Question Where to buy the Mi 11 Ultra?

Search This thread

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
Very understandable, I feel the same way but I'm also impatient

Xiaomi ships hardly any phones to my country

( the regular mi 11 released in China in December only came a few weeks ago and it's totally out of stock everywhere and the staff have no idea when they be getting more or how many )

There planning to sell the ultra eventually but only the 8/12/256GB version will come here from what I've read

I would rather have Chinese one for 12/512 and I got it for $1200 including shipping and customs which isn't too bad for a phone of this calibre......

I can understand your situation too. I am impatient as well, but as I know the U.K. release date I might as well wait. It also means that Xiaomi might have released a decent firmware update that fixes and improves the camera by then.

OnceHeaven

Mar 1, 2006
Singapore
Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

For anyone interested in how the Chinese version (from Wonda) is:
  1. Google Play was indeed preinstalled
  2. Not much bloatware - 5-7 apps that I don't want / are in Chinese
  3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
  4. Only Chinese element that I can't change is the search screen
  5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
  6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
liveable, until you realize your google account is not being backup. that's the bad thing about the china rom, else its really usable as a daily.

OnceHeaven

Mar 1, 2006
Singapore
As far as I can tell , Google accounts are synching properly
Really? My Mi 11 and Mi 11 U are always in a "waiting to back up" status when on china rom. yours is backing up fine? Would love to see a screenshot.

just so we are on the same page, you are referring to "backup", as I was right?

synching just make sure all your drive, keep, gmail, etc are synched across all your devices. I'm referring to, well, the stuff below.
Screenshot_2021-04-16-20-58-11-163_com.google.android.gms.jpg

kyero985

• May 9, 2019
    Huawei P40 Pro
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Just received my Mi 11 Ultra from TradingShenzhen after about 9 days. No customs fees and import sales taxes and they even installed Google Play Services for me as well. Contactless payment works too.

It's my first time owning a Xiaomi phone and I was impressed by how seamless their Mi Mover app was when it came to doing the data migration.

I spent the rest of the night debloating everything else through the Xiaomi ADB/Fastboot Tools, running some benchmarks back-to-back to test how much it throttles and just trying out the camera (there's some minor shutter lag and the camera seems to get warm really quick though). So far, I'm impressed and am looking forward to some firmware updates.

adil7884

Sep 13, 2013
    Switzerland
    First return on the seller Xiaomi Mi Store,

phone ordered in pre-sale on April 06 with an estimated delivery date of April 23, the phone was sent on April 12 but the tracker tells me today that it has only just left the original warehouse and the estimated delivery date has changed ... For May 7th.

I have contacted the seller with no response yet. I don't recommend this seller for pre-sales anyway as it's a pretty well known seller on AliExpress with good reviews for other products.

If I had known I would have waited for the release in France because even if I buy them at a good price there can always be pay tax.

Attachments

• 3C647C7F-7B43-47EC-A873-E34147A744B7.jpeg
      3C647C7F-7B43-47EC-A873-E34147A744B7.jpeg
      361 KB · Views: 60

speedtripler

Aug 24, 2013
    Whats the release date?
    Projected for late April but depending on where you live they might sell out pretty fast send if you miss the first batch you might have to wait another month to try and get one from the second batch etc

That's how it is in the philippines, the popular xiaomi phones get sold out near instantly and the staff I asked are clueless about the next shipment

Nammster

Apr 10, 2021
    Suisse
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    What you did not liked about the phone ?
    Well too much to say hahah
    chinese ROM (but i can flash it and use the Global ROM)

but the first issue is : i tried everything to switch my stuff from iPhone to the 11 Ultra
    Samsung smartswitch❌
    Lg smart switch ❌
    Mi mover ❌
    Xperia mover❌

i wanted to switch everything not just my photos

when i was working in bestbuyMobile and a customer switched from ios to a Samsung everything was smooth but not on Xiaomi

i dont have PC/MAC and even if i did all the app are expensive like DrFone around 99$ to have the full featur

and since i lived in France/Canada/USA and now Switzerland iMessage and Facetime is 90% of my contact and maybe 30% can use Whatsapp

So a rather sell it

• Angry
    Reactions: Zaffy

hassanaliyeh

• Apr 3, 2015
    I believe they will start selling global version on 23rd of april as in india. And probably a week after officially world wide

I am waiting 23rd april impatiently. I'll just go global, and seller on aliexpress global for 1200usd does not deliver to australia -.-

Top Liked Posts

Lol looks like I'm finally gonna get my hands on my Mi 11 Ultra... I ordered the global model right after it became available in my country, unfortunately the delivery company had some weird logistic problems because the phone was supposed to be delivered 2 days ago. Fingers crossed for today :)

edit: just received it :)
      got my phone today
      175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg
      Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
      5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
      6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
      Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
      lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
      Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
      Im on TMobile US.
      Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
      Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff
      ho pagato in giro 160$
      Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
      got my phone today
      175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg

ho pagato in giro 160$
      Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
      lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
      Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
      Im on TMobile US.
      Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
      Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone