Question Where to buy the Mi 11 Ultra?

Search This thread

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
There's a YouTuber flossy Carter who only gets his foreign devices from giztop. He vouches for them he made a review for the phone and that's where he got his from. I also bought my global variant from them yesterday they seem to be prompt. I had a conversation with them through their IM as well and had to email them and they answered within 24 hours. Here's the link to his video and you can see the link in the bio. Also I'm in the US not sure if that matters lol.
Giztop show that the "Global" is the Chinese model with unlocked bootloader and flashed rom.
The charger is included as a free gift instead, rather than being in box like the Global edition too.

This mean it will get OTA updates but will fail safety net so Google Pay won't work. I believe only Wonda and AliExpress have had true global variants available.

TradingShenzhen still only offers to unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom at the moment and everyone else seems to only have the stock China variant.

Reactions: yquitumadbro

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    Giztop show that the "Global" is the Chinese model with unlocked bootloader and flashed rom.
    The charger is included as a free gift instead, rather than being in box like the Global edition too.

This mean it will get OTA updates but will fail safety net so Google Pay won't work. I believe only Wonda and AliExpress have had true global variants available.

TradingShenzhen still only offers to unlock the bootloader and install a custom rom at the moment and everyone else seems to only have the stock China variant.
    I think you were looking at the wrong post this is what I bought. https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mi-11-ultra-global-version.html
    Also read this.
    Screenshot_20210516-105217.png

Last edited:

mstrflsh

Mar 3, 2010
    I think you were looking at the wrong post this is what I bought. https://www.giztop.com/xiaomi-mi-11-ultra-global-version.html
    Also read this. View attachment 5311151
    That's the one. Global Rom, not global variant. I queried this several times with them.

Read further down, no charger in the box. One is included as a "free gift" and they couldn't confirm CE mark either as per true global variant.

Not to mention that Global 12.5 for the Ultra is not yet released.

When it arrives, please update us as I didn't order due to so many red flags.

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    That's the one. Global Rom, not global variant. I queried this several times with them.

Read further down, no charger in the box. One is included as a "free gift" and they couldn't confirm CE mark either as per true global variant.

Not to mention that Global 12.5 for the Ultra is not yet released.

When it arrives, please update us as I didn't order due to so many red flags.
    Ah ok ok. Will do! I think it should be fine I've never had issues with giztop obviously we shall see though. This is one of the questions they answered.
    Screenshot_20210516-114911.png

And above this i asked about them changing the charger and they said they couldn't so I'm not sure if they're lazy and copy and pasted a lot of stuff from the Chinese version and missed parts. Or if they're misleading but I'm sure once I receive it I will be able to tell. Cause the back under the Xiaomi logo look completely different on the global then the chinese.

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    I'm very confused, and probably not just me.
    This picture is from giztop link above.

View attachment 5311219
    This is where my confusion is lol. I bought this one so soon I'll be able to see but it seems odd that they're saying the charger is separate. Granted I'm not in Europe so I don't know how the global version that dropped in some countries over there already looks or is. I know there's always been a global EEA version (mainly for Europe) then the global version for everywhere else.

Reactions: Monipeev

TheForceUnleashed

• Feb 11, 2012
    Louisiana
    Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
    I’m interested in getting an 11 Ultra but I don’t understand why the Global costs so much more than the Chinese version 😒. I need the Global for AT&T 5G support, but some places have the Global variant going over $1400 while the Chinese variant goes no higher than $1100.

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    I’m interested in getting an 11 Ultra but I don’t understand why the Global costs so much more than the Chinese version 😒. I need the Global for AT&T 5G support, but some places have the Global variant going over $1400 while the Chinese variant goes no higher than $1100.
    I think it comes down to the convenience factor. That one is made for one particular market whereas the other can be used everywhere and supports more languages. Not saying that's fair but that is the only sensible reason.

wildlime

Mar 2, 2014

Wonda has had official global version but it was very limited in stock. I posted the official link a page or so back. Link only goes live when they have stock. I got mine from aliexpress sale official global and 2 of my friends got it from Wonda. Right now Wonda said there is no stock at all!

TyreReviews

May 14, 2021
    Isn't the xiaomi.eu the community rom so you'll get an unlocked phone?

I'm waiting for a proper global phone as I don't want it unlocked as I need google pay etc

yquitumadbro

• Sep 17, 2020
    Don't be fooled it's not official global version. Giztop should be honest that it's bootloader unlocked with global rom!
    We shall see in a few days I'll have mine by Friday then I'll be able to tell you officially if it's a lie or not. I still have faith just because I've ordered other stuff from them with no issue. Either way they are out of stock now so people would have to wait even if it is real. 😅

SlyUK

May 13, 2015
    We shall see in a few days I'll have mine by Friday then I'll be able to tell you officially if it's a lie or not. I still have faith just because I've ordered other stuff from them with no issue. Either way they are out of stock now so people would have to wait even if it is real. 😅

Looking forward to what you have :)

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
    Today I've unexpectedly had my parcel from Aliexpress "accepted by last mile carrier", how long will it take from now to get tge item delivered? Any idea guys?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Finally received the damn Nillkin case.

IMG_20210531_180331.jpg
      Let me know how you like it, was it worth the wait?

it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      it's okay I guess, but doesn't seem very 'sturdy'. Although the fact that it doesn't make the phone too bulky, is good. And weighs only 20g
      Have the same case + camera protector. Case is fine, but I don't like the camera protector. Think it changes the quality of the pictures a bit when against light. Thought it's cut around the lenses (at least on the pic in their site was like that). Decided to buy some metal frame from Aliexpress that is cut around them.
      got my phone today
      175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg
      Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

For anyone interested in how the Chinese version (from Wonda) is:
      1. Google Play was indeed preinstalled
      2. Not much bloatware - 5-7 apps that I don't want / are in Chinese
      3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
      4. Only Chinese element that I can't change is the search screen
      5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
      6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
      Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
      ho pagato in giro 160$
      Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
      lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
      Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
      Im on TMobile US.
      Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
      Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff