Question Where to download the global firmware for Xiaomi ipad 5 pro?

Search This thread

skyneli

Last summer I bought a tablet from China, but since I am a Russian user, it is not convenient for me to use the tablet because of some parts of the interface in Chinese.

On the official Xiaomi website, I found only the Chinese version, but why would I reinstall what is already on the tablet.

Please help me find the global firmware for the tablet. I will be very grateful to you!

as I understand it, there are no firmware on tablets.

then another question. if I download the global firmware to a regular xiaomi mi pad 5, will it work and how will it affect the tablet?
NO it is not compitabel! You will brick it. If you have unlocked bootloader. And, Magisk root could maybe be required. Then you could take a look around for Treble gsi Roms. I like Crdroid. But best to test with pure aosp made by phh :)

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
@skyneli
From reading many posts on XDA forum about Mi Pad Pro including 5G model, there is no Global firmware for the Pro model. Only Chinese firmware available. MIUI that comes with Chinese firmware will have English and Chinese languages only.

But as long as the firmware works well, you can flash GSI ROMs which is pure Android system with customizable features including all the languages.

Or you can wait longer for Custom ROMs that some developers may create for the community. If you are new to this, you can google tutorials of how to flash GSI ROMs on treble support devices.

FYI I bought Mi Pad Pro 5G Chinese model but not arrive yet. I have no done anything about this device yet.

dnsco

Jun 18, 2010
@skyneli
From reading many posts on XDA forum about Mi Pad Pro including 5G model, there is no Global firmware for the Pro model. Only Chinese firmware available. MIUI that comes with Chinese firmware will have English and Chinese languages only.

But as long as the firmware works well, you can flash GSI ROMs which is pure Android system with customizable features including all the languages.

Or you can wait longer for Custom ROMs that some developers may create for the community. If you are new to this, you can google tutorials of how to flash GSI ROMs on treble support devices.

FYI I bought Mi Pad Pro 5G Chinese model but not arrive yet. I have no done anything about this device yet.
Hello, consult. I have a "my pad 5 pro" with keyboard and pencil. in case of installing a "GSI ROM" will I be able to use the keyboard and the pencil?

siamese007

Oct 8, 2017
Bangkok
Hello, consult. I have a "my pad 5 pro" with keyboard and pencil. in case of installing a "GSI ROM" will I be able to use the keyboard and the pencil?

@dnsco For bluetooth keyboard, yes you can still use it with GSI ROM. But magnetic and pencil, I don't think so. Because these 2 probably need system that supports or activates them.

Mine is Mi Pad 5 Pro 5G but don't have any other accessories like keyboard and pencil. So I have not tested them on GSI ROMs. But stay on MIUI original ROMs or custom ROMs that are made for your model is the best choice. I flashed GSI ROM on my device and got sound problems. So I returned to MIUI 13 A11 stable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Xiaomi pen doesn't work on any GSI. It's a massive drawback. I don't have the keyboard so I don't know... but my guess is the same pessimism.