Question Where to buy the Mi 11 Ultra?

Search This thread

jmikepr

Aug 15, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Ordered the global version off of WondaMobile on April 30th, i paid for the premium shipping. Left Hong Kong on May 4th, and was delivered to my doorstep by May 6th. (I'm in USA)

Honestly I'm impressed. Giztop took over 10 days just to ship my order.

After having botht he Chinese model & the Global model, I've noticed that on the Chinese model my signal said 5G but when I would run a SpeedTest it said LTE. (Tmobile). However when I put my sim in the Global model it says LTE and I've noticed my speeds are a bit slower. Perhaps there's some hidden menu or settings I need to tweak.
According to @ingbrzy the China ROM will say 5G anytime it detects 5G. Even if it's not using 5G. So it could be that. No clue though, you would think the addition of band 66 would help your data speeds?

On a side note, would you mind sharing your thoughts, summary, review, etc of using China ROM Vs Global in the US? Also have you flashed .EU on the China model?

acm1108

Jun 10, 2010
Google Pixel 6
According to @ingbrzy the China ROM will say 5G anytime it detects 5G. Even if it's not using 5G. So it could be that. No clue though, you would think the addition of band 66 would help your data speeds?

On a side note, would you mind sharing your thoughts, summary, review, etc of using China ROM Vs Global in the US? Also have you flashed .EU on the China model?
Absolutely, China ROM was great, worked as intended. Obviously there was a lot more Chinese apps baked in. When you would try to do a search natively it would be in chinese, when you go to the left of your homescreen it wouldn't have the Google Discover page it would have their Chinese version. Once you remove all the extra apps, and disabled the battery optimization (for me) it was fine.

Global Version - right out of the box I'm a few versions behind, I think the latest for Global is 12.0.1. Wtih Global its extremely polished, the Google services baked in work great. It's definitely more intended for the USA/EU markets.

I did briefly test out the .EU rom. To me - that's where it's at. The extra features, the easy install. Everything worked great. Plus - it was on the latest version of MIUI. My only complain, was OTA didn't work. As easy as it is to run fastboot script, it would be just one more thing I'd have to do. Kind of like the old iOS days where you HAD to use iTunes.

I'm not very good with writing in-depth reviews, if you have an specific questions I'll do my best to answer.

sc954rr

Aug 25, 2015
NJ
Absolutely, China ROM was great, worked as intended. Obviously there was a lot more Chinese apps baked in. When you would try to do a search natively it would be in chinese, when you go to the left of your homescreen it wouldn't have the Google Discover page it would have their Chinese version. Once you remove all the extra apps, and disabled the battery optimization (for me) it was fine.

Global Version - right out of the box I'm a few versions behind, I think the latest for Global is 12.0.1. Wtih Global its extremely polished, the Google services baked in work great. It's definitely more intended for the USA/EU markets.

I did briefly test out the .EU rom. To me - that's where it's at. The extra features, the easy install. Everything worked great. Plus - it was on the latest version of MIUI. My only complain, was OTA didn't work. As easy as it is to run fastboot script, it would be just one more thing I'd have to do. Kind of like the old iOS days where you HAD to use iTunes.

I'm not very good with writing in-depth reviews, if you have an specific questions I'll do my best to answer.Do you notice
Do you notice any better cellular coverage with the band 66? Also with the extra n5 band have you ever connected to that here in the US? I am tempted to flash eu ROM on my CN version or sell it and buy the global version instead

acm1108

Jun 10, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Do you notice any better cellular coverage with the band 66? Also with the extra n5 band have you ever connected to that here in the US? I am tempted to flash eu ROM on my CN version or sell it and buy the global version instead

I don't think I've had enough time to answer this. Give me a week and I'll follow up.

I would have to get a cricket/att sim to test out band 5. if there's enough interest I'll get one.

Droidbullet

Aug 23, 2020
Anyone know where to buy Global version now? I know Wondamobile had it earlier but they are out now. Who else is selling global version?

Reactions: tv092983

-iHackerz-

Nov 16, 2013
Glina
Wonder why almost no shop so far sells the white global version. It's like it's the unicorn edition or something.

gavinfabl

Mar 23, 2005
Dartmoor
gavinsgadgets.com
Wonder why almost no shop so far sells the white global version. It's like it's the unicorn edition or something.
Stock shortages due to restrictions of getting all the components needed. White was most popular at launch , so now Xiaomi had just black predominately to shift. TBH I got black. Wanted white. But with a case fitted. Doesn’t matter.

Reactions: -iHackerz-

nono52

Jan 4, 2011
according to gsmarena this one should be brightest :) i have cheap mediatek oukitel for ~$100 that looks brighter and sounds louder :) how is brightness outdoors? with what phone did you compare?
I compare with my old phone the Huawei P20 pro and I be to say that at the level of quality and definition it is the day and the night but on the other hand for the luminosity, I find my Huawei is not so bad. For the lighting with the sun there are no worries the screen is clear and well visible but I expected more from a "Premium" phone

nono52

Jan 4, 2011
I bought the phone on Ali too. If I may, how much did u pay? What store? Where are you located? Did u pay any customs?
For the price 1200 usd on Xiaomi Mi Store, located in France next to Reims and i don't have pay any tax because the package arrived in the Netherlands at first and was transported to our public post office which then delivered it to me

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
You bought it from the same store I did. It is global version right? How long did it take to be delivered? I'm located in UK this is why I'm a bit worried about custom taxes. Store told me they will claim it as a 18$ handset but still custom may do a check and charge me for the actual value, finger crossed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    got my phone today
    175603180_2002121356605030_8806550703476120886_n.jpg
    Got my Mi 11 Ultra through from Wondamobile today. Dispatched last Friday, received this morning (with a one day delay in Paris).

For anyone interested in how the Chinese version (from Wonda) is:
    1. Google Play was indeed preinstalled
    2. Not much bloatware - 5-7 apps that I don't want / are in Chinese
    3. Already set to English language. Some Chinese characters on default keyboard, but I switched to SwiftKey, eliminating that
    4. Only Chinese element that I can't change is the search screen
    5. Google Pay / Banking Apps / Netflix etc... etc... seem to work perfectly (although I haven't paid for anything with GPay yet)
    6. Firmware wasn't the latest but updated to new version (which appeared to enable the rear screen viewfinder feature)
    Search function being in Chinese is the *only* annoyance of the Chinese version for me so far. Didn't realise the Chinese ROM would be this liveable with.
    ho pagato in giro 160$
    Guys if everybody starts speaking a different language then we got a problem here. I could speak german with some people here too but I don't cause not everybody speaks it.
    lucky you! how is it on T-Mobile in the US? my concern was the lack of band 66, but has it been an issue? do you notice slower speeds with the 11 ultra?
    Broo forget about 66 !!! Is old band. Im getting 5G everywhere. I repeat lmao everywhere. In bad reception area I'm getting LTE with better speed than Snapdragon 865 Plus lool
    Im on TMobile US.
    Got my one ! Chinese variant on US Tmobile !
    Lmao all the time 5G. I was worry about it pfff