Which kernel is the best?

Search This thread

tjackbjorn

Jan 24, 2012
Falun
Hello!
Like the topic says I wonder which kernel you guys thinks is the best! Which one got best battery life and smoothest and yeah you know! And which ROM do you use your kernel with? Personally I think matr1x is the most stable kernel out there when overclocked. But Air kernel with pixel 1.60, nothing is smoother!

Share your opinions plz! :D have a nice day!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

skizzled

Jun 17, 2007
bedalus made us a nice comparison of kernels, i suggest reading his thread and checking out the comparisons http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441905
but personally, i think that the trinity kernels are on the very top of the food chain :)
Definitely check out that link. Some great information in it relating to kernels.

As for myself, nearly every single time I try a kernel other than matr1x, I get stability issues. Then again, I've only given a few ICS kernels a go thus far. I am a fan of Air Kernel at this current time. It has been stable and fast for me.

Steviemac12

Jan 22, 2012
Newmarket, Ontario
Definitely check out that link. Some great information in it relating to kernels.

As for myself, nearly every single time I try a kernel other than matr1x, I get stability issues. Then again, I've only given a few ICS kernels a go thus far. I am a fan of Air Kernel at this current time. It has been stable and fast for me.

Same here Skizzled... big fan of Matr1x, but am driving the Air Kernel 3.5_65fps. It has performed very well and has good battery life for me.

Steviemac

montbazon

Mar 14, 2012
Berlin
I prefer the aniDroid hardened but... b4 & b5 are so unstable.
Now i'm using air.
And waiting for stable anidroid hardened.

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA

mlin

Dec 27, 2007
My favorite ROM is AOKP and for my phone steve.garon's kernel seems to be the best option for stability, battery life, and smoothness.

mindwalkr

Jun 6, 2011
Using simple kernel here.. Adds voodoo sound and BLN without compromising on stability cause everything else is stock. I find ics on the nexus smooth enough already

ballroom dru

Apr 1, 2011
Brooklyn
air_kernel_v3.6_65fps+blue with Pixel 1.6 Lite Touch. Best ICS based Kernel/ROM combination for Stability and battery life I have tested so far. But, I normally end up switching back to Oxygen Rom eventually. I know it is GB based but who can beat a fast ROM which can get you uptimes in excess of 1000 hours with no need to reboot.

jokkir

Jan 24, 2012
I use matr1x-cfs 18.0 and so far, everything seems to be fast and stable. The only times my phone reboots is when I play around with the already undervolted kernel.

Other than that, it's fast and I don't see a point of switching to other kernels unless they provide a feature that's not in matr1x.

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
Matr1x kernel for me is always at or near the top can't go wrong with Matr1x the only time I don't use the kernel is if I'm on Peter Alfonso Bugless Beast Rom other than that its Matrix!! ;)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

bertans

Nov 13, 2009
Como
Take a look at Thalamus' kernel... for me it's the best balance between stock kernel and modded ones. Battery +75% (approx.) and no reboot at all! :eek:

You'll find it (current version: 3.0.23_r1) at this page. :cool:

Reactions: miguelm75

Killasmoke

Jun 27, 2011
Worcester
Take a look at Thalamus' kernel... for me it's the best balance between stock kernel and modded ones. Battery +75% (approx.) and no reboot at all! :eek:

Thanks I just downloaded to give a spin I hope it work well on my Nexus S4G! :)

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bedalus made us a nice comparison of kernels, i suggest reading his thread and checking out the comparisons http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1441905
    but personally, i think that the trinity kernels are on the very top of the food chain :)
    Stock kernel !...:p:p:p

because without stock kernel there is no custom kernel..:D:D

Steve garons kernel with cold colors is amazing, also any trinity kernel. Mathkids is great too. We have an amazing community of developers, try them all. :D

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone