• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Where's the app to transfer data?

Search This thread

ptpeetee

Jan 3, 2006
London
I just got my Mi 10 t pro after buying it in the singles day sales. I can't for the life of me find the app that I would use to transfer data (contacts, sms, photos at a push). I'm upgrading from an HTC U11. Googling for an answer suggests MiMover which isn't on the Xiaomi and can't be found in the Play store (from UK). ShareMe on the Mi 10 t pro has a "Mi Mover" icon inside it, but when I install Xiaomi ShareMe on the HTC, the MiMover icon isn't there.
Google backup doesn't work for me on the HTC (it shows "waiting to backup" which is possibly because the phone is encrypted).
Exporting my contacts on the HTC gave me a vef file which the Xiaomi doesn't recognise. Exporting my sms gave me an .hbk file which the xiaomi doesn't recognise.

Any clues / pointers would be welcome.
Thanks, PT

ptpeetee

Jan 3, 2006
London
Answering my own question here:
The .vef file exported from my HTC is an encrypted vcf file. I was able to re-export this as a vcf and trasfer the file to the Xiaomi separately.
I then used SMS backup and recover to tranfer across sms and call logs.
I'm still shocked that I couldn't find / figure out the Xiaomi app to get this job done.
PT

nazhai

May 25, 2020
Sorry for the delayed reply. If you want to back up data on your Android phone to the computer easily, my suggestion is Coolmuster Android Backup Manager. Its free backup function can help us back up data like contacts, text messages, call logs, videos, music, photos, apps, ebooks from your Android phone to the computer via USB cable connecting easily. If you still has such problem, please try it. And hope it will work well on your phone.