• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Which HD audio codecs are confirmed? No adpX HD?

Search This thread

gatorguy

I haven’t been able to find anywhere that confirms which bluetooth HD audio codecs the Pixel 6 Pro will have. The codecs seem to be mysteriously left out of the specs. Look at https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7158570?hl=en and compare the Pixel 6 Pro specs with the 5a (5G) specs in the “Wireless & Location” section.

Does the Pixel 6 Pro have adpX and LDAC codecs? If so, please show me a link to confirmed info. I can’t find it.

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
I am also curious about that... LDAC is extremely important. All modern Qualcom Android phones have it.

I expect Google to deliver here...

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
1634724615517.png

I just chatted with the Google Store support and got an answer:

Both phones will support aptx, aptx hd and LDAC.

gatorguy

I’d certainly hope it’s true that the Pixel 6 devices will support Aptx, Aptx HD and LDAC. Thanks for chatting and finding that out. I’m curious why Google isn’t putting that info seemingly anywhere in their marketing materials. It makes me slightly nervous to just take the word of a support chat rep.

I know there’s an article on XDA pre-release where some leakers said the phone would have the codecs. That makes me feel a little better than the support rep, ha.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
My Pixel 3 XL supports aptx and LDAC.
I think these codecs are just assumed to be included now.
I wouldn't worry about it.
Well, your Pixel 3 XL runs Android on a Qualcomm chip. That's designed to run those codecs/ the licenses are paid.

Take a look at IPhones for example. They have no codecs whatsoever. High quality bluetooth connections... that's impossible with Apple devices. They crap out way before.

Knowing Google and how easily they f*ck up important stuff, it's important to ask those questions.

I know for a fact that LDAC has been part of the Android Open Source Project for many years now and that OEMs can add it to their devices freely, but they still have to add it. It's not going to appear magically out of thin air.

Reactions: blackhawk

android_dan

Feb 17, 2015
Myself I'm really disappointed it doesn't support Dolby Atmos or and kind of spatial audio. I really enjoy this out of the OP8 I have now. Ordered the 6 and will give it a shot but might end up returning it.

Nit3H8wk

Mar 3, 2011
Could you also provide us some feedback regarding SOT/ battery life once you get a feel for it?
Still technically on day one of use but so far it seems as good if not better than my old iphone 12 pro max. For now I am using the same wireless charger I was using for my z fold 3 until I am able to get a google wireless charger. You should start seeing more detailed testing on youtube in another day or so when the embargo is over.

Reactions: dj24

Morgrain

Aug 4, 2015
Noice, would be nice to know what you think of the camera and especially the video quality. Those embargo jugglers don't want people to find out if the phone is truly worth it, before it's sold officially :(

Nit3H8wk

Mar 3, 2011
Noice, would be nice to know what you think of the camera and especially the video quality. Those embargo jugglers don't want people to find out if the phone is truly worth it, before it's sold officially :(
So far it looks good. I believe it's a 50MP camera on the rear and uses AI machine learning to enhance the images. Video can do 4k and 60fps and 1080p 30fps is default.

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013
Just got my pixel 6 pro today.

Still technically on day one of use but so far it seems as good if not better than my old iphone 12 pro max. For now I am using the same wireless charger I was using for my z fold 3 until I am able to get a google wireless charger. You should start seeing more detailed testing on youtube in another day or so when the embargo is over.

How do you rate P6P screen brightness compared to IPhone 12 Pro max?

blastroid

Jul 29, 2010
San Francisco
So if aptx is available then there is some Qualcomm inside. I have the sony headphones with LDAC and that is what I use all the time with my pixel 2. I do a lot of flac and full wav file listening and while it is somewhat lost in the noisy urban world it is nice to have.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So if aptx is available then there is some Qualcomm inside. I have the sony headphones with LDAC and that is what I use all the time with my pixel 2. I do a lot of flac and full wav file listening and while it is somewhat lost in the noisy urban world it is nice to have.
    See attach. LDAC with a wireless Sony WH-1000XM3. I play studio FLAC (24 bit / hi-res 96KHz) from PowerAmp ... working fine.
    And Qualcomm aptX with Senheiser Momentum 2 (wireless). See screenshot. Also here play studio FLAC (24 bit / hi-res 96KHz) from PowerAmp working fine.
    1634724615517.png

I just chatted with the Google Store support and got an answer:

Both phones will support aptx, aptx hd and LDAC.
    No the codecs were pulled from android open source project and they are royalty free.
    I’d certainly hope it’s true that the Pixel 6 devices will support Aptx, Aptx HD and LDAC. Thanks for chatting and finding that out. I’m curious why Google isn’t putting that info seemingly anywhere in their marketing materials. It makes me slightly nervous to just take the word of a support chat rep.

I know there’s an article on XDA pre-release where some leakers said the phone would have the codecs. That makes me feel a little better than the support rep, ha.
    My Pixel 3 XL supports aptx and LDAC.
    I think these codecs are just assumed to be included now.
    I wouldn't worry about it.
    And Qualcomm aptX with Senheiser Momentum 2 (wireless). See screenshot. Also here play studio FLAC (24 bit / hi-res 96KHz) from PowerAmp working fine.