Question Where to buy the Mi 11 Ultra?

Search This thread

jericho246

• Dec 19, 2015
    Hi guys.
    I'm about to buy a MI Ultra. I'm interested in the 12/256 variant. I want to make a purchase on tradingshenzhen or wondamobile.

Do you know witch is faster? And how long more or less does it take to arrive in Germany?

Both ship from China, so probably not that big of a difference between the two shops.
    If I recall correctly, it's maximum 16 days on TradingShenzhen (global priority) whereas WondaMobile says 7-10 days. So on paper Wonda should be sligthly faster, but you never know. You can't go wrong with either shop in my opinion. :)

jericho246

• Dec 19, 2015
    I got a question of my own: has anyone ordered anything on Giztop? Phone, case, accessory, doesn't matter. If you have, did you get a tracking number?
    I ordered a Nillkin case and a protector for the camera, but I haven't received a tracking number or anything. Just the order confirmation (over a week ago). I contacted Giztop but they haven't responded yet... I wonder if they shipped it

Gh5st

Sep 25, 2020
    Both ship from China, so probably not that big of a difference between the two shops.
    If I recall correctly, it's maximum 16 days on TradingShenzhen (global priority) whereas WondaMobile says 7-10 days. So on paper Wonda should be sligthly faster, but you never know. You can't go wrong with either shop in my opinion. :)
    Usually wondamobile is much faster than tradingshenzhen. 😊
    For a delivery to Germany they usually need 5 days.
    They ship to italy and from there with DHL Express to germany.
    I have used both shops and wondamobile is in my opinion minimally better in every point.
    But there may be unexpected problems at both shops and both are good.

Reactions: jericho246

Monipeev

Apr 22, 2010
    Sofia
    And if I can ask.
    Should I rely only on what is written by the seller in the online store?
    Please someone really familiar to share how to recognize the different versions of the model? Something on the logo or inscriptions on the box, on the device itself, because if it's software, if they put Global software, we can probably be fooled.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
    And if I can ask.
    Please someone really familiar to share how to recognize the different versions of the model? Something on the logo or inscriptions on the box, on the device itself, because if it's software, if they put Global software, we can probably be fooled.
    You can verify the model with the IMEI number

Reactions: Monipeev

jericho246

• Dec 19, 2015

TradingShenzhen

TradingShenzhen offers 3 options

CHINA Firmware = Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + W1

XIAOMI.EU Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Passed + manual Updates + W1

GLOBAL Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Failed + OTA Updates + W1

Things to note:
    AFAIK TradingShenzhen only sells Chinese variants, with the option to have Xiaomi.EU or Global ROM.
    Xiaomi.EU Firmware is NOT official, it's a community made ROM.
    If you choose Xiaomi.eu or the flashed global firmware, you will have to wait 12-15 extra days. It's necessary because the guys at TradingShenzhen have to unlock the bootloader, which takes 168 hours, then they will flash the ROM you chose - Xiaomi.EU or Global.
    Flashing ROM on Chinese model does not unlock additional network bands.

And W1 means Widevine L1 (I think), so you'll be able to watch Netflix in HD & HDR.

WondaMobile

The Global variant that sometimes appears on the Wondamobile site, is indeed a Global model. Confirmed by @Gh5st who already received his device.
    At the time I'm typing this post, it's not available. Don't forget to check here regularly... It might appear again. Or not.

Last edited:

Gh5st

Sep 25, 2020

TradingShenzhen

TradingShenzhen offers 3 options

CHINA Firmware = Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + W1

XIAOMI.EU Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Passed + manual Updates + W1

GLOBAL Firmware (unlocked) = Saftynet Failed + OTA Updates + W1

Things to note:
    AFAIK TradingShenzhen only sells Chinese variants, with the option to have Xiaomi.EU or Global ROM.
    Xiaomi.EU Firmware is NOT official, it's a community made ROM.
    If you choose Xiaomi.eu or the flashed global firmware, you will have to wait 12-15 extra days. It's necessary because the guys at TradingShenzhen have to unlock the bootloader, which takes 168 hours, then they will flash the ROM you chose - Xiaomi.EU or Global.
    Flashing ROM on Chinese model does not unlock additional network bands.

And W1 means Widevine L1 (I think), so you'll be able to watch Netflix in HD & HDR.

WondaMobile

I could be wrong, but I think the Global variant that sometimes appears on the Wondamobile site, is indeed a Global model. At the time I'm typing this post, it's not available.
    Yes the global variant that appears somethimes at wondamobile is indeed the global model.
    I know it because I ordered one by myself and got it already. 🙂

panda24z

Feb 29, 2012
    Hi guys.
    I'm about to buy a MI Ultra. I'm interested in the 12/256 variant. I want to make a purchase on tradingshenzhen or wondamobile.

Do you know witch is faster? And how long more or less does it take to arrive in Germany?
    I can't say for Germany, but I bought my global variant from WondaMobile to the States. I paid for express shipping and received the unit in around 5 days. Processing is quick and customer support is great. No customs was paid on my side either, so whatever you pay on the site should be final.

samteeee

• As an english person currently in the US with a recently smashed oneplus 8 pro screen I thought it would be the perfect time to upgrade to the Xi 11 Pro or S21 Ultra as I really don't rate the oneplus.

Of course, as someone with dual citizenship I need dual sim, so that rules out a local S21 Ultra (thanks american monopolies) so I've been trying to find an EU version of the Xi 11 Pro in the UK or here (I can have someone ship out the UK version) and what would you know, it's freaking impossible to find.

I'm a heavy google pay / google assistant user so I don't want to mess with Chinese version with flashed ROM.

Anyone selling one? :D I had my Pixel 2 XL with me so I'm currently using that, but boy does it feel slow after the oneplus 8 pro.
    Hi;

I've bought many devices from them, friendly & trustworthy and more importantly we're next door!

xiaomi-mi-11-ultra

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    I got a question of my own: has anyone ordered anything on Giztop? Phone, case, accessory, doesn't matter. If you have, did you get a tracking number?
    I ordered a Nillkin case and a protector for the camera, but I haven't received a tracking number or anything. Just the order confirmation (over a week ago). I contacted Giztop but they haven't responded yet... I wonder if they shipped it
    There's a YouTuber flossy Carter who only gets his foreign devices from giztop. He vouches for them he made a review for the phone and that's where he got his from. I also bought my global variant from them yesterday they seem to be prompt. I had a conversation with them through their IM as well and had to email them and they answered within 24 hours. Here's the link to his video and you can see the link in the bio. Also I'm in the US not sure if that matters lol.

Reactions: Princevelyn

apd

Dec 8, 2006
    London
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    And if I can ask.
    I have always found Wonda to be very accurate - they publish all the bands and also publish answers to queries.
    As to timing, they dispatched mine straight away (same day). I paid for the smooth delivery, which they have no refunded. It is arriving monday (hopefully!) so about 10 days.
    Any version to be sold in the EU has the CE mark on it, I believe

Reactions: Monipeev

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
    Yeah, global version has got the CE logo and some other writing on the bottom under the Xiaomi logo on the rear of the phone.

May I ask how many versions of this phone exist? Chinese, India and global? Or there is also European? What the best version for UK?

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    Yeah, global version has got the CE logo and some other writing on the bottom under the Xiaomi logo on the rear of the phone.

May I ask how many versions of this phone exist? Chinese, India and global? Or there is also European? What the best version for UK?
    There's the Chinese, the India, the EEA Global version (European mainly), then the global version for the rest of the world.

apd

Dec 8, 2006
    London
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    What the best version for UK?
    I’m going with the Chinese version. The UK price is madness compared to the price of the Chinese version. There appear to be issues with the China version on Vodafone UK but otherwise all seems well. If necessary, I’ll flash one of the other ROMs but from what I’ve read there’s no significant problems with the stock ROM and simply installing Google services.
    I think Xiaomi did stop allowing people to stop installing Google services on Chinese handsets but as I understand it that doesn’t apply to phones with the SD888 so not this phone.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
    So there is a EU global and a global for the rest of the world, which of the 2 should work flawlessly in UK. China version looks indeed to have some problems with Vodafone UK (which is my provider). I bought a global version with eu charger, so I believe should be the EEA global, is it the right one for UK?

Reactions: yquitumadbro

Psimel14

Mar 3, 2017
    PDA plaza sell now Marble ceramic 12/512gb for 1379 CAD ~ 937euro.

chistery

May 24, 2010
    London
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    So there is a EU global and a global for the rest of the world, which of the 2 should work flawlessly in UK. China version looks indeed to have some problems with Vodafone UK (which is my provider). I bought a global version with eu charger, so I believe should be the EEA global, is it the right one for UK?
    I have a global version from HK so came with a UK plug, and works perfectly on Vodafone, so you should be ok.

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
    I have a global version from HK so came with a UK plug, and works perfectly on Vodafone, so you should be ok.
    I don't think mine is coming with the uk plug but the EU one, so it means should be the EEA global, will it work? What is the problem with China version on Vodafone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Finally received the damn Nillkin case.

IMG_20210531_180331.jpg
      Let me know how you like it, was it worth the wait?

it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      Have the same case + camera protector. Case is fine, but I don't like the camera protector. Think it changes the quality of the pictures a bit when against light. Thought it's cut around the lenses (at least on the pic in their site was like that). Decided to buy some metal frame from Aliexpress that is cut around them.
      got my phone today
      175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg
      Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

For anyone interested in how the Chinese version (from Wonda) is:
      1. Google Play was indeed preinstalled
      2. Not much bloatware - 5-7 apps that I don't want / are in Chinese
      3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
      4. Only Chinese element that I can't change is the search screen
      5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
      6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
      Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
      ho pagato in giro 160$
      Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
      lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
      Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
      Im on TMobile US.
      Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
      Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff