which galaxy note 5 to buy to work on At&t?

Search This thread

garyd9

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
More ipv6 info:

On a n920i variant, on LTE with the proper APN changes made, I'm only showing an IPv4 address in settings AND with a third party tool for checking ipv6.

Being that I'm not even getting a link local IPv6 on LTE, I'm pretty sure that this is something the firmware is doing (and not something from AT&T.) If nothing else, it's interesting.

Oh, and for those interested, the "i" and "c" models both work on AT&T LTE bands 2, 4, and 17. I haven't been in an area that supports LTE band 5 on AT&T (and I no longer have the "c" model to test with.)

However, neither model supports bands 29 (used as a supplemental d/l-only band in some bandwidth congested areas) or 30 (WCS - Newly being deployed, probably only used in the most dense areas and even then only in specific areas... band 30 doesn't propagate very well.).

Edit:

IPv6 is disabled for LTE due to a kernel setting. This can likely be changed on a rooted device by:
Code:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/rmnet0/disable_ipv6

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More ipv6 info:

On a n920i variant, on LTE with the proper APN changes made, I'm only showing an IPv4 address in settings AND with a third party tool for checking ipv6.

Being that I'm not even getting a link local IPv6 on LTE, I'm pretty sure that this is something the firmware is doing (and not something from AT&T.) If nothing else, it's interesting.

Oh, and for those interested, the "i" and "c" models both work on AT&T LTE bands 2, 4, and 17. I haven't been in an area that supports LTE band 5 on AT&T (and I no longer have the "c" model to test with.)

However, neither model supports bands 29 (used as a supplemental d/l-only band in some bandwidth congested areas) or 30 (WCS - Newly being deployed, probably only used in the most dense areas and even then only in specific areas... band 30 doesn't propagate very well.).

Edit:

IPv6 is disabled for LTE due to a kernel setting. This can likely be changed on a rooted device by:
    Code:
    echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/rmnet0/disable_ipv6
    My 920I has been flawless on att since I got it 3 weeks ago.

Got mine early today, been using it for the past few hours.

I can confirm, with the AT&T Nextgenphone APN, the phone is blazing fast!

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

What web site is that?

Sent from my SM-N920P using XDA Free mobile app

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to link to external sites, so apologies if I'm in the wrong...

The website is: http://www.willmyphonework.net/

Hope that helps
    My 920I has been flawless on att since I got it 3 weeks ago.
    I ordered the 920i for At&t. Getting it Friday.

One reason I picked that was that there is already a root, custom kernel and rom 4 it.?

What can I say I'm a flashaholic.

The other reason was at the time the choice was the 920i , 9208, 920T.

The 920T was missing one of the LTE Bands.
    The 9208 is a dual sim and some of the roms are breaking the 2nd sim functionality

Hope this helps.
    As to the signal not being as good as the AT&T branded phones there is no way around it. AT&T gives cell tower priority to their devices.