Where to buy original battery?

Search This thread

ebaschiera

Jan 5, 2015
I don't think that the battery in that thread is Original. As I said, I'm looking for battery that _really_ is original. I found an authorized LG Spareparts seller here in Finland. If I recall it cost 17€+shipping (23€ or 24€ in total or ~$25-$26) so it's quite reasonable price and I can be sure it is original and it will have warranty.

I didn't expect to be that cheap! Good news for me. But... how can you tell when the old battery has to be replaced? Mine runs almost a whole day, with many many apps and a medium to low usage.

Mustang243

Jun 3, 2013
Finland
I don't have the phone anymore but I noticed the battery started draining very fast towards the end. For example I had 30% battery life left it suddenly jumped to 15% with little use. Sorry for late reply

h4x0rm1k3

Apr 22, 2011

sensei22

May 2, 2011
How can I tell if the battery is original oem or not? Anything I should be looking for in the labeling?

McDown

Aug 14, 2011
I just got a battery from here and it looks and performs just like the original one when it was new. I just plugged the phone into charger after 3+ days of normal use.

xyx2x

Sep 22, 2015
i bought from ebay supplier that claims that its genuine so far works excellent.

recommend you to buy from supplier that got a lot of orders sold.

spicypixel

Jul 3, 2007
Anyone able to take a high resolution photo of the front and back of the official battery? would make it easier to compare to fakes.

miksontije

Feb 17, 2011
it is not problem in front and back,they are the same print. clone batteries are smaller in couple of mm than original.

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

hern1989

Dec 19, 2010
Chicago
Can you tell experiences about the the battery. Is it better than old? Im going to buy one :)

First day running it full. It feels like its lasting longer. Except im on android 6.0. A bigger battery drain im having. Im going to go back to stock and report back in a couple of days. So far today i have 1hr and 11mins screen on time and 36% on battery. I feel its better than before though.

hern1989

Dec 19, 2010
Chicago
After using it for a week, I noticed very little improvement, which leads me to believe that the battery i purchased is not authentic. I get roughly 2hrs of screen on time. It goes from 100% to 95% after I remove it from the charger. If it reboots i lose about 20% battery.

Edit: i decided to take a look at the battery i purchased and noticed it's not the same weight as the original. Please don't buy from eBay. They claim is an OEM product and its not. The back of the battery is completely different to the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitin.chobhe

pjc123

Feb 7, 2013
www.flaminghellmet.com
My Nexus 4 is 3 years old and I figured I would order a battery as a standby, but after searching everywhere I can't find one where users report that it isn't a piece of junk. I also can't find where I could order a new one directly from LG in the United States. Planned obsolescence I guess.

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
Pune
Google Pixel 2 XL
My Nexus 4 is 3 years old and I figured I would order a battery as a standby, but after searching everywhere I can't find one where users report that it isn't a piece of junk. I also can't find where I could order a new one directly from LG in the United States. Planned obsolescence I guess.

Why not get it replaced from LG service center?

Mine is also three years old and I'll be replacing it tomorrow at a lg service center for 1013 INR :thumbup: that's about 15 $

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts