Question Which mobile soc can be overclocked (cpu and gpu ) at higher frequencies and voltages than advertised ? and which devices can or can’t ?

Search This thread

Jack 177

Jul 1, 2022
best brand in general is samsung but if you want to root and overclock, definitely dont choose samsung.

The only brands i have ever tried was samsung and xiaomi (Galaxy note 5 and xiaomi poco f3)

I know that Mi10T can be overclocked to 950, idk any other phones, im not well versed in this area.

When it comes to supporting 120 fps on all apps, as long as you are rooted, any phone will do, you can just change model name or use gltools
Thank you , do you have a link for a tutorial on GLTools or have more information about how to use it ? Does it work with all games ? Or is there other ways to uncap fps ? Thanks

Jack 177

Jul 1, 2022
best brand in general is samsung but if you want to root and overclock, definitely dont choose samsung.

The only brands i have ever tried was samsung and xiaomi (Galaxy note 5 and xiaomi poco f3)

I know that Mi10T can be overclocked to 950, idk any other phones, im not well versed in this area.

When it comes to supporting 120 fps on all apps, as long as you are rooted, any phone will do, you can just change model name or use gltools
Also do all brands have apps to disable the thermal threshold like on xiaomi devices , thanks !

3zozHashim

Oct 24, 2014
Egypt
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you , do you have a link for a tutorial on GLTools or have more information about how to use it ? Does it work with all games ? Or is there other ways to uncap fps ? Thanks
in GLTools,

1. select the app you want to unlock fps
  2. slide to game engine
  3. set engine fps limiter to 9000
Also do all brands have apps to disable the thermal threshold like on xiaomi devices , thanks !
i dont know

Reactions: Jack 177

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    when people talk about overclock, its mostly about the gpu.

The sd870's prime core of cpu is overclocked than that of the sd 865.

the gpu of the sd870 was locked by trust zone, so, it can be overclocked to a limit. (Max 683 MHz)

Some lucky guys have an unlocked sd870, where they can overclock their gpu and even reach 1000 MHz if they want.

sd865 was not locked by trust zone and thus can be overlocked up to 985 MHz

its not related to xiaomi

Keep in mind, if you do manage to overclock, it is best to have a cooler when reaching these overclock levels
    These arent mine though

credits go to @astronomy216

also from that telegram group, i talked about
    I am not sure but i think it was mentioned in the telegram group
    "
    Compatibility list of Qualcomm SOC
    Snapdragon 8Gen1 max 831MHz
    Snapdragon 888+ max 855MHz
    Snapdragon 888 max 855MHz
    Snapdragon 870 max 680/683MHz
    Snapdragon 865+ max 683/950MHz
    Snapdragon 865 max 940/950MHz
    Snapdragon 860 max 692MHz
    Snapdragon 855+ max 692MHz
    Snapdragon 855 max 800-855MHz
    Snapdragon 780G
    Snapdragon 778G
    Snapdragon 765
    Snapdragon 750
    Snapdragon 690
    "
    Acquired from the telegram group

The sd888 stock max gpu 840

According to this list it can be overclocked to 855, so, i suppose that means it is locked