Which american S5 is compatible with Canadian W8?

Search This thread

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I've searched for the answers to this to some extent. I had the S3 which was compatible with the AT&T 747, but the question is, is there a compatible US model for the S5? Can I flash stock ROMS for the G or F, say?

mustardman29234r

Nov 26, 2014
I've searched for the answers to this to some extent. I had the S3 which was compatible with the AT&T 747, but the question is, is there a compatible US model for the S5? Can I flash stock ROMS for the G or F, say?

I believe you want a phone that supports 1700Mhz and 2600Mhz which is band 4 and 7. That covers the 3 amigos (bell, telus, rogers).

Looking at the Galaxy s5 specs that would be G900A (At&t), G900M(Vodafone), G900T (Tmobile).

I would post the links but this site won't let me.

Supposedly all s5's have a fully populated radio so only limitation if any is firmware anyways and there are procedures on this site how to change that now. So in theory any s5 can be made to work. If not please correct me.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSC

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
I do recall that when 4.3 started leaking for the s3 there was bootloader issues that made them very unfriendly together between AT&T and Canadian. Does anyone know if these bootloaders are still an issue?

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 5
Wow it really is amazing how many people DON'T search or have any urge in their mind to find out the answers themselves. If you'd of just searched the boards instead of making this thread you would have your answer, but that would be too easy I guess so why not get spoon fed??

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster
Wow it really is amazing how many people DON'T search or have any urge in their mind to find out the answers themselves. If you'd of just searched the boards instead of making this thread you would have your answer, but that would be too easy I guess so why not get spoon fed??

He you condescending prick. I've helped countless people around here. My thanks to posts ratio is about triple yours. So yeah, I read. And for once in years i took the lazy way. So feel free to take your head out your ass look at my profile and see the countless people I've helped along the way, and just answer the fu(king question instead of being a pompous douche. Unless of course you don't know sh!t and just wanna roll through finding the easy troll posts.
So at any time, feel free to be part of the XDA community for what it is and assist someone instead of being a ****.

ragz

You are safe to flash all CUSTOM 900f roms (Non Odin Flashable) .

You can only flash 900w8 STOCK ROMS (Odin flashable)

As for Bootloaders, you can only flash 900w8 variants, for example,my carrier is Sask tel, but I use the latest Puerto Rico bootloader and it's no problem. So as long as its for a 900w8 it should be OK. Always double check to make sure any advise given is accurate and you don't pay the price. Just saying..

SM-G900W8, 0x1

Last edited:
Reactions: BCSC

BCSC

Nov 5, 2009
New Westminster

As for Bootloaders, you can only flash 900w8 variants, for example,my carrier is Sask tel, but I use the latest Puerto Rico bootloader and it's no problem. So as long as its for a 900w8 it should be OK. Always double check to make sure any advise given is accurate and you don't pay the price. Just saying..

SM-G900W8, 0x1

Thank you good sir.

Reactions: ragz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I believe you want a phone that supports 1700Mhz and 2600Mhz which is band 4 and 7. That covers the 3 amigos (bell, telus, rogers).

Looking at the Galaxy s5 specs that would be G900A (At&t), G900M(Vodafone), G900T (Tmobile).

I would post the links but this site won't let me.

Supposedly all s5's have a fully populated radio so only limitation if any is firmware anyways and there are procedures on this site how to change that now. So in theory any s5 can be made to work. If not please correct me.

SM-G900W8, 0x1

SM-G900W8, 0x1

Thank you good sir.