• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Which firmware to downgrade to for performance/usability

Search This thread

heatti

May 6, 2012
At this point I have given up on Android Q on this device and I'm having problems to decide which firmware version to downgrade to. I don't need latest bells and whistles, I like my phone plain and simple with no lags/freezes and minimal amount of bugs. I was overall happy sitting on latest Pie update, but Im not sure if performance was better on latest Oreo firmware since it has been such a long time.
What are your takes on this? Should I go for latest Pie or Oreo firmware?

andraslate

Feb 13, 2016
At this point I have given up on Android Q on this device and I'm having problems to decide which firmware version to downgrade to. I don't need latest bells and whistles, I like my phone plain and simple with no lags/freezes and minimal amount of bugs. I was overall happy sitting on latest Pie update, but Im not sure if performance was better on latest Oreo firmware since it has been such a long time.
What are your takes on this? Should I go for latest Pie or Oreo firmware?

If I would go back to 9 (pie) I would try to find the version which still had the dt2w function. There's 2 different display version of mi a2 lite and because of that they figured it's easier just to remove the function and push out 1 update that fits both version rather than working on 2 separate update just for 1 phone model.

Last edited:

heatti

May 6, 2012
If I would go back to 9 (pie) I would try to find the version which still had the dt2w function. There's 2 different screen version of mi a2 lite and because of that they figured it's easier just to remove the function and push out 1 update that fits both version rather than working on 2 separate update just for 1 phone model.
I'm pretty sure my phone has a screen without dt2w function anyway. If dt2w function is on by default, then it should work here on android Q as well unless they disabled it universally? Because here I am, tapping on the screen and its not waking up and never has before either :p
Thanks for your quick answer. So I should be looking at flashing V10.0.20.0, it seems to be the last Pie firmware looking from here.

Last edited: