Question Where to find a boot.img for [Maltose]?

Search This thread

armaldon

Jan 30, 2011
I made the mistake of reading that the firmware is the same for all three 10S models, and accidentally flashed the wrong magisk-patched boot.img.

Now, to fix my phone i Need to flash the original boot.img, but I can't find online the ROM for the Maltose variant.

Anyone can help?

armaldon

Jan 30, 2011
I was able to find a dump of the file from here. And though that fixed my boot issue (note: the dump says it's for MIUI V12.5.14.0, whereas my phone has version V12.5.13), I still can't get root because when I patch that file with Magisk, and flash it via fastboot, it doesn't boot, and goes to FastBoot until I reflash the original.

So, the question now is, where can I find a patched boot.img for [Maltose]?

Since there's nearly no threads regarding Maltose, it might be best to leave this thread here for future reference of other users.

J6idot

Feb 3, 2019
Italy
Samsung Galaxy J6
Redmi Note 10S
I was able to find a dump of the file from here. And though that fixed my boot issue (note: the dump says it's for MIUI V12.5.14.0, whereas my phone has version V12.5.13), I still can't get root because when I patch that file with Magisk, and flash it via fastboot, it doesn't boot, and goes to FastBoot until I reflash the original.

So, the question now is, where can I find a patched boot.img for [Maltose]?

Since there's nearly no threads regarding Maltose, it might be best to leave this thread here for future reference of other users.
maltose is rosemary

armaldon

Jan 30, 2011
Okay, that seems correct. I downloaded the RoseMary IMG version 12.5.13.0 and extracted the boot.img file, after flashing it on my device's boot A & B partitions, it does boot correctly.

I am still having issues rooting my phone, but I guess that's a different issue and requires it's own topic.