Which 3rd Party Charger

MeisterGigi

Sep 10, 2010
Hi,

i am just wondering, which Charger should i buy for the S21 Ultra, as i need more, i would buy them not from samsung. Do you have recommendations?

Corlan

Jan 20, 2011
I have the wireless pad that was a freebie with the watch a while back - I'm hoping that will do the job in the day and I'll just use an old one for overnight charging - speed is not of the essence.

MeisterGigi

Sep 10, 2010
Ah cool.
Sometimes during the day i am happy to charge it quick fast, but mostly i also dont careabout the speed, especially overnight.

gtuansdiamm

Nov 15, 2010
New York
You can never go wrong with an anker charger but if you can buy from samsung i would recommend their 25w charger. Samsung recently reduced the price of the charger and if anything ever goes wrong with your phone samsung can no longer blame the charger.

karandevilocs

Dec 6, 2010
i bought this 120w GaN Baseus and both charger and my S21 Ultra came today, i tested the charger with couple of outlets and cables but after couple second of "SUPER FAST CHARGIN" it reverts back to "Fast Charging" ,

its a shame cause i really loved the charger despite the noise it made and i wanted it for my future laptop too which supports 100w PD ,

i have to return it and get the normal one that samsung offering, samsung should've kept the chargers this year...

hope i didn't damaged my brand new phone by connecting and disconnecting it around 20 times :(

Tmel14

Oct 19, 2014
I have a 45W USB-C port as part of an Anker PowerPort and also the 18W charger that came with my Pixel 5. Would I notice much of an improvement in charging speed or long term longevity of the battery by purchasing Samsung's 25W charger?

mike.jr

Sep 19, 2019
I have a 45W USB-C port as part of an Anker PowerPort and also the 18W charger that came with my Pixel 5. Would I notice much of an improvement in charging speed or long term longevity of the battery by purchasing Samsung's 25W charger?
You can get the maximum charging speed from the 45W Anker PowerPort. And the 18W charger would give you decent charging speed as well. When it comes to charging S21, there's no difference between the 45W Anker and Samsung's 25W charger. And I doubt there's much difference between the 18W and 25W charger.

peterg21

Dec 9, 2011
Where did you get it for this price? I know you said Samsung but I've never seen it this cheap.
I do not know where he lives but here is a screenshot from the Canadian Samsung.ca site. I would think in the US it would have the same discount and be even cheaper.

Edit: Looking at his part number, I would guess he is in Canada too.

Samsung 2021-02-01 193127.jpg

Last edited:

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I had to buy another fast charger the other day because of a failing 25 watt brick or cable for my 10+; Fast charging is erratic.
The Samsung 25 brick/cable can be had for under $20.
It's known to work.
I nixed the 45 watt because it likely will decrease battery life and charges only marginally faster.
A working 25 watt brick charges at about 2% a minute which is fine. I go with 20-30% midrange charges so a 10-15 minute break is good.