Question Where to buy the Mi 11 Ultra?

Search This thread

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
Does anyone know a good online store that sells phones out of Hong Kong or Malaysia? Keen to get a global unit with a UK plug but no UK price!

RX1337

• Jan 11, 2020
    Yeah, but the UK price is pretty mental. £1150-1200 vs the £800-900 abroad so keen to save the difference, with the added bonus that both Malaysia and HK have the right plug and charger in the box.
    Wondamobile should be perfect fit you i guess. Charger is seperate but should fit into your budget nicely. Shipping is free to the uk afaik. Also their currency is GBP so no currency conversion required either 👍

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
    Wondamobile should be perfect fit you i guess. Charger is seperate but should fit into your budget nicely. Shipping is free to the uk afaik. Also their currency is GBP so no currency conversion required either 👍
    I believe their limited run of the global model has sold out (and only in black... on the hunt for white) but it did come with the charger as global is the HK model. Only the Chinese one has no charger.

I'm looking for other stores based out of Malaysia or Hong Kong specifically. I'd normally pickup a new device in Malaysia once ever 3-4 years or so when on holiday, just can't seem to get one shipped here to the UK.

RX1337

• Jan 11, 2020
    I believe their limited run of the global model has sold out (and only in black... on the hunt for white) but it did come with the charger as global is the HK model. Only the Chinese one has no charger.

I'm looking for other stores based out of Malaysia or Hong Kong specifically. I'd normally pickup a new device in Malaysia once ever 3-4 years or so when on holiday, just can't seem to get one shipped here to the UK.
    Aye I forgot you want global rom. But what I heard is that it doesn't really give you advantages with global roms. Cn / eu rom seems to do everything better pretty much

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
    Aye I forgot you want global rom. But what I heard is that it doesn't really give you advantages with global roms. Cn / eu rom seems to do everything better pretty much
    Yeah, thought about this for a long while. With the China rom, the main issues are bloat apps, the discover feed and Android Auto not working and if you have a smart home the quick toggles are broken. Plus you can't use the back screen in the same way as global for short video. Finally I need to buy a charger on top. Slightly too many negatives.

RX1337

• Jan 11, 2020
    Yeah, thought about this for a long while. With the China rom, the main issues are bloat apps, the discover feed and Android Auto not working and if you have a smart home the quick toggles are broken. Plus you can't use the back screen in the same way as global for short video. Finally I need to buy a charger on top. Slightly too many negatives.
    You can debloat easily and make google voice work with gboard. No idea about android auto. No idea about the back screen. But you could use Xiaomi eu time that should work, no?

jericho246

• Dec 19, 2015

Non-issue if you're willing to unlock the bootloader and flash Xiaomi.eu ROM.

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
    Non-issue if you're willing to unlock the bootloader and flash Xiaomi.eu ROM.
    I'm not willing to unlock the bootloader as a few secure apps I have to use don't work if it's unlocked, plus it had given me lots of issues with payment apps before like Google Pay. No point making life more inconvenient eh.

Looks like a short holiday is on the cards...

chistery

May 24, 2010
    London
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    Not quite true. In the UK at least, you won't get 4g+ on Vodafone UK with the CN version, and you may be limited on other networks too, as it may not provide the best CA performance. Flashing a global rom won't fix this. In my opinion, go for the global version for the best compatibility

You can see the differences here

DREW76

Mar 15, 2013
    Anyone in Australia bought from www.mi-store.com.au? I bought mine on 19th of April and still not processed. it is taking too long.

it said when I bought it that will be delivered on 3rd of May. now it says out of stock but all pre ordered will be delivered in first week of may which is almost over!!!

Yes - Ordered mine on 18.04. Just got the below response from FB message. Not sure why it takes so long to dispatch though

Hi
    we just received the stock this morning. We except to send it out within 3-5 biz days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Finally received the damn Nillkin case.

IMG_20210531_180331.jpg
      Let me know how you like it, was it worth the wait?

it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      Have the same case + camera protector. Case is fine, but I don't like the camera protector. Think it changes the quality of the pictures a bit when against light. Thought it's cut around the lenses (at least on the pic in their site was like that). Decided to buy some metal frame from Aliexpress that is cut around them.
      got my phone today
      175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg
      Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

For anyone interested in how the Chinese version (from Wonda) is:
      1. Google Play was indeed preinstalled
      2. Not much bloatware - 5-7 apps that I don't want / are in Chinese
      3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
      4. Only Chinese element that I can't change is the search screen
      5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
      6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
      Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
      ho pagato in giro 160$
      Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
      lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
      Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
      Im on TMobile US.
      Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
      Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff