Question Which GCAM distro/dev, and is it really better than stock ?

Search This thread

bundy2

Sep 18, 2017
Hey Lister, just came a cross your thread and remembered my old self few months back when I was in the same situation. So I just bought Redmi note 11 after using my LG G3 as a daily driver since 2015. That poor fella got admitted in ICU and eventually passed away RIP lol 😢🪦
Anyways, long story short, Im using this Gcam on my Note11 android 12 stable beta.
It also works fine on eu.
The results are just mind blowing as you can see how this photo was rendered despite of low lighting and 2x zoom.
Install the apk from here :
And select English, if you are using any gcam version delete that first, then lunch the app and allow all the permissions, now double tap in the same location that I've mentioned in the screenshot and slect the xml config file that I've given here or get it from this link :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oup9zmuD5fyI-LrlaZs4NsjgeFA3MkDV/view?usp=drivesdk
Boom you are good and there is so need to customize anything.
A little note; If you wanna capture micro shots then do not use this gcam port, instead use the stock camera as it displays the picture upside down lol. I have tried to solve this issue with my own configs but failed alas!! Rest is all good to go.
Also use google photos for extra stunning tunning of photos.
I hope this would help.
Peace 🫴💕
This is the best camera for Redmi note 11, Thanks Notclawgenius. I Use pixelplusui Rom

Reactions: NotClawGenius

The Mero

Dec 18, 2014
Redmi Note 11
Nothing happening on 4pda or telegram , all the usual stuff .. what is the best gcam , useless XMLs . I've got a brick wall with bigkaka , photos are coming out great but there's an orange / brownish tint that I can't get rid of at all . Been all over WB / CT tuning and can't fix it 😔

Dayuser

Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
Nothing happening on 4pda or telegram , all the usual stuff .. what is the best gcam , useless XMLs . I've got a brick wall with bigkaka , photos are coming out great but there's an orange / brownish tint that I can't get rid of at all . Been all over WB / CT tuning and can't fix it 😔
Have you tried LMC gcam?

Link to latest LMC R13 or download telegram.

Reactions: The Mero

The Mero

Dec 18, 2014
Redmi Note 11
Have you tried LMC gcam?

Link to latest LMC R13 or download telegram.
I think I have but I'll try it again . bigkaka v9 gives really good fine detail with the pixel 6 HDR & noise models plus spatial merging , just that damn brown tint won't go 😄

The Mero

Dec 18, 2014
Redmi Note 11
Tried other models and pixel 6 gives the best detail . The rest look too soft , and sharpening does nothing . Plus Sabre only works on Sony sensors from what I've been told , well works better if that's what they meant

The Mero

Dec 18, 2014
Redmi Note 11
Even shooting with default settings on gcam it has the tint. Shane really cause the photos look lovely . That's cropped to 4mp too . I know we're having a dry spell but it looks apocalyptic 😂

AGC_20220811_155750941-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Dayuser

Jun 26, 2016
Moto G7 Power
Tried other models and pixel 6 gives the best detail . The rest look too soft , and sharpening does nothing . Plus Sabre only works on Sony sensors from what I've been told , well works better if that's what they meant
Not true. Sabre works all snadragon phones..

I mean others than sony sensors. Most of the phones does use sony sensor. This one of course use Samsung JN1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All,

I've temporarily stopped looking for a GCAM at the moment, until something better/stable comes along... I've resorted to the latest Stock Camera as I feel that produces very good shorts, especially if tweaked with Snapseed afterwards.... stunning to say the least.

However, whilst looking around at other random apps, came across this thread... One of the posters has the same phone as us, and is looking for that holy grail GCAM. Worth keeping an eye on... ;-)

Cheers, Lister
    2 pix with the latest BSG.. 1st is stock and 2nd gcam , I think gcam still looks a bit soft but hopefully he'll add libpatcher to a future release then we can tinker a bit more .

View attachment 5718529
    View attachment 5718533
    Hi @The Mero ,

Wow, never thought I'd turn into Gordon Ramsey, but it's "clear, night and day" (there, did it... classic saying) that GCam is waaaaay better than stock with that example. Everything is way better....

Clarity/Brightness
    Detail
    Colour

And I thought my stock cam took good shorts, that example does show how good...

As said, I was really impressed with the night shots I took when originally downloaded. Still not had any day time shots yet... lol. Went out after work the other day, straight from work went home and straight out again for family occasion/meal. By time came out, it was dark as we waited around cars.... Took some night sure, and wow... so clear, so bright...

Yeah I hope there is some LibPatcher in future releases....

But as you said, whack those that need a bost into Snapseed afterwards... wow, that really really makes a difference.... Have you played around with the "Pop" settings??? the details in those shots, its like its a completely different photo...

-- darn it, called away again before finishing....

Cheers, Lister
    The latest version of BSG GCam really does look the best at the moment.
    Hi guys,

I'm sure you're checking daily too, a new build of the classic BSG distro.... sadly still no support for additional lenses yet. Pity can't enable them ourselves... :(

Also, no 'manual' stablizer options on video, just a one style fits all.... I like the option where you pick the stablization method, based on style of filming, jerking ;-) or quick action shots... rather than... 'enabled' ;) lol.

Not had chance to test, other than night time recording in low light. Must say it did handle that very well, both light, clarity and stablized...

Cheers, Lister
    howdy lister 😊

yeah i picked up one to in the week , note 11in argos for £169 ( 4/128) . i dropped my x3 nfc and the touch screen developed a mind of its own 😒

right first the image tuning options you mentioned are in google photos , you may have turned on use 3rd party gallery app in which case it will use a different one . so just turn it off again and should use google photos again ( if you haven't disabled it ) . i use google snapseed to edit photos , and its free .

as for the camera it looks like you've done the same as me and tried every version there is lol . I'm no expert with the settings but I've learned how to change a few reading various bits n bobs . at the minute I'm playing with MTSL v7.2 . its pretty much the same as every other version you'll try , ya cant get rid of that overall image softness . I've read a few comments covering various xiaomi phones saying it seems to be an issue no matter which phone or version you try . so for now i suppose we'll have to put up with the soft pix , but night photos are pretty decent , actually absolutely brilliant compared to stock app

and on the plus side the video looks a lot better i think , can shoot 1080p @ 60fps and the blurriness seems to have disappeared when you pan quickly . plus the overall detail seems to have improved too compared to the stock camera app.

i'll try and upload my xml ( never done it before ) , have a play with it and see what ya think 😊
    Hi BobHumphrey & The Mero,

Apologies, as mentioned, I can't remember if I did it via the built in System App Updater, found under Settings... and it alerted me that there was there was an app update for the Camera... Or whether it was another App. As the System App Updater is seemless and just does it by tapping on the app. Where as the other methods requiring downloading the app and then installing afterwards.

It could be the "MIUI Downloader" where it tells you about your phone, what Android OS versions its eligible to receive (Android 13 apparently, but not for another year at least I suspect... lol). It also tells you what roms are available, what news, what apps are updatable and all that jazz... It may of been there, that I saw it... However the MUIU seems to use APKMirror as source to download from, which as mentioned I am sure the other was seemless and did it within itself. However using the MUIU it tells you what version you're on and what the latest is....

I just took a 50mp photo of my bed sheets (boy, I live in the fast lane.... lol) and I must say was impressed with the detail when zooming in... Super sharp and clear... Nowt wrong with the camera !!!

Hmmm, now my stock cam is 4.3, and I cannot find out how to update it.

Right then Lister .. go into settings / SIM cards and network / tap on the SIM that your using ( if your using 2 of em so it for both ) and scroll down to make calls using WiFi at the bottom and knock it Off . Plus I've got almost 6 hours of sot after playing about with the phone since yesterday , installing , uninstalling, 2 hours of YouTube , messaging and still got 45% battery left . I wonder if yours hasn't got a duff battery ?

Yeah my stock cam is 4.3 too , no updates for it anywhere , only way I could see to update it is to use a ripped APK .. and we don't wanna be doing that do we .

Ah thank you, it would appear I have already turned it off...? :( As just gone there, and it was off already. However the other day I noticed it said "Vo LTE" in status bar, even when I hadn't tinkered with that for a while, so it's like it's still selecting/using it. So I turned it back on, went into it and said I prefer Mobile Network over WiFi and then disabled it again... just in case it's sticking somewhere...

Oh god, I hope I don't have a flakey battery. I mean, the phone is barely a month old at moment... and I've installed various stuff on it. Guess will have to backup/wipe and re-test with basic apps. I don't think I've overloaded it with too much [email protected] Allegedly it says I've installed 90 odd apps myself... is that too much?? How many Apps do you guys have installed?

Perhaps I am expecting too much, not being realistic enough?? I'll do some tests and see how quick it is to drop like a percentage.... It just feels like within a minute or two it drops a percent, and so on... literally see the battery drain... :( I just had visions of tapping away, and see drain slowly like every 15 mins or so...

Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-12-31-159_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-16-18-584_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-14-25-088_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-16-27-655_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-15-25-374_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg

I don't know if the above pictures help at all, I don't really understand what it's saying, whether this is normal and within spec....?

Cheers, Lister
    Updated my bigkaka v9 agc , video now works at 30 & 60 fps . Slow Mo crashes the app so don't even bother trying it . Plus the focus seems to hunt a lot when shooting at 60fps , but it's fine at 30 . But at least it's working 😊
    Hi Guys,

So I picked one of these phones up recently and treated myself to a phone upgrade. I must say, so far I am extremely pleased and impressed with the device so far. It's fast, feature packed, all what I expected and more. First time with a MIUI device and must say I like it.

However one of the constant criticism of a phone in this class, is the camera quality and everyone saying to use GCam.

I've tried many different distro's, builds and version of GCam and starting to confuse myself now... So just wondered which one you guys use, that offers best results and least likely to crash. As noticed a lot don't like the video section...

I've used: Arnova8G2, BSG, MTSL, MWP, Nikita... among many others. And must say I find BSG the most effective and reliable, but still the occasional crash.

So which one do you use, and why...??

Also, the stock camera doesn't seem that bad... I tried it on a couple of things today and expected bad results, but thought they fine...

Lastly, with the GCam mods, one of them seemed to be fully enabled/unlocked, but can't seem to find that now. One of the features I liked was the after effects of touching up images. I believe the settings were, Auto/Enhance, *Dynamic*, Vivid, Warm and Cold filters. Dynamic is the one I want to use as this looked really good, however everytime I see it now it says I need a "Google 1" subscription to use it, which I didnt previously... any ideas?

Cheers, Lister
    Hey Lister, just came a cross your thread and remembered my old self few months back when I was in the same situation. So I just bought Redmi note 11 after using my LG G3 as a daily driver since 2015. That poor fella got admitted in ICU and eventually passed away RIP lol 😢🪦
    Anyways, long story short, Im using this Gcam on my Note11 android 12 stable beta.
    It also works fine on eu.
    The results are just mind blowing as you can see how this photo was rendered despite of low lighting and 2x zoom.
    Install the apk from here :
    And select English, if you are using any gcam version delete that first, then lunch the app and allow all the permissions, now double tap in the same location that I've mentioned in the screenshot and slect the xml config file that I've given here or get it from this link :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oup9zmuD5fyI-LrlaZs4NsjgeFA3MkDV/view?usp=drivesdk
    Boom you are good and there is so need to customize anything.
    A little note; If you wanna capture micro shots then do not use this gcam port, instead use the stock camera as it displays the picture upside down lol. I have tried to solve this issue with my own configs but failed alas!! Rest is all good to go.
    Also use google photos for extra stunning tunning of photos.
    I hope this would help.
    Peace 🫴💕
    Hi Guys,

So I picked one of these phones up recently and treated myself to a phone upgrade. I must say, so far I am extremely pleased and impressed with the device so far. It's fast, feature packed, all what I expected and more. First time with a MIUI device and must say I like it.

However one of the constant criticism of a phone in this class, is the camera quality and everyone saying to use GCam.

I've tried many different distro's, builds and version of GCam and starting to confuse myself now... So just wondered which one you guys use, that offers best results and least likely to crash. As noticed a lot don't like the video section...

I've used: Arnova8G2, BSG, MTSL, MWP, Nikita... among many others. And must say I find BSG the most effective and reliable, but still the occasional crash.

So which one do you use, and why...??

Also, the stock camera doesn't seem that bad... I tried it on a couple of things today and expected bad results, but thought they fine...

Lastly, with the GCam mods, one of them seemed to be fully enabled/unlocked, but can't seem to find that now. One of the features I liked was the after effects of touching up images. I believe the settings were, Auto/Enhance, *Dynamic*, Vivid, Warm and Cold filters. Dynamic is the one I want to use as this looked really good, however everytime I see it now it says I need a "Google 1" subscription to use it, which I didnt previously... any ideas?

Cheers, Lister