Mi Note 10 directly from Xiaomi UK.
It was on offer at only £379.
There's no chance of any custom charges, all network bands, UK official charger, free delivery, better warranty.

I just couldn't justify €899 - €999 official price, for something I could drop and smash. The way I look at it, with the money I save I can upgrade to a 5g phone in s year where there's more infrastructure and the phones are cheaper.

I was tempted by the Mi 10 lite, but the camera is very important to me. If I've had bought the mi 10, I would have needed the pro edition otherwise it would have had arguably a worse camera than the Mi Note 10.

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool

Yeah they asked me if I wanted the play store installing or sealed box, went for the latter. I always buy the Chinese version mainly because I'm impatient never really had any problems.

MacGuy2006

Sep 15, 2006
... I always buy the Chinese version mainly because I'm impatient never really had any problems.

You WILL start having problems, as Google is finally patching SafetyNet and stuff like Magisk will no longer work on any Android 8 and newer phone.

https://www.xda-developers.com/magisk-no-longer-hide-bootloader-unlock-status/

So, you can save a few pounds and then you will be unable to use secure apps, like Google Pay or banking apps, and possibly subscription media apps. Bad idea, if you ask me.

I also wonder why buy the Mi 10 when the camera set up is worse than the Mi Note 10 set up and the Global Mi Note 10 is way cheaper and for many, a much better buy, at least if you care about the cameras.

I have the Mi Note 10 Global and was going to get the Mi 10 Pro, because of the arguably better zoom, but the price is just not worth it. To boot, while I like the main camera on the Mi Note 10, the other cameras are substandard. Even the main camera is largely inconsistent and while pixel-peeping was fun initially, overall my old Pixel 3XL took better shots. Now I find myself often carrying an iPhone 10, because its shots are just better balanced overall and more consistent. Xiaomi also sucks at support and updates are few and far between, even security updates. But to each their own.

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Yeah they asked me if I wanted the play store installing or sealed box, went for the latter. I always buy the Chinese version mainly because I'm impatient never really had any problems.

Smart decision.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

You WILL start having problems, as Google is finally patching SafetyNet and stuff like Magisk will no longer work on any Android 8 and newer phone.

That issue was resolved. I am using magisk on Android 10 and no issues with safety net., plus my phone is certified in play store settings.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

well mine was sealed an had gplay installed

Just adding this for anyone new reading.

You dont need a third party to install google services.

If you buy a China phone, you can always install Google Play services from within the Mi Store. As long as you are not located in China. it is no big deal. Xiaomi, sells the Chinese device to the India, so it works equally as well with English.

I was not aware that the Mi 10 only has one sim card, that is a bummer. Edit: it is definitely a dual sim phone : look for Sim tray description. Also disregard specs on may of these tech websites, they are often wrong when a new device is released, and fact checking is passe!

I would suggest for anyone reading searching for information, and wisely waiting to decide what to consider. if the Mi 10 is too pricey, then maybe consider : The Xiaomi Note 10 or the more powerful Mi 9, which has a Snapdragon 855 and all of the bands needed for 3g, 4g and 4 G plus. But no 5G.

However, there is also new version of the 5G Mix 3 that comes with a Snapdragon 855, 6GB of Ram and 128GB of storage for $350. Quite a good deal maybe the very best deal available, and this phone has a lot of bands for westerners., this is the phone that I may personally buy.

Last edited:

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
Smart decision.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

That issue was resolved. I am using magisk on Android 10 and no issues with safety net., plus my phone is certified in play store settings.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Just adding this for anyone new reading.

You dont need a third party to install google services.

If you buy a China phone, you can always install Google Play services from within the Mi Store. As long as you are not located in China. it is no big deal. Xiaomi, sells the Chinese device to the India, so it works equally as well with English.

I was not aware that the Mi 10 only has one sim card, that is a bummer. Edit: it is definitely a dual sim phone : look for Sim tray description. Also disregard specs on may of these tech websites, they are often wrong when a new device is released, and fact checking is passe!

I would suggest for anyone reading searching for information, and wisely waiting to decide what to consider. if the Mi 10 is too pricey, then maybe consider : The Xiaomi Note 10 or the more powerful Mi 9, which has a Snapdragon 855 and all of the bands needed for 3g, 4g and 4 G plus. But no 5G.

However, there is also new version of the 5G Mix 3 that comes with a Snapdragon 855, 6GB of Ram and 128GB of storage for $350. Quite a good deal maybe the very best deal available, and this phone has a lot of bands for westerners., this is the phone that I may personally buy.
Google services is already installed just need play store APK

-fluffy-

Aug 24, 2008
Gislev

tsongming

Aug 19, 2016
Not so bad then. I have done the same, wondering if it will get any development.

Of course it will. But you will not see much development until the phone has been on the market for 6 months or longer. After the source has been released.

Frankly, the Xiaomi.EU rom is so good that it's almost silly to use anything else. Especially, since Miui 11 has scaled backed the bloat and the upcoming Miui 12 ( western version) will supposedly incorporate even more pixel features , and remove unpopular bloat such as Mi-Music, and Mi-Video. Personally, I have have gotten used to some Miui apps such as the contacts/phone app and I now prefer it over the Google equivalent because it has extra features that Google does not have such as call recording.

invisiblewave

Sep 17, 2009
Of course it will. But you will not see much development until the phone has been on the market for 6 months or longer. After the source has been released.

Frankly, the Xiaomi.EU rom is so good that it's almost silly to use anything else. Especially, since Miui 11 has scaled backed the bloat and the upcoming Miui 12 ( western version) will supposedly incorporate even more pixel features , and remove unpopular bloat such as Mi-Music, and Mi-Video. Personally, I have have gotten used to some Miui apps such as the contacts/phone app and I now prefer it over the Google equivalent because it has extra features that Google does not have such as call recording.

+1. I've used countless custom roms over the years, on multiple devices, and the xiaomi.eu rom is better than all of them. The best roms are always the ones closest to the OEM software. This one is also much more reliably maintained than many others (this isn't a complaint about other roms, I know from experience how time-consuming it is to maintain a rom).

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 AM ----------

So, you can save a few pounds and then you will be unable to use secure apps, like Google Pay or banking apps, and possibly subscription media apps. Bad idea, if you ask me.

Any reason just relocking the bootloader & turning off Magisk Hide wouldn't work? Does SafetyNet check just the bootloader status, or does it also check for a modified boot image?

QAM

Jun 3, 2008
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hola
I am confused and I hope someone can provide some answers. While I understand that the Mi 10 GLOBAL version is released, my question is when exactly will it be ready for purchase outside of China - Some as on Amazon.es or Amazon.co.uk sites? I see a few Chinese based online retailers offering "pre-orders" for the Global version but no one is saying exactly when it will be ready for shipping.

From this thread it seems that Giztop.com, geekbuying.com, banggood.com, and some Aliexpress vendors are offering the Global version under their pre-orders...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    that phone on the aliexpress link its not global. its chinese with global rom flashed.
    hi
    now that global is on the marked
    i have ordred 1 an yes it have band 20 ?
    i see there are many prices for the global one
    i ordred 1 yesterday on giztop at a price 699 usd
    an if u are a member on gearbest u can get it at a mail price for 699 usd also
    just wait for amazon. its to supposed to be available starting today, from amazon italia
    I think global phones imported from China are usually much cheaper, but I could be wrong.
    Guess it'll have to balance price with warranty and aftercare.
    yes u are wrong if u take a look at cn version an global version
    the global allways cost more even if u ordre from china
    I received the tracking code today, Mi 10 should arrive on May 27th.
    I ordered it from Gearbest on April 14th.
    I no longer use this store
    Lucky you. I will never use Gearbest after this experience too.