Which cell is just as good as the 20x mate?

Search This thread

BigDisplay

Unfortunately true, aspect 19.5x9 or new 20x9 is killing size, 6.7inch samsung a70 or op 7 pro have real size of old 16x9 phone 6 inch. This is nothing.
I think also that they kill 7 inch products to make space for foldable phones which costs few times more...
But still I hope Huawei will make 30x! Not just hope, but really think it is real.
I pray for a 30X to, but dont believe it will come because of the 20X 5g version.

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
Unfortunately true, aspect 19.5x9 or new 20x9 is killing size, 6.7inch samsung a70 or op 7 pro have real size of old 16x9 phone 6 inch. This is nothing.
I think also that they kill 7 inch products to make space for foldable phones which costs few times more...
But still I hope Huawei will make 30x! Not just hope, but really think it is real.
Agree in my post I meant to say "Instead WE get 6.6 or 6.7 phones with elongated aspect ratios..."..that we are stuck with these ridiculous formats... We now have a 3 to 1 (almost) on the one plus 7 or one those new ones.

Edit

Right now the 20x is only alive through the 5g version (whose 5g bands don't apply in the U.S anyway)...basically no new version but then it was only released on October. However, I suspect the 7.2 era is coming to an end...maybe a 3 to 1 ratio 7.2 inch phone lol

Last edited:

BigDisplay

Agree in my post I meant to say "Instead WE get 6.6 or 6.7 phones with elongated aspect ratios..."..that we are stuck with these ridiculous formats... We now have a 3 to 1 (almost) on the one plus 7 or one those new ones.

Edit

Right now the 20x is only alive through the 5g version (whose 5g bands don't apply in the U.S anyway)...basically no new version but then it was only released on October. However, I suspect the 7.2 era is coming to an end...maybe a 3 to 1 ratio 7.2 inch phone lol
Yeah Huawei had the Honor 8X max, Honor Note 10 and Huawei Mate 20X, 3 pcs of the big ones, i could personally live with a Honor note 11, if this was a possibility. For me Note 10 was a really good phone, 8X max i never really use, because i had the other ones.

Reactions: mac231us

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
All rumors suggesting that will be no mate 30x in mate 30 series... Unfortunately... This have sense because 30x 5g appeared recently. Also, no one (read: xiaomi max 4), has offer mega sized phone this year, so mate 20x is still king of savanna...
I d like if wrong, but....

BigDisplay

All rumors suggesting that will be no mate 30x in mate 30 series... Unfortunately... This have sense because 30x 5g appeared recently. Also, no one (read: xiaomi max 4), has offer mega sized phone this year, so mate 20x is still king of savanna...
I d like if wrong, but....
True and very sad BUT Honor still have their MAX and ever better tgeir Note serue i read yesterday.
I will always pick a Mate ofc, but for me im happy i still have a choice if i want a new toy.
I had the 8x max and note 10 and i loved Note 10.
But a Note11 will then be with our m20x Kirin 980 soooo... But never know. I had the mm3 to and note 10 was much better in my opinion, so i prefer the n11 vs the mm4, so for me idc they dont release the mm4.

I still dream of a huge display phone with 16:9 like my old zenfone 3 ultra, amazing phone.

Yeahh life's hard [emoji1787]

Last edited:

BigDisplay

I could not attached the Mate 30 X info picture in my last post, so here it goes.

They also wrote "The Mate 30 X is also expected to get a bigger display compared to 7.2-inch display in Mate 20 X."

Only one thing to say AWESOME!!!

[emoji1305] Screenshot_20190824_091148_com.android.chrome.jpg

Last edited:

ivanox1972

Sep 26, 2011
For me, this is interesting only if screen is 7.5inch...
Otherwise, why to change?
And, remember, no Google stuff.

Reactions: perrotote

z1c_wh

Nov 26, 2016
www.kimovil.com
I'm back to my 3rd Mate 20X model, I don't care bout the ban mostly because I love top range phablets and there's no competitors over 7'' in its ground (and I wonder why).
This one also is semi-bordless too.
I admit that sometimes I would more portability but a huge display has other advantages

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
I've not found another phone with an active stylus aside from the Galaxy Notes. And their battery life sucks and after having the 8 and 9, I've decided the curved edges were a waste of precious screen space.

So until something else comes along, the Mate 20 X rules. I just wish there was a case that had room for the M Pen and also at least covered all the edges properly to give it some protection.

BigDisplay

I've not found another phone with an active stylus aside from the Galaxy Notes. And their battery life sucks and after having the 8 and 9, I've decided the curved edges were a waste of precious screen space.

So until something else comes along, the Mate 20 X rules. I just wish there was a case that had room for the M Pen and also at least covered all the edges properly to give it some protection.
There is a case for the pen... I hate it, it's all to wide.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/myXINCDK

Send from my EVR-L29 (636) med Tapatalk
View attachment 4839633

Last edited:

joebongo

Jun 8, 2005
I have that case and am using it at the moment.

It is wide and also exposes the edges to damage which I don't like. I wish there were another one with closed edges but it seems to be the only case there is that takes the pen.

BigDisplay

I have that case and am using it at the moment.

It is wide and also exposes the edges to damage which I don't like. I wish there were another one with closed edges but it seems to be the only case there is that takes the pen.
Yes it's really, really strange someone never makes another case for the M20X.

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Yes it's really, really strange someone never makes another case for the M20X.

I like the official Huawei case with exposed sides... I took my glass screen protector off about 3 months ago too. I am careful to not put it in the same pocket as my keys and other stuff - I always keep the phone in my right pocket. Surprised how bloody durable it has been, but have always been lucky and quick enough to soften drops etc with foot or other appendage.

balathegame

Mar 2, 2011
Nothing Phone 2
I am torn about mate 20 x the battery screen audio and camera is next to none but lack of android development is glaring absence. we don't have many options I tried rog phone 2 camera is meh, red magic 3s (
speakers are not just good). I guess there is no phone in market which can replace M20X

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I could not attached the Mate 30 X info picture in my last post, so here it goes.

They also wrote "The Mate 30 X is also expected to get a bigger display compared to 7.2-inch display in Mate 20 X."

Only one thing to say AWESOME!!!

[emoji1305]Screenshot_20190824_091148_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Hi guys,

What other phone is just as good as the 20x ?
    Answer is really simple : NONE.

Please don't get me wrong : I am by no means a Huawei/Honor fan.
    Quite the opposite...

But let's face it : what other manufacturer offer a display that is close or above 7" ?
    Answer here is really simple : there are only 2.5 manufacturers doing this :
    - Xiaomi with the mi Max 3 ;
    - Honor with the Note 10 and 8x Max ;
    - Huawei with the Mate 20x.

Compare the 20x with the mi Max 3 and the Honor 8x max is of course not a question. They're simply not playing in the same league.
    One may say whatever he wants about the Kirin SoC, but comparing a Kirin 980 with e snapdragon 636 is just not fair.
    And comparing an IPS display with an OLED one isn't a fair comparison either.

So that leaves the Honor Note 10.
    But it may have the same issues as Huawei. about Android.

And to make things clear : the developlment of Android has been halted to Huawei.
    But :
    - that doesn't mean that the past is getting rid off ; so if the phone is working right now, it will continue to work right after...
    - Huawei still has access to the free source aosp and has enough power to continue to offer some updates based on that. And honestly : who is buying Huawei for the frequent updates ? You want a phone that is updated constantly ? There's only one manufacturer to go : Xiaomi... monthly updates for all their phones.

Just my own thoughts and expressing a personal opinion. I don't try to force my views on this upon any member of this community. So please, do not flame me if you disagree...

Regards.
    I had all 4 phones, now i only have the M20X which is so much better the the other 3.
    Then comes Note 10, Mi max 3 and 8X max.
    And im satisfied as it is, so i can live with it 1 year more if.
    I just hope Ark OS soon will be released, im ready to support that vs Trump/US/Google/Android no matter what. This fake president shall not decide my choice of phone.
    Ohhh yeah, there will be a Mate 30 X.
    Was the best news for me this morning [emoji3]

I wrote about it on the Huaweicentral site [emoji1303]
    Even if I am upset about Huawei system update policies, I've never been so comfortable with a phone before (well, maybe the Ascend Mate 7).
    - The REAL dual speakers are incredibly outstanding. My wife ditched the iPad Mini-bluetooth speaker pair to start watching anything video-related on my 20X with me. We are really impressed.
    - Speaking of multimedia, the screen is simply gorgeous.
    - I hadn't ANY issue with ANY game. Period. I know the 855 is all around the news today, but this Kirin is nowhere behind. It flies.
    - Calls are loud and crisp, seomthing which is really important for me.
    - We have an LG Smart TV with webOS. It took me like 1 minute to launch the desktop from the 20X. I've tested it a couple of times, but I think this feature is something I will start using more frequently in the future, for sure.
    - One of the best cameras around, even in night mode. No, no GCam needed, it does its work effortlessly and fluidly, something every frigging flagship camera should do (and not every one of them do).

Even if I only get security patches for the rest of its life, I'm keeping this beauty for a LONG time.