Question Which GCAM distro/dev, and is it really better than stock ?

Search This thread

d2russel

Jun 20, 2011
To contribute to this thread. Attached are some comparison pictures in low light using the stock cam against the latest BSG build.
BSG main lens setting using pixel 7 pro(cheetah) and sabre merge. The picture named with focus just means i pressed middle of the screen to let it auto adjust to the darker portion of the building.

Attachments

• stock.jpg
    stock.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 310
  • stock_nightmode.jpg
    stock_nightmode.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 275
  • bsg_hdr+.jpg
    bsg_hdr+.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 273
  • bsg_hdr+_focus.jpg
    bsg_hdr+_focus.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 271
  • bsg_hdr+awb.jpg
    bsg_hdr+awb.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 318

arkhoirys

Sep 25, 2022
To contribute to this thread. Attached are some comparison pictures in low light using the stock cam against the latest BSG build.
BSG main lens setting using pixel 7 pro(cheetah) and sabre merge. The picture named with focus just means i pressed middle of the screen to let it auto adjust to the darker portion of the building.
thank god we can use GCam ports, it's so much better in every aspect

Lister Of Smeg

Hi All,

A bit later than normal, but hey ho.... another weekend, another release of our fav BSG distro.... we're now at v11.

I'm actually quite excited about this version.... As for once, they seem to have fixed the Macro lens. It's no longer upside now !!!! :D Yaaaaaay.... lol.

I am out today, so hopefully I might get chance to get some day time shots...

Cheers, Lister

Reactions: Bareny

zZerosenninZz

Jun 8, 2021
Redmi Note 9
Hi All,

A bit later than normal, but hey ho.... another weekend, another release of our fav BSG distro.... we're now at v11.

I'm actually quite excited about this version.... As for once, they seem to have fixed the Macro lens. It's no longer upside now !!!! :D Yaaaaaay.... lol.

Cheers, Lister
What config file do I use?

Danny Jackson

Dec 1, 2022
Hi Guys,

So I picked one of these phones up recently and treated myself to a phone upgrade. I must say, so far I am extremely pleased and impressed with the device so far. It's fast, feature packed, all what I expected and more. First time with a MIUI device and must say I like it.

However one of the constant criticism of a phone in this class, is the camera quality and everyone saying to use GCam.

I've tried many different distro's, builds and version of GCam and starting to confuse myself now... So just wondered which one you guys use, that offers best results and least likely to crash. As noticed a lot don't like the video section...

I've used: Arnova8G2, BSG, MTSL, MWP, Nikita... among many others. And must say I find BSG the most effective and reliable, but still the occasional crash.

So which one do you use, and why...??

Also, the stock camera doesn't seem that bad... I tried it on a couple of things today and expected bad results, but thought they fine...

Lastly, with the GCam mods, one of them seemed to be fully enabled/unlocked, but can't seem to find that now. One of the features I liked was the after effects of touching up images. I believe the settings were, Auto/Enhance, *Dynamic*, Vivid, Warm and Cold filters. Dynamic is the one I want to use as this looked really good, however everytime I see it now it says I need a "Google 1" subscription to use it, which I didnt previously... any ideas?

Cheers, Lister
Hey,

Did you by any chance face the green tint problem with these Gcams? I tried a couple of variations but to no vain.

Bareny

Mar 29, 2018
@Danny Jackson
You could try this:
1. Turn On AWB option Manually From Setting & Turn Off HDR ++ Option From Setting.
2. Use XML , For Xml Go Gcam Setting Search Config Word in Setting Save Xml With Any Name like I open Gcam Setting Search Config Word click on Save Config type any word gjaj and Save .
Now Open Phone File Manager , You see GCam Folder. click On Folder And saved your Gcam Xml Then Copy Xml From download this Group and open gcam and double tap near the shutter button on left side , and choose xml then use.
Source: https://t.me/rn11photography/16488

Nov 9, 2022
UK
Been playing with BSG 8.6 and I know it sounds completely illogical but I think the " pixel XL" model actually gives the best detail / sharpness levels . Colours are really washed out but that's easily fixed in an editor

KapriQ

Feb 23, 2011
Hi All,

Cheers, Lister
Can you share config please? I have black viewfinder + crash after i slide on video. Android 12 Vanilla. Thanks. RAW supported

Hyoretsu

Jan 12, 2016
I get that you use BSG cam, but with what configs? Or do you just install it and it's ready to go?

ayushshashank

Jan 1, 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230102-005938_Camera~2.png
    Screenshot_20230102-005938_Camera~2.png
    156.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_20230102-005944_Camera~2.png
    Screenshot_20230102-005944_Camera~2.png
    88.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

notBradPitt

Dec 31, 2022
I have a gcam port for Redmi Note 11 (spes/spesn) which I downloaded from celsoazevedo website it works best, here is the link

Just set hardware level to 3+ in camera settings and you are ready to rock.
Bonus point is that all your lenses are working including macro .
Works well, thanks for sharing! Is there any configs or custom libraries to be used? Libraries for previous versions no longer work

Lister Of Smeg

Lister get to Argos quick , I sold the 11 and got a pixel 6a for 299 .. now I have a phone I'm happy with 😁
Hi BernardBlacksBookshop,

A-haaaa, thanks for the heads up... but despite it's quirks I've grown to love and hate it both at the same time. Whilst it has its interesting and puzzling moments, on the whole it's not so bad now... the whole MIUI is a strange affair !!! ;-) General use, and photo's are not too bad.... With about 20x different GCam apps and configs installed <no joke...> the images ain't bad. Took some great night time shots in the dark when it snowed, looked good.

And to be honest the deal breaker for getting this phone was price and that it has an IR Blaster.... an IR Blaster I hear you say, who cares or needs one of them?? Meeeeeeeeeeeee..... lol. Did look at the likes of Motorola at one point.... and the use of SD Card, even though they tried to restrict it <naughty Google/Xiaomi !!>

I wouldn't be able to cope with a Pixel, no removable storage or IR.... :cry:. Despite they have awesome camera's.... :)

Ended up getting my dad a poor mans Redmi Note 11, by getting the cutback Redmi 10 2022. Had I know it was worse than the original release, would of looked for the older one !!! ;-) lol

Lister

Nov 9, 2022
UK
i did think the lack of an sd card would be a something id regret , but i only filled it up with dads army & the 3 stooges anyway 😂. ill still have a look in and see what's happening , 6a threads pretty dead anyway

Jan 17, 2023
Hello, I'm a new member and first time xiaomi user.
My phone model is Xaomi Redmi Note 11 64gb 4GB Ram

I just discovered the software called Google Camera and I couldn't quite understand which version I should install because there are more than one of the same model in the apks I looked at.

Is there any gcam model you can recommend me?
(Install this is the best, this is the stable that installed it). xml file you can suggest as well.

Thank you everyone in advance. Sorry for any mistakes in my post)

Reactions: Walden0
Jan 17, 2023
I personally use this one with the provided config.
Thank you sir. I will share my ideas as soon as possible.
There are several versions of GCam available for the Redmi Note 11, but one of the most popular and stable versions is the GCam 7.3 APK by Arnova8G2. This version is known to work well on devices running Android 11 and has been tested on the Redmi Note 11.
Thank you, I will do a research based on what you said.

Jan 17, 2023
There are several versions of GCam available for the Redmi Note 11, but one of the most popular and stable versions is the GCam 7.3 APK by Arnova8G2. This version is known to work well on devices running Android 11 and has been tested on the Redmi Note 11.
Arnova8G2 GCam 7.3 I installed the file now and tried it. I took a test photo, the application crashed after taking the photo, I tried a few more times and the situation is the same. Is it my problem sir?

Jan 17, 2023
It's possible that the GCam 7.3 APK by Arnova8G2 that you've installed is not compatible the version of Android that you are running on your device. This can cause the app to crash when you try to take a photo.

It's also possible that there may be an issue with the installation of the app or a conflict with another app on your device.

Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that you have installed the correct version of GCam for your device and Android version.
  2. Try clearing the app data and cache for GCam. Go to your device's settings, then to the apps menu, find GCam, click on it and click on storage, then click on clear data and clear cache.
  3. Uninstall and reinstall the app.
  4. Check if there's any updates available for GCam or your device's firmware.
  5. Try disabling or uninstalling any other camera apps or mods that you have installed.
  6. Try to use a XML file that is compatible with the GCam version you have installed
If none of these steps work, it may be best to try a different version of GCam.
I'm still looking for the appropriate gcam version since you wrote to me. I guess I have to find it by some trial and error.

Screenshot_1.png

For example, which one should I download here. Is there a certain rule or should I try all of them (except samsungs)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The best compatible gcam mod is BSG MGC 8.7.250 A11 V5 snapcam Version. There is also a config File for the Redmi Note 11.....but this version of gcam works also without a config File very good. All cameras are supported. celsoazevedo.com
    Hi Guys,

So I picked one of these phones up recently and treated myself to a phone upgrade. I must say, so far I am extremely pleased and impressed with the device so far. It's fast, feature packed, all what I expected and more. First time with a MIUI device and must say I like it.

However one of the constant criticism of a phone in this class, is the camera quality and everyone saying to use GCam.

I've tried many different distro's, builds and version of GCam and starting to confuse myself now... So just wondered which one you guys use, that offers best results and least likely to crash. As noticed a lot don't like the video section...

I've used: Arnova8G2, BSG, MTSL, MWP, Nikita... among many others. And must say I find BSG the most effective and reliable, but still the occasional crash.

So which one do you use, and why...??

Also, the stock camera doesn't seem that bad... I tried it on a couple of things today and expected bad results, but thought they fine...

Lastly, with the GCam mods, one of them seemed to be fully enabled/unlocked, but can't seem to find that now. One of the features I liked was the after effects of touching up images. I believe the settings were, Auto/Enhance, *Dynamic*, Vivid, Warm and Cold filters. Dynamic is the one I want to use as this looked really good, however everytime I see it now it says I need a "Google 1" subscription to use it, which I didnt previously... any ideas?

Cheers, Lister
    Hey Lister, just came a cross your thread and remembered my old self few months back when I was in the same situation. So I just bought Redmi note 11 after using my LG G3 as a daily driver since 2015. That poor fella got admitted in ICU and eventually passed away RIP lol 😢🪦
    Anyways, long story short, Im using this Gcam on my Note11 android 12 stable beta.
    It also works fine on eu.
    The results are just mind blowing as you can see how this photo was rendered despite of low lighting and 2x zoom.
    Install the apk from here :
    And select English, if you are using any gcam version delete that first, then lunch the app and allow all the permissions, now double tap in the same location that I've mentioned in the screenshot and slect the xml config file that I've given here or get it from this link :
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oup9zmuD5fyI-LrlaZs4NsjgeFA3MkDV/view?usp=drivesdk
    Boom you are good and there is so need to customize anything.
    A little note; If you wanna capture micro shots then do not use this gcam port, instead use the stock camera as it displays the picture upside down lol. I have tried to solve this issue with my own configs but failed alas!! Rest is all good to go.
    Also use google photos for extra stunning tunning of photos.
    I hope this would help.
    Peace 🫴💕
    D
    Deleted member 6256322
    Updated my bigkaka v9 agc , video now works at 30 & 60 fps . Slow Mo crashes the app so don't even bother trying it . Plus the focus seems to hunt a lot when shooting at 60fps , but it's fine at 30 . But at least it's working 😊
    Hi BobHumphrey & The Mero,

Apologies, as mentioned, I can't remember if I did it via the built in System App Updater, found under Settings... and it alerted me that there was there was an app update for the Camera... Or whether it was another App. As the System App Updater is seemless and just does it by tapping on the app. Where as the other methods requiring downloading the app and then installing afterwards.

It could be the "MIUI Downloader" where it tells you about your phone, what Android OS versions its eligible to receive (Android 13 apparently, but not for another year at least I suspect... lol). It also tells you what roms are available, what news, what apps are updatable and all that jazz... It may of been there, that I saw it... However the MUIU seems to use APKMirror as source to download from, which as mentioned I am sure the other was seemless and did it within itself. However using the MUIU it tells you what version you're on and what the latest is....

I just took a 50mp photo of my bed sheets (boy, I live in the fast lane.... lol) and I must say was impressed with the detail when zooming in... Super sharp and clear... Nowt wrong with the camera !!!

Hmmm, now my stock cam is 4.3, and I cannot find out how to update it.

Right then Lister .. go into settings / SIM cards and network / tap on the SIM that your using ( if your using 2 of em so it for both ) and scroll down to make calls using WiFi at the bottom and knock it Off . Plus I've got almost 6 hours of sot after playing about with the phone since yesterday , installing , uninstalling, 2 hours of YouTube , messaging and still got 45% battery left . I wonder if yours hasn't got a duff battery ?

Yeah my stock cam is 4.3 too , no updates for it anywhere , only way I could see to update it is to use a ripped APK .. and we don't wanna be doing that do we .

Ah thank you, it would appear I have already turned it off...? :( As just gone there, and it was off already. However the other day I noticed it said "Vo LTE" in status bar, even when I hadn't tinkered with that for a while, so it's like it's still selecting/using it. So I turned it back on, went into it and said I prefer Mobile Network over WiFi and then disabled it again... just in case it's sticking somewhere...

Oh god, I hope I don't have a flakey battery. I mean, the phone is barely a month old at moment... and I've installed various stuff on it. Guess will have to backup/wipe and re-test with basic apps. I don't think I've overloaded it with too much cr@p. Allegedly it says I've installed 90 odd apps myself... is that too much?? How many Apps do you guys have installed?

Perhaps I am expecting too much, not being realistic enough?? I'll do some tests and see how quick it is to drop like a percentage.... It just feels like within a minute or two it drops a percent, and so on... literally see the battery drain... :( I just had visions of tapping away, and see drain slowly like every 15 mins or so...

Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-12-31-159_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-16-18-584_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-14-25-088_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-16-27-655_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-28-21-15-25-374_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg

I don't know if the above pictures help at all, I don't really understand what it's saying, whether this is normal and within spec....?

Cheers, Lister